Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I think the truth is that the US is not sure what to do, not sure of who the good guys are (probably few) or who are the bad guys are (probably many)

yeah, probably so.

The problem now is that President Obama drew a line in the sand about using biological/chemical weapons, probably without first discussing what responses his military leaders could effectively provide. So if it's proven beyond doubt that sarin gas or something was used, he now has to respond.

•••
yeah, probably so.

The problem now is that President Obama drew a line in the sand about using biological/chemical weapons, probably without first discussing what responses his military leaders could effectively provide. So if it's proven beyond doubt that sarin gas or something was used, he now has to respond.

Getting involved in Syria will probably be even worse than getting into Iraq.

The US will not get in on its own. Maybe through NATO they will, but..... there's a big but, Russia (and China to a lesser extent) will not tolerate it.

I still haven't figured out who are the good guys in Syria.

•••
If you are a bit confused about Syria (like I was) and the Middle East here is a short article from the Financial Times that should help clarify matters:

A short guide to the Middle East

From Mr K N Al-Sabah.

Sir, Iran is backing Assad. Gulf states are against Assad!

Assad is against Muslim Brotherhood. Muslim Brotherhood and Obama are against General Sisi.

But Gulf states are pro Sisi! Which means they are against Muslim Brotherhood!

Iran is pro Hamas, but Hamas is backing Muslim Brotherhood!

Obama is backing Muslim Brotherhood, yet Hamas is against the US!

Gulf states are pro US. But Turkey is with Gulf states against Assad; yet Turkey is pro Muslim Brotherhood against General Sisi. And General Sisi is being backed by the Gulf states!

Welcome to the Middle East and have a nice day.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/d57c9b66-0a76-11e3-9cec-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2cx8I3ecS

•••
Doesnt prove anything but its a TRUE fact:

Countries that have not signed or radified the CWC:

Israel
Myanmar
Angola
Egypt
North Korea
South Sudan
Syria

Formerly
Iraq
Lybia

source of TRUTH [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_parties_to_the_Chemical_Weapons_Convention"]List of parties to the Chemical Weapons Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Lets see what the US has to say about the cwc
http://www.cwc.gov

also interesting considering current stances on Chemical Weapons
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articl...prove_america_helped_saddam_as_he_gassed_iran

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wonder if the US intelligence has any idea of where the chemical weapons are stored? Seems like they would want to get rid of them as the first priority rather than blowing up a runway of something.

•••
Aren't the inspectors still there and beginning to look for proof? I still haven't seen any proof of which side used the chemical weapons, yet Joe Bidden is already telling us the it's the Syrian regime's fault.

This story seems to be repeating itself, when 10 years ago, Bush, Cheney and Colin Powell also did not allow the inspectors to finish their job so as to start the war

I may be wrong in thinking so, but it doesn't make any sense that the Syrian regime would use chemical weapons at a time when the inspectors are in the country and were apparently staying about 50km from where these massacres occurred.

Either the governments in collaboration with the MSM are lying again, or they are withholding information.

•••
To stop violence in Syria USA, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey need to stop the support of so called rebels.

And could anybody tell me how it is possible that USA is struggling against Al-Qaeda in Afganistan and all over the world, and now USA wants to support Al-Qaeda in the war with Assad!?

Hope USA, UK and other "warriors of democracy" won't start the campaing in Syria

•••
To stop violence in Syria USA, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey need to stop the support of so called rebels.

And could anybody tell me how it is possible that USA is struggling against Al-Qaeda in Afganistan and all over the world, and now USA wants to support Al-Qaeda in the war with Assad!?

Hope USA, UK and other "warriors of democracy" won't start the campaing in Syria

American and some European governments attitude in Syria is quite confusing to me. That region is a powder keg, ready to explode. Israel is likely to get involved as well.

It's being said that the US & some Allies. will send a number of missiles and aerial strikes for a few days of punishment and then walk away. These strikes will inevitably kill civilians

The Russians have a naval base there, as well as hundreds of military advisers in Syria. If there is collateral damage and Russians get killed it could create a lot of nasty consequences.

•••
American and some European governments attitude in Syria is quite confusing to me. That region is a powder keg, ready to explode. Israel is likely to get involved as well.

It's being said that the US & some Allies. will send a number of missiles and aerial strikes for a few days of punishment and then walk away. These strikes will inevitably kill civilians

The Russians have a naval base there, as well as hundreds of military advisers in Syria. If there is collateral damage and Russians get killed it could create a lot of nasty consequences.

USA Middle East policy is generally quite confusing to me. Ah I forgot it's all about democracy. The results of democracy we could see now in Lybia.
I don't think Russians would be directly involved in war, but there is an other country who could and I guess would be directly involved - Iran. And Iran it's not Syria, Lybia or Egipt - the consequences could be very strong: for example for Israel or Arabian monarchies.
But who cares in USA. It's very easy to send missiles when you live on a totally separate continent.

And here is about WHO used chemical weapons - http://mirajnews.com/en/middle-east/8650-un-says-syrian-opposition-may-have-used-sarin.html
but who cares...

•••
At least for now the UK's Prime Minister Cameron was forced to put Syria airstrike on hold and will wait for the UN chemical weapons report (that's what he says for now)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-action-await-UN-chemical-weapons-report.html

What happens if the UN Inspectors find out that the chemical attack was done by the rebels, will they go after the rebels and start helping Assad? 100.000 dead in 2 years and all of a sudden the UK and the US are in a hurry to test some more of the latest generation Cruise missiles and perhaps some other new army toys.

I'm sure Iran is also dying to test their latest missiles on Israel

I say let them sort it out themselves

Last edited:
•••
I agree.
The USA should back off completely and just let Syria fight amongst itself.

Syria is just a lose-lose proposition for the USA.

•••
The USA should back off completely and just let Syria fight amongst itself.
It's easy to say when you are not a neighboring country like Lebanon, where one resident out of four is already a Syrian refugee.

•••
It's easy to say when you are not a neighboring country like Lebanon, where one resident out of four is already a Syrian refugee.

So USA and coalition need to start bombing Syria?

BTW Egypt Closes Suez Canal To All US Military Ships

http://beforeitsnews.com/middle-eas...s-citing-defence-pact-with-syria-2453790.html

P.S. Couple of years ago my sister lived in Damascus for 1 year. She was amazed by the city, by people and by the attitude of people to her (she is Christian not Muslim). It was peacful city and I guess country too.

Why people can't undestand that what is happening now in Syria is the war with radical Islam? West countires are against radical Islam (at least they are saying it), but now they want to support radical Islam (rebels) in Syria.

Last edited:
•••
Russia will send two ships, an anti-submarine vessel and a missile cruiser to the east Mediterranean to strengthen its naval presence in response to the Syria crisis.

I have a feeling that Obama and Putin will be playing a game of chess by next week and probably check-mate each other

•••
My whole life has had Middle East wars and peace talks in the news. It's like a baby crying in a movie: Everyone hates it and wants it to stop, but can't think of what to do about it. Besides an occasional shut-up shout over the shoulder everyone silently grumbles and suffers through it, hoping someone else, anyone else, will step up and do something about it and make that damn crying stop. When the baby's wails are finally cut short by the heavy door closing behind the parent leaving the theater, everybody breathes a sigh of relief and turns back to their movie and popcorn and will never think of the crying infant again . . . at least until they get on a plane with another crybaby.

•••
to stop violence and killing put preasure on Qutar and Saudia Arabia to removed paid mercenary fighters. Also tell them to stop the flow of arms into Syria as shown in this graphic:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...line-to-the-syrian-rebels.html?ref=middleeast
Notice where the pipeline starts.

What to do?
Get all foreign fighters out of Syria.
How? Stop payrolling them. Where does the payroll come from? Same place the pipline starts.

Stop selling weapons to countries that use mercenaries to fight proxy wars for them. In this case that would be SA and Qutar.

That would be a start.
-
Think hard about the word "intervention". The US has been indirectly and directly (CIA traning of mercenaries and providing inteligence). So intervention is nothing new, it has been going on for about 2 years.
-
The "rebels" have nothing to do with Syrians that want a different president and reforms. A large majority of Syrians and non-Syrians that are against the so called "rebels" and against an "intervention" are not pro-Assad. They are in favor of reforms but no not want foregin intervetion mercinary or missile.
-
This is not a "Civl War" this is a Proxy War.

•••
This weekend's celebration of the 50th anniversary of ML King Jr's "I Have a Dream" speech (and civil rights in general) was a pretty big deal for a lot of people. Interesting to note that no notable Republicans showed up at all, despite receiving invitations. Most said they had "scheduling conflicts." That sort of explains the lack of votes from minorities.

•••
That sort of explains the lack of votes from minorities.

Minorities vote for whoever gives them free phones, free food stamps, free benefits and amnesty for illegals

•••
Minorities vote for whoever gives them free phones, free food stamps, free benefits and amnesty for illegals

Spoken like a true conservative. Never mind that pesky civil rights stuff.

•••
"Minorities vote for whoever gives them free phones, free food stamps, free benefits and amnesty for illegals "

Showing your true colors again.

wait, wasnt MLK a republican?

Last edited:
•••
"Minorities vote for whoever gives them free phones, free food stamps, free benefits and amnesty for illegals "

Showing your true colors again.

Exactly. Unlike liberals, I don't pretend to be another color or try to hide the truth

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back