Status
Not open for further replies.

loser

Account Closed
Impact
The NamePros Rock Paper Scissors Championship - First prize: NP$1250

Quick link:
-------> Groups, schedule and rules. <-------

Welcome to the first ever NamePros Rock Paper Scissors Championship!

It's one of the most popular games of the world: Rock Paper Scissors. The rules are pretty simple. You choose one of the three weapons and hope that it beats the weapon of your opponent. Rock smashes scissors. Scissors cut paper. Paper covers rock.

A match in this tournament will consist of 11 rounds of throwing. The person who wins more rounds, wins the match. If there's a draw in a knock-out match, the match will be decided via sudden death (next winning round wins the match). The players have to sent me their moves via PM till the respective deadline.

The structure of the tournament will be probably like the World Cup finals with a group stage and a knock-out stage, but depends on the number of participants. If there are less than 8 participants, it'll be a round-robin-tournament. The structure will be posted after the end of registration. There'll be presumably 2 matches a week.

If you want to participate, post something like "count me in" in this thread, so I know how many people want to join the tournament. The registration will be open till Friday, March 28, 6PM EST. Registration has been closed

You don't have to pm me your moves yet, as there is no schedule yet, but it's possible. The first deadline will be announced after the registration has closed.

The winner of this tournament will be crowned NamePros Rock Paper Scissors Champion and will be awarded also the mind-blowing, overwhelming prize of NP$50.... NP$500... NP$750... NP$1000 ... NP$1250! (omg!) (thanks to the kind generosity of Etab, Trips O_o No Limit, vatsan and Irieman). The winner will get also a trophy icon for his profile! (Thanks to -RJ-)

If there are any questions: ask :)

Participants:

1. Etab *
2. -RJ- *
3. tekz999 *
4. Tivo *
5. -NC- *
6. like5 *
7. keverw
8. CStevens
9. xrvel *
10. Sam
11. Basement *
12. Malaysia
13. Lonely Designs *
14. Trips O_o No Limit *
15. notlikeyou *
16. lzy
17. Irieman *
18. dave9713
19. -Nick-
20. vatsan *
21. FGclips
22. Ronald Regging *
23. bfluid *
24. GF4444
25. Phaethon
26. mis_chiff *
27. ssamriga
28. kruwreka

* = Moves received for Match 1 (Deadline: Wednesday, April 2nd, 8 PM GMT)

Quick link:
-------> Groups, schedule and rules. <-------

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
loser said:
nah, NP$500 is too much... the players should play for the love of the game, and not for going pro ;) (unless of course you want to sponsor the additional NP$450 :p )

I want to be a sponsor too! B-) I'll throw in 250NP$.
Seems like a really fun competition.
Count me in!

•••
•••
Thank you, Trips O_o No Limit and -RJ-, for your support... I guess I'll have to spam all forums at NP to get 5 more participants.... ok, let's go...... just kidding. :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
If there is any room left I'll hop on board. :)

•••
•••
I am definitely in. Sounds like it will be fun :tu: Thanks to everyone who is donating to this, and thanks to loser for coordinating.

Cheers!

•••
Thank you, vatsan, for increasing the pot. :)

25 participants... :tu: that's more than I expected, but it should be no problem... .let's see if some more join till Friday.

•••
"count me in" Sounds like fun :D

•••
26 participants, sure looks good seeing (2+7)-1 equals the magic number 7.
OK, that was cheesy but let's get on with it.

Just PM 11 moves of yours (Rock, Paper Or Scissors) to "loser" and the contest starts.

•••
•••
27.... thanks to etab for sending me the money (i guess now is the right time to take all the money and run, run, run ;) )

Registration will close in about 27 hours...

•••
Basement said:
Just PM 11 moves of yours (Rock, Paper Or Scissors) to "loser" and the contest starts.

Can you please clarify? Just send a list of 11 moves in a row?

G

•••
GF4444 said:
Basement said:

G
Correct, just send him a list of 11 moves in a row. Check post #11 in this thread.

•••
I'll also add 250NP$ to the prize money. :)

•••
-RJ- said:
Correct, just send him a list of 11 moves in a row. Check post #11 in this thread.

Ok, I just sent him my 11 moves :D

I'm gonna win, I'm gonna win :p

Last edited:
•••
Just sent my 11 moves too. :)

•••
Thanks, Irieman :)

By the way: the next one asking if he won will be automatically disqualified ;)

j/k

GF4444 said:

G

Yep, just send me 11 moves for each deadline... you could also send the same moves for each match, but I guess your opponents would discover that ;)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back