Dynadot

The Pizza Gold Rush is on...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainman101

Account Closed
Impact
Great Domains/Sedo has fastpizzapizza.com at auction, with current bid being $5100, follow thru from pizza.com's 2.6M sale... All I can say is wow to the owner of that domain, no brainer for that three word pizza domain......

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I reg'd a pizza name just before the pizza.com sale - OrderPizza.asia :kickass:

•••
^^ I thought you are kidding, before i clicked on the link..

•••
pizza.net is $16K at tdnam right now, 5 days to go... Reserve not met... I like the terms expresspizza.com on sale at sedo for $9K.. and expressopizza.com not sure how much for this one.

•••
domainman101 said:
Great Domains/Sedo has fastpizzapizza.com at auction, with current bid being $5100, follow thru from pizza.com's 2.6M sale... All I can say is wow to the owner of that domain, no brainer for that three word pizza domain......

I might go and register

pizzapizzapizzapizza.com

•••
raredn.com said:
I would have to agree with you, FASTPIZZAPIZZA.COM is 100% a scam, the owner of fastpizzapizza.com bid on his own domain name, or got a friend to do it for him to force it into auction at a high price

Just found more proof that the owner of fastpizzapizza.com is totally 100% a scammer: whois information for fastpizzapizza.com created 2nd April 2008

.net created 2nd April 2008 .org and other extensions created around the same time and the 6th of April 2008 to hedge his scam

Look at the write up the owner of fastpizzapizza.com has put in the auction: quote "Sedo has just sold pizza.com for over $2,000,000. Yes 2 million dollars! fastpizzapizza.com is 'now available'. Bid now to secure this valuable domain name."[/b]

I concur ... lots of "Pizza" related stuff going the rounds right now! :rolleyes:

If something is "hot", no doubt there will be folks with or into domain names - and I'm not talking about informed, experienced domain professionals such as here on #1 Namepros - that will quickly get on board and attempt to profit from such "hot news", in my experience.
This is a good example of bandwagon domaining! :blink:

PS. Since we're discussing the .net, the .info, and other "pizza" related items ... Pizza.mobi "sold" at a Traffic show one year ago ... for a reported $21,000, I believe. Whois listed Registrant Name: Moniker Privacy Services / Registrant Organization: Moniker Privacy Services, and Name Server: NS2.FREEREDIRECTION.NET
Name Server: NS1.FREEREDIRECTION.NET.
This means it (a prime generic/keyword) remains, most likely, not owned by a corporate End user, parked, and undeveloped and not promoted one year later! :guilty: :imho:

Just my two sense (and now I'm ... mmmm ... hungry)! :D
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
PS. Since we're discussing the .net, the .info, and other "pizza" related items ... Pizza.mobi "sold" at a Traffic show one year ago ... for a reported $21,000, I believe. Whois listed Registrant Name: Moniker Privacy Services / Registrant Organization: Moniker Privacy Services, and Name Server: NS2.FREEREDIRECTION.NET
Name Server: NS1.FREEREDIRECTION.NET.
This means it (a prime generic/keyword) remains, most likely, not owned by a corporate End user, parked, and undeveloped and not promoted one year later! :guilty: :imho:

LOL

I was wondering as to whether you were going to mention .mobi or not in this post.
When I read through, it made me laugh :D

•••
mrdomainman said:
LOL

I was wondering as to whether you were going to mention .mobi or not in this post.
When I read through, it made me laugh :D

I thought it germaine ... to the larger "pizza" discussion, IMHO. :) :talk:

I think we're all still waiting for confirmation of the .COM buyer, as well as the status of the auctions for both the .NET and .INFO, as well. :gl:
Thanks for the post!
-Jeff B-)

•••
Well I have deeppan.com and I am hoping to make some money on that.

•••
LoL.

bennyboy said:

Welcome to the bandwagon! ;) :snaphappy:
-Jeff B-)

•••
james2002 said:
I might go and register

pizzapizzapizzapizza.com

LOL.

Who thought there'd ever be a pizza domain name goldrush. Will be interested to see how much pizza.info eventually goes for. Currently standing at €12,500

All this talk is making me hungry.

•••
Oh, I've jumped on the bandwagon as well. *blushes*

I was minding me own business regging other names, when idle curiosity made me play about with pizza related ones. Like you do.

I ended up regging PizzaIt.net and JustPizza.info *sigh*

The devil made me do it! :D

•••
bertiewooster said:
I ended up regging PizzaIt.net and JustPizza.info *sigh*

The devil made me do it! :D
Quote: "The devil made me do it!"

I believe you may be right

•••
bennyboy said:

How is that related to pizza ? You mean like adding recipes.

•••
Charley said:
How is that related to pizza ? You mean like adding recipes.
Its like at Pizza Hut, they have deep pan (thick) pizza's or thin pizza's etc

But that doesn't give the domain name any value, the only pizza names that are going to have have any value is the name 'pizza' itself or hotpizza.com, pizzadelivery.com and maybe fastpizza.com and quickpizza.com on a lower level of name. After that anything else is going to be 'totally worthless' except maybe woodfiredpizza.com and woodfirepizza.com which would have some value

Last edited:
•••
Just because a category killer sells for huge dollars does not mean every single name with that keyword is worth anything. There is no pizza goldrush, any pizza names that are even close to being worth anything were registered a long time ago. This thread title makes me laugh and cry as much as the .asia showcase thread does.

Fortunatly, in this thread we don't see lists of hundreds of names that will be dropped next year.

•••
neobodhi said:
Fortunatly, in this thread we don't see lists of hundreds of names that will be dropped next year.
Yes, thank God for a low volume of 'pizza regs being posted', we see some names being regged in this thread but only a small handful compared to the .asia hand regging catastrophe

I think this quote from you is the golden quote of the day: "any pizza names that are even close to being worth anything were registered a long time ago"

Would rep you neobodhi, but it won't let me

Last edited:
•••
If anyone's interested, out off all the ccTLDs, the only "pizza" dot extention that I found that's available is Pizza.hn ;)

But personally, I wouldn't waste money regging this name.

Broker said:
Hmmm........ you guys are making me hungry. Think I'll order a pizza :kickass:

Can you send one to my house as well? Reading this thread has made me hungry for some pizza as well :)

•••
hmmmmmm....I might register pizzagoldrush.com :bingo:

lol...where's the next bandwagon, so I can get on early :tri:

•••
domainman101 said:
I saw pizza.net at tdnam is was around 4k this morning, has a reserve, interesting to see where it ends up. 10% of the .com would be $260K?

Why didn't the .net owner list it at Sedo ?? That's where the pizza.com losing bidders would be, Sedo could have informed them.

•••
Ok, so the 10% rule for pizza.com is out,,,, pizza.net is bid upto $575,000 on godaddy auctions. All I can say is wow about 20% of the .com sale...AND get this reserve has not been met, if i owned that 500K would be a sale, I don't know who is bidding or selling, but I wish this would spill over to the rest of the domain market.

•••
xxfireflyxx said:
lol...where's the next bandwagon, so I can get on early

When you figure that one out let me know...

•••
domainman101 said:
Ok, so the 10% rule for pizza.com is out,,,, pizza.net is bid upto $575,000 on godaddy auctions. All I can say is wow about 20% of the .com sale...AND get this reserve has not been met, if i owned that 500K would be a sale, I don't know who is bidding or selling, but I wish this would spill over to the rest of the domain market.

How much do you want to bet that the reserve will not be met. Until a sale is not made, I do not believe that those bids are real. Actually I am quite sure they are fake.

•••
30-MINUTEPIZZA.COM is available!
30MINPIZZA.COM is available!

and I thought I had missed out! LOL :D

•••
Alex said:
Actually I am quite sure they are fake.
I'm not as sure as you.... but I must admit I'm finding it a little difficult to believe myself.

www.Pizza.net - Check out the big banner ad playing off the success of the .COM sale. :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back