Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i mean its two separate conversations.. are there end users for good marijuana domains: yes.

are there "full countries" where weed is perfectly legal: no. so far we've named one.

countries is plural blahahahahaha

•••
All this talk of Korea and Pot made me think of this..

[ame="http://www.myspace.com/video/nick/pot-noodle-hignfy/4337453"]Object moved[/ame]

Cannabis makes a very brief appearance..

•••
are there "full countries" where weed is perfectly legal: no. so far we've named one.

countries is plural blahahahahaha

was it Portugal?...

•••
was it Portugal?...
No. Portugal has decriminalized all drugs with administrative vs punitive process for possession.

This is the path the US "should" have taken imho vs legalization.

•••
Actually, this thread makes me think of this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZehV_eYtR8"]Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf (w/ lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

•••
was it Portugal?...

oh, im not implying to know of another one.. if somebody knows another one name it.

not talking about decriminalized or tolerated... cause cops arnt exactly arresting pot smokers in my neighborhood either, but technically this is still the USA.. technically.

•••
learned something interesting today. Seems big Mexican dealers are finding it much easier to smuggle dope into Puerto Rico and fly shipments directly into the States with no problems since PR is a US territory and flights into the US from there are like flying from state to state.

Last edited:
•••
Mota is also a Mexican term for marijuana

•••
I've been getting more offers than usual on mine lately. And occasionally my phone rings and it's some guy who did a whois lookup...wouldn't ya know the caller id displays "Northern California." Seeing that just makes me chuckle.

•••
More offers than usual? People are calling you so often you laugh during the caller id portion. You must have marijuana.com, or some alike valued domain. Wish I had your portfolio. Lol

Please, which one did they call for?

I've been getting more offers than usual on mine lately. And occasionally my phone rings and it's some guy who did a whois lookup...wouldn't ya know the caller id displays "Northern California." Seeing that just makes me chuckle.

•••

More offers than usual? People are calling you so often you laugh during the caller id portion. You must have marijuana.com, or some alike valued domain. Wish I had your portfolio. Lol

Please, which one did they call for?

I'm curious, too. Unless it's a category-killer, I really don't understand how you could have an entity so interested in your pot domain that they'd actually call you.

•••
•••

Any comments on it?

The main driver for this is Jared Polis attempt to legalize marijuana at a Federal level to solve Colorado the current headache it has. I don't think it's quite the turning point yet - this was the easiest approach to solving the current problem. When it fails, 11 co-sponsors, we'll see how Colorado DOES solve their headache... that'll be far more interesting as it will provide a roadmap for future states.

As for renaming the ATF the ATMF? That's a joke too far, imho.

•••
Weed could be classified a tobacco, just not of the Marlboro variety

As for renaming the ATF the ATMF? That's a joke too far, imho.

•••
Weed could be classified a tobacco, just not of the Marlboro variety

Weed could be classified as oregano just not of the cooking kind?!?!

•••
Exactly.

Now you're thinking like the US Government!

Weed could be classified as oregano just not of the cooking kind?!?!

•••
•••
Not sure what issues they are having in Colorado. Here in Washington State our new Governor went to DC three days after taking office to consult with the Attorney General about legalization. The impression I am getting is that if the supply chain is controlled so none escapes to other states from farm to store then the Feds will not interfere and we will have legal state owned marijuana stores by the end of this year.

A pipe dream, indeed, and a dreadfully long time coming.

But it is all about money for the state budget. The numbers are so big, that is the only reason they care. Ending hypocrisy and restoring freedom - those were not part of the discussion AFAIK.

•••
checking domain sales at dnjournal.com the domain name
thebestmarijuana dot com sold at namejet for 2700$
created 2002

•••
•••
•••
checking domain sales at dnjournal.com the domain name
thebestmarijuana dot com sold at namejet for 2700$
created 2002

just goes to show the good ones are long gone and now people are fighting over scraps, i suggest if you must have a 'marijuana' based name buy one in the aftermarket ....quality over quantity

:wave:

•••
....quality over quantity

:wave:

1 oz quality is legal.
2 oz of crap is illegal.

Should apply the same logic to domains, I suppose.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I have found a site with some top Cannabis/marijuana/pot domains for sale -

http://www.marijuanadomains.com/

Im sure the guy comes on here - abcproductions ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back