Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can you read?
I'm talking about 6-figures value of non-.com domains (except strong ccTLDs, .DE for ex.).
meet.me is a PR/fake sale, no more, no less.

Last edited:
•••
Can you read?
I'm about 6-figures value of non-com domains.
meet.me is the PR/fake sale from Schwartz, no more, no less.

Bye.

Can you read? It's been gone over already why that kind of sale would occur. It's really not the complicated.

•••
.me - 0.6M domains
.com - 95M+
The difference around 160 times.

meet.me - $450K
Then answer.com - $72M??? (actual sale is $550K)

didnt get the math - what's your logic here?
you really believe average .com should cost 95M/0.6M times average .me just because there are more .coms in the universe??
how can you compare answer.com with meet.me based on the total number of .com/.me domains registered? lets get "true" VW price from the fact that there are lets say 100M VWs and 100K ferraris with $250K average price tag: (100M/100K)*$250,000 =~ $250,000,000 - what average VW shoud cost from your analysis

•••
They had meetme.com and liked meet.me better. Some of these companies/startups have the money for this sort of thing.

If you could look into a crystal ball and see future what would it be with these companies
and you know their intentions in the future,
this is simply matter...

I personally do not believe in supernatural powers.

You need to have peoples in such companies - insiders - who will say what can you buy for the future :hehe:

•••
Epilog

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/diana/8754372/Revealed-the-fake-sale-of-Princess-Dianas-ball-gowns.html

•••

Great, which has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. So your line of thinking is, there have been fake sales throughout history, therefore a great .me sale must be fake and probably any other great non .com sale as well.

It wouldn't be because meetme.com wanted meet.me and had the money to buy it and domainers willing to hold out for a price they wanted, when most domainers (me as well) would have sold it for xx,xxx.

One of those is the logical answer, the other some conspiracy theory, hater type stuff.

Actually, nevermind. Just read some of your past posts. Waste of time.

Last edited:
•••
I mean, if at one point the buyer was offering them 50 000$, they didn't accept??? Then the buyer offered them, let's say, 100 000$, they still said "no"??? For a domain they paid 5000$?

my not even know that he paid $5k for it. what do they care?

perhaps he could take one million dollars and walk away. :hehe:

•••
I would like to ask you what do you think about grass(.)me?

Do you think that domain is good for marijuana forum?

•••

you can take now : igrass.me

if you have fast fingers :lala:

•••
Sorry i don't understand your idea of "i grass me". What exactly you mean?

you can take now : igrass.me

if you have fast fingers :lala:

•••
Sorry i don't understand your idea of "i grass me". What exactly you mean?

like iOffice.me

can be iGrass.me

:hehe:

it's my first thought - internet grass- iGrass

probably :gl:

Last edited:
•••
$450K is nothing - after all it's about the price of hi-end sportcar...and meet.me is better than ferrari, no? :)

No.
Scuderia Forever!

And even better to start an offline business or to invest $450K in stocks.

Last edited:
•••
eTax.me
eGas.me
eMap.me
eCash.me

Regards,
Vitaliy

:wave:

•••
"This is factor number 1 to calculate value of the domain name."

Nah, I wonder if that's some old timer domainer think type stuff. Think that mainly comes from domainers that make money on parking. And that type of thing isn't what it used to be.

So under your thinking, .info, .us, .me, .anything that's not a .com is not worth anything because most type ins are on .coms.

I calculate the value on the market. Sales. Domains are virtual real estate. If you go to sell your house, one of the things you do to determine value is find out what the other houses in your neighborhood sold/are selling for. And that's what you kind of do with domains. Find related sales. Sales in that exact keyword in other extensions. Sales in that same extension in related keywords, etc. Just to get some kind of idea.
Sales history is another factor, but NOT #1.
Dating me $4,200 Dec 10 Sedo

my not even know that he paid $5k for it.
Meet me $5,890 Oct 08 Moniker/Traffic

Last edited:
•••

As a verb that means "report someone or something to the police" so no I don't see it being attractive for a user forum, no matter how high your hopes.

Sell it to law enforcement maybe if they want it.

•••
might be a better value for .me one fine day when they go on the - i.dnx.me :hehe:

•••
Recent Sedo Sales

archetypes.me $8K
mystory.me $7K
healthcare.me $2,049
exam.me $1,851
company.me $1,550
romance.me $1,550
reviews.me $1,150

Last edited:
•••
Recent Sedo sales

not depress me a list of these prices - in fact even some of the my domains I will register to the year 2020 - there will someone to buy them at this price - no hurry at all

:blink:

•••
Not action verbs

The first two are not action verbs, are not in the direction of meet.me.

Recent Sedo sales:

archetypes.me $8K
mystory.me $7K
healthcare.me $2,049
exam.me $1,851
company.me $1,550
romance.me $1,550
reviews.me $1,150

•••
meet.me is a new religion???

OK
You may trust in what you want, even in the mystic 6-figures "actionverbs.me".
In the same time minimum 95% of all .ME sales - under $10K, and most of them - under $2,500.

Regards,

Last edited:
•••
I won this names from the last sedo auction :tu:

HealthCare.me
Shoes.me
Exam.me
Company.me
Concert.me
Reviews.me
Server.me

•••

HealthCare.me
Shoes.me
Exam.me
Company.me
Concert.me
Reviews.me
Server.me

Congrats! Nice names :tu:

Regards,
Vitaliy

:wave:

•••
Picked up Univ and Texto .me.

•••
Good deals. I think you got some nice keywords there at some nice prices. Although they are not call-to-action, still some nice keywords.

HealthCare.me
Shoes.me
Exam.me
Company.me
Concert.me
Reviews.me
Server.me

•••
MortgageRates sold for $2,000

Already getting ready for the Feb auction, trying to figure out which ones I want to target. Will at least get one of them, hopefully more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back