IT.COM

The ultimate GoDaddy shame! GoDaddy backorder customers smashed in the head!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
If you have backorder credits purchased through GoDaddy, this affects you! Read below!

As of recently, GoDaddy backorders are no longer exclusive. More than 1 person can now place a backorder on the same domain! D-:
If GoDaddy secures the domain, it goes to auction and only the persons who have backordered the domain can participate.

There are thousands of domainers with existing backorder credits which are now rendered useless. We have all bought backorder credits for backorder acquisitions at up to $18.99 each, credits which GoDaddy is now turning into a right to bid on the domain in an auction in case GoDaddy secures it. D-:

It's time to join forces and claim our rights! It's one thing to change the backorder system for newly purchased backorders and it's another thing to smash existing customers in the head and render useless their purchased backorder credits for an exclusive service!

We need to either get a refund or request that existing backorder credits that were purchased prior to the change to be used exclusively!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only time I buy anything from Godaddy is when I have coupon code such as $1.99 .com coupon.

•••
sad to hear. thx god I backordered a long time ago and got my name.

Seems like all these companies want to profit as much as they can....

•••
I just received email from Godaddy and part of email said...

"Protect yourself with Private Registration, now only $7.20/yr ” 20% off our standard $8.99/yr price!".
Whoa!
20% discount!

Should I get it?
Get it twice for double privacy.

Seriously, privacy is of no value to most people. I occasionally get someone trying to sell me the .CN of one of my .COMs or of an .INFO I am about to drop. Really very little spam, considering how many domains I have. Plus, listings in whois help buyers find me.

•••
Bad news.
Who got refund?

•••
Ah thanks for the heads-up. I wasn't aware of this change in GD backobrders. Ironically, GD snagged a backorder for me just last week or so.. ( .info name)...

Ro

•••
Okay a few weeks back there was a name I wanted from go daddy it had expired and it was waiting for the owner to renew etc. I looked at it and it was parked at go daddy it had an option to bid on the name because since it was expired it went to auction.

Okay so I did payed 5 plus reg fee for it and waited for the auction to be over. I called go daddy support to ask for more info and they said that even if someone had back ordered that domain since I bid on it and if I won Id get the domain first it wouldn't matter if someone had back ordered it.

Reading this thread to me it seems unfair for the companies to do this. People give their money for a chance to get this domain and for what for the companies to hold their money and let other people gain it in a auction. Totally unfair and I think this is unethical.

•••
You still get the domain outright if you are the only one to place a backorder on the domain. So, I really don't think the change is that bad. All they have really done is remove your exclusive right to make the only backorder on any domain. Then, if more than one backorder, it goes to auction exclusively to those who have placed a backorder. Info direct from my Account Manager.

•••
GoDaddy Backorder Service a Scam

I ordered the Domain Backorder Service some time ago.
I'd been watching a domain to become available for some time.
I saw that as soon as it was available it was snapped up.
I since found that it was snapped up by Domains By Proxy which is a GoDaddy Company.

The domain was NOT originally registered by GoDaddy.
Now all of a sudden it is coming out of redemption and quite a few companies are writing to me with different names but the same looking form with the SAME submission errors when I try and write them, that the domain is going to be going to Auction and I can bid now.

I tried to put in a bid and it wanted an opening bid of $478.00.
What happened to my Domain Backorder?

What it appears like is I paid to essentially let them know that I was interested in obtaining the domain.
They then snapped it up an now are trying to make a nice profit.
How nice of me to PAY for a service to rip myself off!!!

STAY AWAY from this service it's a scam!
This domain should have been mine and they have my money and the domain.

I WILL NO LONGER take my business to GoDaddy!
:|:|:|

•••
THIS IS THE WAY THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FOR THE LAST YEARS. I have been a backorder customer for years and nothing has changed. This isn't something new...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back