Status
Not open for further replies.

loser

Account Closed
Impact
The NamePros Rock Paper Scissors Championship - First prize: NP$1250

Quick link:
-------> Groups, schedule and rules. <-------

Welcome to the first ever NamePros Rock Paper Scissors Championship!

It's one of the most popular games of the world: Rock Paper Scissors. The rules are pretty simple. You choose one of the three weapons and hope that it beats the weapon of your opponent. Rock smashes scissors. Scissors cut paper. Paper covers rock.

A match in this tournament will consist of 11 rounds of throwing. The person who wins more rounds, wins the match. If there's a draw in a knock-out match, the match will be decided via sudden death (next winning round wins the match). The players have to sent me their moves via PM till the respective deadline.

The structure of the tournament will be probably like the World Cup finals with a group stage and a knock-out stage, but depends on the number of participants. If there are less than 8 participants, it'll be a round-robin-tournament. The structure will be posted after the end of registration. There'll be presumably 2 matches a week.

If you want to participate, post something like "count me in" in this thread, so I know how many people want to join the tournament. The registration will be open till Friday, March 28, 6PM EST. Registration has been closed

You don't have to pm me your moves yet, as there is no schedule yet, but it's possible. The first deadline will be announced after the registration has closed.

The winner of this tournament will be crowned NamePros Rock Paper Scissors Champion and will be awarded also the mind-blowing, overwhelming prize of NP$50.... NP$500... NP$750... NP$1000 ... NP$1250! (omg!) (thanks to the kind generosity of Etab, Trips O_o No Limit, vatsan and Irieman). The winner will get also a trophy icon for his profile! (Thanks to -RJ-)

If there are any questions: ask :)

Participants:

1. Etab *
2. -RJ- *
3. tekz999 *
4. Tivo *
5. -NC- *
6. like5 *
7. keverw
8. CStevens
9. xrvel *
10. Sam
11. Basement *
12. Malaysia
13. Lonely Designs *
14. Trips O_o No Limit *
15. notlikeyou *
16. lzy
17. Irieman *
18. dave9713
19. -Nick-
20. vatsan *
21. FGclips
22. Ronald Regging *
23. bfluid *
24. GF4444
25. Phaethon
26. mis_chiff *
27. ssamriga
28. kruwreka

* = Moves received for Match 1 (Deadline: Wednesday, April 2nd, 8 PM GMT)

Quick link:
-------> Groups, schedule and rules. <-------

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
After a valiant match yesterday for Like5 to tie up the match we are about to learn who is taking the next step closer to the NP RPS Championship.

Match #3

Trips O_o No Limit . . . P R S P R S P S S S S . . . . 5
Like5/P-C . . . . . . . . . P S P P R P S P S P R . . . . 2

Trips O_o No Limit leads Like5/P-C 2-1 in the best of five match-up

Another well fought match. Trips has a chance to take the championship tomorrow and Like5 need a strong performance tomorrow to take it to the fifth and deciding match on Friday. Will we be crowning a champion tomorrow or bitting our fingernails in anticipation of a winner takes all match on Friday...

Stay tuned...

Deadline for the next batch of moves is 23 hours

--Kru

•••
My oh My....

Match #4

Trips O_o No Limit . . . P P P P S S S R R R R . . . . 3
Like5/P-C . . . . . . . . . P S R S P P S P P R P . . . . 5

Like5/P-C and Trips O_o No Limit are tied up at 2-2 in their best of five match-up

Like5/P-C puts on a strong performance to tie up the championship series at 2 games apiece. This sets up the final winner-take-all match #5 for Friday evening. Can it get any more exciting?

After months of battling we will finally crown a champion of the 1st NP RPS Tournament.

I wish both Trips and Like5 good luck and may the best player win.

--Kru

•••
•••
Looks like this could go either way. :snaphappy:

•••
Taking it to the wire :D

Good Luck to both contenders!

•••
Welcome all you good folks of NP.

Today we crown the champion of the 1st NP RPS Championship. I know you all have been waiting patiently so I will not drag it out any longer.

Match #5

Trips O_o No Limit. . . S S S S S S S S S S S . . . . 6
Like5/P-C. . . . . . . . . S P P R P P S R P P R . . . . 3

Congratulations Trips O_o No Limit! You are the 1st NP RPS Champion :kickass:

Trips O_o No Limit beats Like5/P-C by a score of 3-2

A mighty big thank you to both players for competing to the end and once more to all the players for an entertaining tournament all the way through.

--Kru

•••
:wave:
Nice win Trips O_o No Limit!
Congrats on being the 1st NP RPS Champion

and thank you kruweka for stepping in
and taking on this task :great:

•••
Congrats on your win, Trips O_o No Limit! :snaphappy:

I'd also like to thank kruweka for taking over this contest. B-)

•••
Good game Trips O_o No Limit Congrats :) thanks kruwreka for all your hard work on being the host of the game. kruwreka I'm sending you 50 np's.

•••
Thanks mis_chiff and Irieman and to everyone else for participating
to make this competition a lot of fun. P-C , you played very well and
it could not have been closer. I really did take a big risk going all
scissors in that last match. Would definitely look forward to any
rematch we might have in the future.
Awesome job kruwreka. You definitely helped to keep this going
and interesting. I'll do what P-C did and give a +rep and donation.
If it's OK with RJ I suggest we should have this tournament once
every 6 months. (once a year seems to long in the internet/domaining
world :) ) I would certainly play again. After all, I do have to defend
the championship title. :D :tu:

•••
Congrats, Trips! You were an excellent player. Great strategy all the way through. The championship trophy and prize money is on the way.

kruwreka, you did an awesome job picking up this competition and following through with it. Thank you very much. I have +rep and donation coming your way too.

RJ

•••
•••
Nice trophy! :gl:

Looks good on ya :)

•••
Thank you all for the rep and the np's.

I have a few quick thoughts...

1) The size of the field as it was is close to the max you should have for a round-robin tournament. If we had many more players a "March Madness" style single elimination tournament would most likely be the way to go.

2) I'm glad that a lot of people stayed in the round-robin part of the tournament even when they had little chance of advancing and made it fun for everyone else. When one of the players quit after the 1st match because he lost and didn't want to play anymore I thought this would be more of an epidemic.

3) I can't believe Tight-Aggressive managed to get to the semifinals playing the same moves from round 1 of the round-robin over and over. Hilarious and yet frustrating.

4) I don't know who will be running the next tournament (it might be me...who knows) but I do have a simple Excel file that I made and am willing to share. Just to make is simpler for the next host.

I had a lot of fun running the tournament. My job search has gone miserably and this kept me sane throughout.

Once again congrats to Trips and Like5/P-C to making it to the finals and Trips for coming away with the trophy.

-Kru

Last edited:
•••
mis_chiff said:
Nice trophy! :gl:

Looks good on ya :)

Thanks mis_chiff.
Took a walk with it through the NamePros community
just to see if anybody would notice. I'm flushed with
NP$ so I might have to go on a wild spending spree
here. B-)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back