NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have to expand your thinking. The verb and call to action is more domainer type thought that the extension is only good for that. Had that great meet.me sale. Geo's work great, even your basic generics, shopping terms. When people shop online or look for info, most of the time it's for themselves. Take a look at the last auction, what was one of the biggest sales? Flowers. Take a look at what other keywords sold in that auction, it runs the gamut. Besides meet.me another good sale this year was business.

I actually think the domainer type thought is that a great keyword works in any extension. I would venture a guess that 95% of the names in Sedo's last auctiion were bought by domainers.

We all have to place our bets but I think the end user money is in the verb/call to action .me names and the keyword .me names will be traded between domainers under the greater fool theory of investing.

•••
@Stingrae: I agree with your line of thinking.

•••
We all have to place our bets but I think the end user money is in the verb/call to action .me names and the keyword .me names will be traded between domainers under the greater fool theory of investing.

Goes back to what I posted earlier. Development/usage/end user, talking about keyword .me domains you think are just traded between domainers. If you're not seeing it, you're either not looking or paying attention. There have already been examples given throughout this thread.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Reged today:

LogoDesigner.me ... what you think? webconfs shows 2 years 11 months old

•••
Can someone please explain the ridiculous mess around hints.me on godaddy auctions? Those numbers are suspicious and must have been autogenerated. There is NO WAY that domain could have generated that much traffic. And like a heard of buffalo, people are bidding on it, without consideration of what to do with it, or its real value...

•••
Nov. 17, 2011

http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2011/dailyposts/20111117.htm

Good God....:guilty:

this sounds like science fiction and fantasy films. .:gl:

...That is great for Michael Berkens, but what he DOESN'T tell you is that he himself with his crew is connected with a network of potential HIGH-Paying contacts that the simple domainer doesn't have.

To think that he is like the average Joe is truly missing the point that money begets money and he has his list of clients that we can only dream about. No sour grapes here as he worked for it so kudos are afforded him. But do not deceive yourself in thinking you could have gotten the same amount of scratch if you had that name...you wouldn't even come close.

Last edited:
•••
But do not deceive yourself in thinking you could have gotten the same amount of scratch if you had that name...you wouldn't even come close.

Thats because all of us would most likely sell if a $10-$15k offer came in. It would take someone with deep pockets to reject an offer like that. On the other hand, you can't sell for half a million unless you ask for it :sold:

Sometimes you just have to realize that if you a domain, nobody else in the world can have it...unless they pay YOUR asking price!

•••
How the hell can you sell for 450 000$ a domain you paid 5000$?

I mean, if at one point the buyer was offering them 50 000$, they didn't accept??? Then the buyer offered them, let's say, 100 000$, they still said "no"??? For a domain they paid 5000$?

There are a couple of things I still don't understand in the domaining world.

•••
Maybe they went looking specifically for keywordme.com type domains knowing their was a possibility the .com holders would want keyword.me as well. And most of us, if we had that name, probably would have let it go with a xx,xxx offer, as has been mentioned.

•••
just sold one of my .me for 1k usd via sedo

•••
Hi everyone, I got 500 EUR offer for iOffice dot me on Sedo. I accepted offer, and sent domain to marketplace auction. Is this good price for this one, or I made mistake when I accepted this offer, what you think about?

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Thats because all of us nobody else in the world can have it...unless they pay YOUR asking price!

I share this opinion.

If you want to extract the true value of a domain the last thing you need to do is be in a hurry.

I'm even willing to wait several years to sell one.Me of my domains

there's no way to give up from xx.xxx soon.

I Don't Care if they could earn 100X after.

•••
if the whois is changed to markmonitor dns after transfer(guess it will sell at that!),
then it would be a mistake(in hindsight),otherwise it is the price you sold you .me,
sending a non generic to auction is futile 0.02
negotiations (counteroffer) would have been better option
Hi everyone, I got 500 EUR offer for iOffice dot me on Sedo. I accepted offer, and sent domain to marketplace auction. Is this good price for this one, or I made mistake when I accepted this offer, what you think about?

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Reged now:

LiVabLe.Me

and

LoVebLe.Me

:hearts:

... what do you think?

Last edited:
•••
Reged now:

LiVabLe.Me

and

LoVebLe.Me

:hearts:

... what do you think?

I prefere my lovable.me and loveable.me ones! But yours also fit well with the extension, good luck with them.

•••
Congratulations to those people holding nice .me domains. The market has been picking up. That's clear.

•••
if the whois is changed to markmonitor dns after transfer(guess it will sell at that!),
then it would be a mistake(in hindsight),otherwise it is the price you sold you .me,
sending a non generic to auction is futile 0.02
negotiations (counteroffer) would have been better option

Thank you for response, you think Microsoft can be buyer of my domain? If so, I will very upset because of the price :|

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••

Regards,
Vitaliy

From Googling, ioffice looks like a company, so maybe not any more bids.

Sometimes it's tough when getting an offer between countering and push to auction. Got one yesterday for low x,xxx, nice generic, 300,000+ exact match. Would pay for a lot of renewals. Right now I'm leaning push to auction and let the market decide. Somebody would get a great deal if nobody else bid. I'm thinking, I would have sold it too low but I have lots of other great .me's and again, would pay for many renewals. And maybe it gets bid up. So who knows.

•••
From Googling, ioffice looks like a company, so maybe not any more bids.

Sometimes it's tough when getting an offer between countering and push to auction. Got one yesterday for low x,xxx, nice generic, 300,000+ exact match. Would pay for a lot of renewals. Right now I'm leaning push to auction and let the market decide. Somebody would get a great deal if nobody else bid. I'm thinking, I would have sold it too low but I have lots of other great .me's and again, would pay for many renewals. And maybe it gets bid up. So who knows.

JB Lions, thank you for sharing experiences, you are right - let the market decides.

Regards,
Vitaliy

:wave:

•••
•••
NFC4.me :tu:

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
•••
eDesign.me

Regards,
Vitaliy

No offense but I'd stay away from these types. Your best chance for success is by obtaining the very best keywords possible. Have a look at the upcoming Sedo auction if you must invest in .me!

•••
No offense but I'd stay away from these types. Your best chance for success is by obtaining the very best keywords possible. Have a look at the upcoming Sedo auction if you must invest in .me!

Thanks for the tip, but I think "i" and "e" domains will be sell well. Freshly I got 500 EUR offer for iOffice dot me.

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back