NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It looks like a picked a bad time to sell a quad on Ebay.

OFDN > $73

It has to be renewed this week.......but still !!

•••
ouch! did you have the auction linked here? i don't recall seeing OFDN and avoid wading through all the domains that are falsely listed as .com let alone "LLLL" on ebay..... great deal for whoever bought it!

It looks like a picked a bad time to sell a quad on Ebay.

OFDN > $73

It has to be renewed this week.......but still !!

•••
Yes the link was in my sig. Oh well. You win some and you lose some. I'm just surprised nobody from here bid it up to at least $100.

I won't be selling quads on there anytime soon.

•••
well... not that it helps, but IF you had achieved the same price on sedo, minus the minimum $50, you would have netted only $23... even worse! maybe would have fared better on that venue, maybe not..... I still shake my head in disbelief/confusion at how some domains do so much better, and others worse, than expected/seems probable on various venues. But please send me a PM of quads etc you are looking to sell before sacrificing them on the ebay pyre, or at LEAST a link to the auctions! better luck next time...... SP

•••
Yes the link was in my sig. Oh well. You win some and you lose some. I'm just surprised nobody from here bid it up to at least $100.

I won't be selling quads on there anytime soon.

Watched it, but needed some sleep :( ... i though it would go higher ...

-

•••
4k for a low quality lll.com, or 40 quality llll.com for $100 each?

•••
I wanted to sell a quad on Ebay to see how the market would bite on it. I see some quads do well on there, but you never know who's watching on Ebay. I have a few more quads that I will be selling this month. I will be trying something different.

But please send me a PM of quads etc you are looking to sell before sacrificing them on the ebay pyre, or at LEAST a link to the auctions! better luck next time...... SP

•••
scene's not soo good on ebay Fantasy!!

•••
it CAN be good but i, as a buyer, don't like ebay for domain purchases because:

last second bids don't extend the auction like on other venues (ie giving me another chance to up my bid in increments until beating the high bidders top bid and hoping they are not watching the auction), forcing me to place my max bid up front and not be able to "read" any potentially redflag bidding from other parties

I imagine that shill bidding is a bit more rampant there since dang near everyone's family members/friends and their dog has an ebay account, whereas on sedo and other "domain only" venues it is more likely to be only domain investors and endusers (sure someone could create multiple accounts or ask friends/family to register there and place bids, but isn't as "convenient" as doing so on ebay imho)

filtering through all the erroneously categorized domains (ie SO MANY non-.coms are listed under the .com section etc) and misleading/vague titles.....

I think that ebay certainly has the user base to become a serious contender for domain auctions IF they structured it/regulated it better....... wonder if they will ever offer ebay-escrow?

scene's not soo good on ebay Fantasy!!

•••
•••
anybody catch what tois wound up selling for on sedo?

•••
•••
thanks, Gladdy.... krikey!! great sale.... anyone here's?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Nice, TIM! great sale..... does TOIS mean something in some language and/or did you inform a few endusers of the auction to reach such a price?

•••
Nice, TIM! great sale..... does TOIS mean something in some language and/or did you inform a few endusers of the auction to reach such a price?

Not that I know of.. It's just a good quality name I guess ;)
Maybe the buyer has got some plans for it.

•••
Times of India Syndication?

It's a Division of India's largest publishing company.

Or maybe not, nice sales there, congrats Tim!

•••
hmmm... would be a real surprise if they picked it up for such a price considering the .in isn't theirs/used, but it IS regged in numerous extensions and so more likely a savvy domain investor that did his/her homework scored it or some biz that could really use the letters got wind of the auction.... great sale in any event! I have been thinking of putting a few of my "better"/pronounceable (like i-n-o-p, s*a*p*h and G#o#i#a) quads on auction and, seeing the results for tois and a few others recently, am thinking they might do just fine.....

•••
All I can say is that a domainer / investor won it, seen him bid before.

•••
Monster thats some sale ;) did you do your end-user hw on it or it just happened?

•••
DNJournal.com Report:

yjhy.com $3,660 (Sedo)
Feni.com $3,000 (Latonas)
exxy.com $2,708 (Sedo)
txcs.com $2,440 (Sedo)
zofo.com $2,050 (Sedo)
jbww.com $2,000 (Sedo)
dodb.com $2,000 (Sedo)

•••
DNJournal.com Report:

yjhy.com $3,660 (Sedo)
Feni.com $3,000 (Latonas)
exxy.com $2,708 (Sedo)
txcs.com $2,440 (Sedo)
zofo.com $2,050 (Sedo)
jbww.com $2,000 (Sedo)
dodb.com $2,000 (Sedo)

SEDO has been doing it over and again!! dominates the world domain name selling industry IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back