Dynadot

question Seeking Advice: Newbie in Need of Domain Name Help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Skyislimit

Established Member
Impact
Hey everyone,

I'm a newcomer trying to find the perfect .com domain name, but I'm hitting a roadblock.

It seems like every name I come up with is already taken. Are there any specific websites or strategies you recommend for finding available domain names to purchase?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help. 😊

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It seems like every name I come up with is already taken.
HI

that's what happens when you're late to the party.
all the cake and ice cream is gone... nothing left but scraps and alternative extensions.

there are some who post lists of available names here on the forum or maybe you could save a few dollars and purchase in aftermarket.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
GO SLOW when starting out...spend hours reading and learning here before investing too much.

It's hard to do well with a hand reg...seek out auction names or look for deals here until you learn what is hot or not. This biz is a marathon, not a race.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Try finding an expired domain name here:
https://www.expireddomains.net/

You'll probably find something using this tool.
It would also be beneficial to check into its past use to try to rule out it being used for spam in the past.

•••
Upvote 0
A hand reg may not be the best idea as a beginner. It's good to do A LOT of reading, and see what makes a successful domain for resale (and I presume you are looking for the 'perfect domain' to resell and not for any other purposes).
There are a lot of available names to purchase. Just look at all the listings on this site, afternic, dan etc. Then there are the branded market places and expired domains site. The problem is not domains for sale, it's finding ones that will sell at a profit, and despite all the beginners posts and other advice that you can read online, no-one can really help with that, or do that for you. You just have to keep looking, bite the bullet and buy, and dont buy loads as a beginner.

•••
Upvote 0
HI

that's what happens when you're late to the party.
all the cake and ice cream is gone... nothing left but scraps and alternative extensions.
Not necessarily true.

You only know, what you know, when you know it.

I'm ok with entering the domain market in 2023.

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Are there any specific websites or strategies you recommend for finding available domain names to purchase?
Take your personal experience and think of business names. eg A farmer knows whats crucial to crop or livestock survival. chickencoop.com, hereditaryseeds.com, ect

•••
Upvote 0
This was said by Albert Einstein, but not many know that he received the chest of Mihai Eminescu poet after he died.
Experience is the hardest way to learn, because it gives you the test first and the lesson afterward. Imagination is the easiest way to learn, because it gives you the lesson first and the test afterward. Thinking is somewhere in between, as it gives you the lesson and the test at the same time.

•••
Upvote 0
I would read alot of domaining blogs to see what sells.

My first hand reg was cuddle(((it))) and I sold it for $200 via emailing stuffed animal sites.

My domaining went downhill from there :p due to the confidence.

But yeah you should definitely research then find something

•••
Upvote 0
Not necessarily true.

You only know, what you know, when you know it.
Hi

the delusional and those who think they know,
cuz somebody told them so -
in reality...
really don't even know - nothing, about the somebody who told them what they think they now know,
when they are talking about something now.

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
You forgot to mention the most important thing, What is it for?

•••
Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

I'm a newcomer trying to find the perfect .com domain name, but I'm hitting a roadblock.

It seems like every name I come up with is already taken. Are there any specific websites or strategies you recommend for finding available domain names to purchase?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help. 😊

We can help you if you tell us what the domain is for. You can also open up a contest on Squadhelp or BrandBucket and they will help you name your company. You can choose one of the domains avail for hand reg.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back