IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Freshly I got 500 EUR offer for iOffice dot me.

I hope you took it. These types will earn you negative dollars in the long run. In the end it's your money...or maybe it's the registries :sold:

•••
•••
Why do you think so?

Because you're basically investing in a company that nobody knows about. Domainers know about it but then again, most domainers know that .me is a bad play.

I have nothing against the nickel and dime approach you're taking. If you want to realize bigger returns you'll invest in the best of the best :)

•••
Because you're basically investing in a company that nobody knows about. Domainers know about it but then again, most domainers know that .me is a bad play.

I have nothing against the nickel and dime approach you're taking. If you want to realize bigger returns you'll invest in the best of the best :)

Keith, thanks again for your advice, and for their friendly support :wave:

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Got Christmastime.me

next year should build some traffic if I start soon enough and do not sell it...

•••
I took a chance and got many premium .me names in 2008, at an investment of about $50 K. Also helped launch one of the most popular .me sites. My return so far has been over $150 K and I've received offers from giant companies for some of the more than 30 premium .me names I still have.

Of course, I still believe .com is king, and I love .org, but .me has been one of my best investments in the domain space.

•••
Bally.me
Repayment.me

Regards,
Vitaliy

Last edited:
•••
Just shows what smart investment in proper keywords in nice extensions can come to. Well done.

I took a chance and got many premium .me names in 2008, at an investment of about $50 K. Also helped launch one of the most popular .me sites. My return so far has been over $150 K and I've received offers from giant companies for some of the more than 30 premium .me names I still have.

Of course, I still believe .com is king, and I love .org, but .me has been one of my best investments in the domain space.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Hi Vitaliy,

I have to agree with what Keith said earlier. You might as well spend more money to get a better name. The principle holds for .com, to begin with, and gets stricter as we go down the line. The "Meet.me' sales don't happen very often and when they do, it is usually a great keyword/s that makes a lot of sense.

Bally.me
Repayment.me

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Hi Vitaliy,

I have to agree with what Keith said earlier. You might as well spend more money to get a better name. The principle holds for .com, to begin with, and gets stricter as we go down the line. The "Meet.me' sales don't happen very often and when they do, it is usually a great keyword/s that makes a lot of sense.

Hi John,
thanks for sharing experience. I'm also interested in tv, co, fm domains. What do you think about this areas? Is it advisable to spend money on them, or better to concentrate on com, net, org?

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
It all depends what you want to do. .com is the staple extension. I don't care much for .net. .org is for mostly non-commercial usage.
Personally, I like .com, .co, .de, .tv and .me. But you really need the better keywords for the ccTLDs. I wouldn't bother with .fm or the similar. Waste of money.

Hi John,
thanks for sharing experience. I'm also interested in tv, co, fm domains. What do you think about this areas? Is it advisable to spend money on them, or better to concentrate on com, net, org?

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
It all depends what you want to do. .com is the staple extension. I don't care much for .net. .org is for mostly non-commercial usage.
Personally, I like .com, .co, .de, .tv and .me. But you really need the better keywords for the ccTLDs. I wouldn't bother with .fm or the similar. Waste of money.

There is something to think about, thank you.

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Look at what sells and understand why. It's not rocket science but can take a while to grasp.

•••
Because you're basically investing in a company that nobody knows about. Domainers know about it but...

Hi Keith

When you say company here do you mean extension, registry, or the actual name of a company contained in a domain like apple.com?

I think most people give little thought to a registry. IMO it is only a matter of time before a registry goes bust, possibly for one of the new extensions. The .mobi registry came close, running up big losses and getting dumped by its backers.

But I'd be less worried about the .me registry since it is actually a country code for Montenegro. Montenegro is not an EU member state yet, but it is a candidate, which usually means trying to be above board in business.

Well, company names are potential trouble, we all know that, I hope. There is better stuff to buy and sell.

Non-domainers and non-big business seem open minded to me about unfamiliar extensions, except maybe .ru and .cn, and in this .me really wins out by being so memorable.

•••
Morning Folks!!

I have new site and mail for my business card

YouCanMail.Me

Can You ?

Yes (At) YouCanMail.Me

You already know why...

Have a GREAT Day!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
del

Last edited:
•••
My partner has sold recently MyStory.me for $7K.

MyStories.me is still for sale.

•••
Hi Keith

When you say company here do you mean extension, registry, or the actual name of a company contained in a domain like apple.com?

I think he means name of the company that the domain name contains. Since there is a limited demand, as it's not generic, it will carry less value.

•••
I think he means name of the company that the domain name contains. Since there is a limited demand, as it's not generic, it will carry less value.

I actually meant the .me domain space in general. "Company" was the wrong way to describe it.

•••
Meet.me sold for $450K, umeet.me become valuable?

I have some good .me names. my best is buywith.me I like it. :)

•••
$450K???
For what?
1 month elapsed and even redirect to meetme.com not works.
Another story from Schwartz for children.

Compare with answer.com sold for $550K recently.

•••
This is like a lottery, but with a higher percentage of winning.

Unless you have a remarkable item for sale.

Many times i waste my money and time on worthless domains.

:|

•••
I see google search results (meet.me)

Meet.me: Coming May 2012

meet.me sounds way better than meetme.com, and better than meet.com

•••
95-99% of the type-in traffic goes to meetme.com

So for what $450K???
100 years to return the money spent?

•••
I believe that the value of .me and i have a plan to Start a daily deal Business in uk, wich is buywith.me.
I think it's awesome and brandable Domain Name for this.

•••
We are talking about the realistic value.
NOT about fakes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back