NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just saw Elect.Me on eBay for $1MM

•••
Last edited:
•••
I just won Aromatherapy(dot)me at expiring auction for a cheap price.. I don't own any other .me domains but this one seemed good enough to go for..

Any thoughts please?

Last edited:
•••
Sold some premium .me names recently family.me and kredit.me -- expect family.me to be developed into a great site/app. Several substantial offers on other premium .me names, but I'm intent on developing. But you can develop only so many names well.

•••
i spend a lot of time in Thailand and been searching for some blogging/personal site/forum names for possible future use, not exactly for resell.. related to Thailand and "with a personal touch"

bought Samui.me for local forum but wanted some more

searched again a couple of days ago and was quite suprised farang.me was avail, took it, really like the name..

*if you've ever been to Thailand you should know what "farang" means, otherwise just disregard the post :)

**no appraisals needed please, just wanted to share :)

•••
i spend a lot of time in Thailand and been searching for some blogging/personal site/forum names for possible future use, not exactly for resell.. related to Thailand and "with a personal touch"

bought Samui.me for local forum but wanted some more

searched again a couple of days ago and was quite suprised farang.me was avail, took it, really like the name..

*if you've ever been to Thailand you should know what "farang" means, otherwise just disregard the post :)

Never been to Thailand but I'm aware of farang. This is a common word in Urdu and Persian languages for an European person. Even in Urdu and Farsi, it's derived from Arabic which again originated with Frank. فرنگ، فرنگی، افرنج

Last edited:
•••
Someone offered me $1,000 for glide.me, which I've been sitting on for 3 years with vague ideas of developing it. Anyone have any idea if the domain might be worth more than that? It seems like a really straightforward verb + .me, if not one that represents a high dollar industry.

•••
IMHO, take the money and run.

Someone offered me $1,000 for glide.me, which I've been sitting on for 3 years with vague ideas of developing it. Anyone have any idea if the domain might be worth more than that? It seems like a really straightforward verb + .me, if not one that represents a high dollar industry.

•••
What do you all think the value is of the following .me's?

Bottom
Built
FreeSample
Inter
Mattress
Once
Optimum
Pea
Scans
Tequilas
Toner

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••

I would sell that name as well. Especially since you've been sitting on it for three years.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Here are a couple of my .me domains:

213.me
Anniversaries.me
Caddy.me
GhostWriters.me
HeadStones.me
Infographic.me
LagunaHills.me
Minisites.me
Organization.me
Palmdale.me
PetUrns.me
Scams.me
Suitcase.me
ViralMarketing.me
Walnut.me
Zoos.me

Just renewed fruits.me today

•••
solipsist.me :)

"Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist" - Wikipedia

•••
Family.me has been reported to be sold for $10,000.

•••
Nice one!

Just got Compensation on this extension. Compensate would have been way better though.

•••
•••
Looks like it was a fellow NamePro member:

Nice sale :kickass:

Thanks. I didn't realise it was already reported by the owner himself. :sold:

•••
If you are not in immediate need of money, I would suggest doing some research before agreeing to the offer, we can certainly rule out domain resellers with the offer you received, who knows it might be glide floss company looking to buy which will fit the hack nicely.. :imho:

•••
Here is mine by far :)

freegame.me
mars.me
mobilepay.me
pim.me

Last edited:
•••
We agreed to $1,250. He already contacted me once several months ago, we didn't strike a deal then, and resurfaced recently. I'm not in dire need of cash right now, but I have no idea who he is. My only worry is that in 5 more years these names will all be worth 5 digits, especially with top level domains coming out for all sorts of major businesses, .me seems like it will have even more potential not less. I figure .com will become irrelevant at some point.

He appears to be a skilled negotiator.

Last edited:
•••
.me is a good material to make domain hack.

I have 2:

chk.me = check me

pkt.me = packet me

•••
.me is a good material to make domain hack.

I have 2:

chk.me = check me

pkt.me = packet me
I like to add my similar domains to this category
exp.me - experience me, experiment me etc etc
dop.me --i'll leave this to your imagination ..lol

•••
•••
Another great .me site, offersby.me has been reviewed by techcrunch.com.

•••
SELFISH.ME sells for 6k

see dnjournal

•••
Another cool .me site: pingram.me

•••
Concede me, senhor,
a graça de ser boa,
de ser o coração singelo que perdoa,
a solícita mão que espalha,
sem medidas,
estrelas pela noite escura
doutras vidas e tira d'alma
alheia o espinho que magoa

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back