NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone know how to download your domains at EnCirca? I asked them a few months ago and they said they were working on it. I've never been able to find a way.

8^X

•••
You can't download domains (yet) into an excel sheet but there is a work around which works for me nicely.

Select the table which has the domains in it (within encrica) and then paste that into something like frontpage or dreamweaver. Then select the column which has the domains in it and copy and paste it into notepad, you have a list of your domains. ;) Its too much to do but it works until they come up with something to export it.

•••
Nice sales! Do you know at which site they were sold?

The snapshots where taken from the Sedo RSS sold feed...so probably Sedo sales

Just saw this Sedo sale traductor.pro $2,200

Last edited:
•••
Select the table which has the domains in it (within encrica) and then paste that into something like frontpage or dreamweaver. Then select the column which has the domains in it and copy and paste it into notepad, you have a list of your domains. ;) Its too much to do but it works until they come up with something to export it.

Now I feel like an idiot.

Thanks InvisionTech for taking the time to explain that !!! I do appreciate it !!
Charles

8^X

•••
so your the one that got aruba.pro! Nice work..if your buying .pro like you are, your not an idiot in my book.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

The snapshots where taken from the Sedo RSS sold feed...so probably Sedo sales

Just saw this Sedo sale traductor.pro $2,200

Can you provide a link to the source you are looking at. I checked the sedo recent sales fee and can't find any .pro sales

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

bois.pro $1,530 just reported dnjournal

•••
This is a nice little developed .pro site I stumbled across : zip.pro/

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Not sure how that one was released, I do not recall seeing it in the 3 letter auction.

eco.pro, dog.pro, dui.pro, ale.pro, eye.pro, tea.pro, ask.pro, run.pro, sax.pro, ear.pro, hip.pro, ssl.pro

Nor in the RFP release:
AED.PRO, allocated to Advanced Electronic Designs, Inc., Bozeman, MT USA
Advanced Electronic Designs is an electronic engineering services provider specializing in hardware and software design for embedded systems.

DOM.PRO, allocated to Nedvizhimost, Moscow, Russia
Nedvizhimost - creating a common database for Russian real estate companies.

E1.PRO, allocated to e-One, Chicago, IL USA
e-One launches community-wide green initiatives to help them create extraordinary, positive environmental impacts.

LOC.PRO, allocated to LocPro Localization Company, Istanbul, Turkey
LocPro provides localization services including desktop publishing and quality control for regional languages such as Turkish, Arabic and Greek.

OVH.PRO, allocated to OVH, Roubaix, France
OVH, Telephony and Web hosting solutions.

SFR.PRO, allocated to SFR, SA, Paris, France
SFR is a leading French and European alternative telecommunications operator.

TIC.PRO, allocated to The Internet Channel, LLC (TIC), La Jolla, CA USA
The Internet Channel is a global entertainment and social network portal managed by an international group of creative professional producers.

TOP.PRO, allocated to Top Greenhouses L.T.D., Rishon LeZion, Israel
Top Greenhouses is a market-oriented company, which designs manufactures and installs greenhouses and other kinds of agricultural structures.

411.PRO, allocated to WBC Media Inc., Mont Fleuri, Seychelles

•••
Same goes for sex.pro, not sure how that was obtained WAY before any 3-character ones were even offered! Fishy.pro

•••
its ok, just 1 major .pro website and it puts us on the chart.

•••
I just reg one dropped PRO: simulator
Project to build website about everything simulator like Train, ship, plane, golf, car, trading.....

adding subdomains will help for identifying it. ex: ship.simulator.pro

•••
so your the one that got aruba.pro! Nice work..if your buying .pro like you are, your not an idiot in my book.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Can you provide a link to the source you are looking at. I checked the sedo recent sales fee and can't find any .pro sales

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

bois.pro $1,530 just reported dnjournal

AND NOW Arte.pro at SEDO

The list of names changes rather quickly, so here is a screen shot. Curious to see if DNJournal will pick these sales up.

Attachments

• Arte.pro Sedo sale.JPG
    Arte.pro Sedo sale.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 52
•••
AND NOW Arte.pro at SEDO

The list of names changes rather quickly, so here is a screen shot. Curious to see if DNJournal will pick these sales up.

wow. I pulled

rate.pro (1,100 USD)

on the same list. That is crazy. For some reason I thought you were pulling from some old list for the ones you posted already.

Are all these recent sales then? That is quite a few.

•••

I've been able to pick up 30 or more drops close to the quality of Aruba in the past 60 days. If I had time to hang around at drop time I could have picked up twice that. I've left a lot behind because I'm supposed to be developing, not buying !!!

8^X

•••
thanks for leaving a few for me. I picked up a few like
debtsettlement.pro and some others. Glad to see there have been several (like 5 or more) 1k to 3.5k sales here in the last few weeks. Its nice to see people willing to step up and pay more premium prices for the .pro domains.

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

ok 7! I checked the sedo sales feed again.

objective.pro (500 euro)

He's right. sedo.com/rss/rss_list.php?rss_id=17 This sedo feed does change rapidly.

•••
I took standard.pro from the drops. Let's see how January .pro price drop increase the registrations.

•••
where are the drops listed?

•••
Broker.pro currently on auction at Sedo for $1,850.

Drops or deletions are listed at Encirca.

Premium drops are on auction at Snapnames.

•••
so, did broker.pro sell? You would think that sedo sales rss feed would keep things posted for more than a few minutes. sales just seem to vanish for .pro.

My ecigarettes.pro site is performing pretty well. have page 1 ranking on yahoo and bing. second page on google i believe. My hope has been restored that .pros can get seo ranking. (under keyword ecigarettes plural)

hope a few .pros hit dnjournal. anyone who can send me a link to the recent string of sedo sales please post.

thanks!

•••
I think the sedo feed is bogus. its listing domain sales from the long past.
Yes, I think we've made some of these sales. but don't trust that feed until someone tells me different

Last edited:
•••

I have a question about Geo's in the Pro extension. It's a little tough to phrase.

Do you think that a Geo.Pro carries as much relative value as a Geo.Com, or in other words ... do you believe that a heavy weight Geo like London.pro is less important in a Pro than with a Com ext?

8^X

•••

I have a question about Geo's in the Pro extension. It's a little tough to phrase.

Do you think that a Geo.Pro carries as much relative value as a Geo.Com, or in other words ... do you believe that a heavy weight Geo like London.pro is less important in a Pro than with a Com ext?

8^X

I've had many GEO.pro in the past, try to sell them even low price and none were sold for more than reg fee. So I let it drop, and even domainer wh bought with me dropped some too but I reg again, so no real value. dot pro is one of the worse for geo tld.

•••
Steve your geo .pros were not very good. Unexceptional keywords in a niche extension like .pro registered 4 years after the initial landrush are unlikely to sell within a year of being registered. You have to wait for your cake to bake. I invested alot of money in .pro, didn't sell any for several years, then sold 10 for $30,000.

Geo .pros have sold; Reno.pro, Moscow.pro, Paris.pro, Macau.pro and Iraq.pro are listed on Total.pro. I bought London.pro, France.pro, Italy.pro, Spain.pro, Holland.pro and Hollywood.pro so that's another 6 unreported sales. I'm sure there are many more unreported sales.

I don't think geos in .pro are as sought after as other categories of keywords but I have had plenty of interest in France.pro. Geo .pros are a margin play, I picked mine up at affordable prices from keen sellers so I could sell for a profit but still provide excellent value for money to somebody looking for a top geo keyword in a gTLD but not wanting to pay as much as they would have to pay in .info or .biz.

•••
I've been reading some articles on the impact of new extensions entering the domain market. What are your thoughts on new .gtld extensions coming into the market and their effect on .pro and other non .com extensions.

I still generally feel that .pro really got in at the borderline. If .pro had not already been introduced and was coming into the market after .co and other extensions I think we would have not made it.

However, since there is enough publicity and talk of .pro out there and now have about 49k+ registrants with some promise of another growth cycle with lower domain prices. We made the cut. I'd like to see more development in the extension though. the post about zip.pro was refreshing!

•••
8^x

Last edited:
•••
Can you post a link to your domains?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back