IT.COM

Some 5L.com statistics

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Some (5L) LLLLL.com statistics

5lku2.gif

Here are some stats on 5L.com domains that I have compiled. I have seen a lot of people throwing different numbers around about what is left and how fast they are going so I figured this would add a little transparency and clear some things up for those who are interested.

The data is compiled from zone file scans so all domains that do not have nameservers are considered available. This means these numbers are not exact, and the number of registered domains is actually slightly higher for each category. From tests I've run less than 1% of registered domains do not have nameservers so the margin of error is very small, and the data is more than accurate enough for this purpose. To run a full scan on 11.8 million domains would take several days and be outdated by the time it completed (I am actually working on a way to get more accurate counts instantly with one of my upcoming projects).

Enjoy the data and let me know if you have any questions about it.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, it must be the triple I's, because I love my AIII and IIIT as well :)

I really find it hard to imagine how someone like me pays $3000+ for AIII and similar quad vowel triples and nobody (including me!) thinks to reg a few of these...

Some very undervalued names in the 5 letter space imho. As much as I love LLLL.coms, I find it very hard to listen to any argument suggesting YJQZ is better than OIIIE. Imho, it's not that garbage LLLL.coms are overpriced, it's that 5L.coms like OIIIE are ridiculously underpriced. Wait a couple years... That'll be a $100+ domain imho.

martinisky said:
Well Reece, i know you recently nailed AIII.com so i was hoping to get AIIIE.com which is almost as good (for a 5L.) but it was taken.... very happy with OIIIE though. it must be those triple I's looking like pillars or something. Still lots of good VVVVV's out there though.

•••
More

I also have:

SSSAE.COM
AAATR.COM
TTTAI.COM
AAANT.COM
RRRBE.COM
EEEAE.COM
EEAAI.COM
TITST.COM

Thanks
Frank

•••
well i went for it and just grabbed AIIIO.com as well. Now as far as i can tell there are no more VVVVV.coms with triple repeating letters available for hand regging.

feels good to buy the last one.

•••
I completely agree Reece, except I have been focusing more on pronounceables.

Something like my recently registered klozo.com is very similar to a CVCV since the "kl" makes a single sound. When you compare klozo.com to kozo.com there is not a whole lot of difference pronounceability-wise. Sure kozo is more likely to be an acronym for something since its shorter, but not really since it has a Z, so I would assume more people would buy kozo based on pronounceability, not acronym potential.

The fact that kozo could probably fetch ~5k on Sedo and I just picked up klozo at reg fee, I would say either the former is severely overpriced or the latter is underpriced, or perhaps some combination of the two.

Either way, if you can get some pronounceable 5L's and have the funds to hold them for a few years, I see a lot of upside.

Reece said:
Yeah, it must be the triple I's, because I love my AIII and IIIT as well :)

I really find it hard to imagine how someone like me pays $3000+ for AIII and similar quad vowel triples and nobody (including me!) thinks to reg a few of these...

Some very undervalued names in the 5 letter space imho. As much as I love LLLL.coms, I find it very hard to listen to any argument suggesting YJQZ is better than OIIIE. Imho, it's not that garbage LLLL.coms are overpriced, it's that 5L.coms like OIIIE are ridiculously underpriced. Wait a couple years... That'll be a $100+ domain imho.

•••
I second that and couldn't agree more. its just funny when you do the math, adding one more letter to make it a 5L adds about 11 million more possibilities thus making soooo many more chances for pronouncibility .... but nevertheless your point still holds very well IMO...i just think when the 5L market matures more the really strong pronounceables (like klozo.com) will be the cream of the crop vs. the slew of other pronounceable but less fluid names.

I also think prices will attach to names that have fewer syllables... and names that if you just heard someone say you could spell it.... my test for if i like a 5L is if i can say it aloud and someone can spell it without reading it for the most part.....

rpanella said:
I completely agree Reece, except I have been focusing more on pronounceables.

Something like my recently registered klozo.com is very similar to a CVCV since the "kl" makes a single sound. When you compare klozo.com to kozo.com there is not a whole lot of difference pronounceability-wise. Sure kozo is more likely to be an acronym for something since its shorter, but not really since it has a Z, so I would assume more people would buy kozo based on pronounceability, not acronym potential.

The fact that kozo could probably fetch ~5k on Sedo and I just picked up klozo at reg fee, I would say either the former is severely overpriced or the latter is underpriced, or perhaps some combination of the two.

Either way, if you can get some pronounceable 5L's and have the funds to hold them for a few years, I see a lot of upside.

•••
Agree 100% and that's the main reason I decided to allow 5L.coms from the very start on BQB -- one day the market is going to wake up and start buying these for a whole lot more than regfee :)

I don't know if the right time to invest is now, 1 year from now, or 2 years from now -- I usually get into buyouts right before something "takes off". Nevertheless, I don't think anyone buying today and holding for a couple years (eg. TCO ~ $20) is going to be anything but ecstatic with the returns they get. I'm going to take my chances and try to hold off a bit longer to see if I can increase that ROI even more, but 2-3 years from now, I really see names like klozo being $100+.

martinisky said:
I second that and couldn't agree more. its just funny when you do the math, adding one more letter to make it a 5L adds about 11 million more possibilities thus making soooo many more chances for pronouncibility .... but nevertheless your point still holds very well IMO...i just think when the 5L market matures more the really strong pronounceables (like klozo.com) will be the cream of the crop vs. the slew of other pronounceable but less fluid names.

I also think prices will attach to names that have fewer syllables... and names that if you just heard someone say you could spell it.... my test for if i like a 5L is if i can say it aloud and someone can spell it without reading it for the most part.....

•••
Hi,
What do you guys think about 5L's like aoaoi.com/iiooa.com/eioie.com/eeoaa.com/iiidi.com?
Which is the better?

Last edited:
•••
IMHO 5Ls are more for people looking in to brandable domains. But I can't wait for the inevitable buyout.

•••
martinisky said:
well i went for it and just grabbed AIIIO.com as well. Now as far as i can tell there are no more VVVVV.coms with triple repeating letters available for hand regging.

feels good to buy the last one.
Hmm there are some available VVVVV names with triple repeating V in the middle. > 5 names.

•••
hmmm maybe i missed those.... do they have a U though? i was talking all premium vowels..... maybe still i might have missed a few on the list.... anyway thou they'll get scooped up soon by someone.... thanks

xrvel said:
Hmm there are some available VVVVV names with triple repeating V in the middle. > 5 names.

•••
martinisky said:
hmmm maybe i missed those.... do they have a U though? i was talking all premium vowels..... maybe still i might have missed a few on the list.... anyway thou they'll get scooped up soon by someone.... thanks
Yes all of them have "u" somewhere on the name :)

•••
There are any new statistics? Any change?

•••
Yes I was also wondering if you had had time to run up some more 5l.com statistic's.

thanks for your time

•••
just reg

Tiiro.com 24k+ google results.

•••
I have updated the original post with an up to date chart. Things seemed to have slowed a bit as has been seen across the domain market as a whole, overall no big changes to report though.

DANIDOMINIOS said:
There are any new statistics? Any change?
nutzdaddy said:
Yes I was also wondering if you had had time to run up some more 5l.com statistic's.

thanks for your time

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back