NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

Top Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sold a domain on sedo this week

after reading this thread I marked my parked domains not for sale because i did not want to comit to high commisions.However i received a unsolicited offer for info domain that was parked elsewhere.Must have been listed somehow from a while ago.Anyway got offer of $100.so i told truth have to pay 50 commish,,can you help?..buyer countered with 125$ then 150 .so i sold it.I noticed that buyer was in eu and remember dollar is at all time low.SO I assume exchange rate is making things easier.

•••
I sold a domain two weeks ago on Sedo, and the buyer has initiated a transfer. How long dose this normally take? My register is Godaddy, don't know what theirs is. Seems to be a long time IMO.

Here is a good quiz for anyone, what is Sedos telephone number? The one i have on the emails answers in German and tells me to add two or three numbers in front of the 7 numbers, but it's already 11 numbers? STRANGE.

Dose Sedo actually have a telephone line?

IM serious? because they sure dont answer emails!

And dont answer the threads here.

Very strange way to do business IMO.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I sold a domain two weeks ago on Sedo, and the buyer has initiated a transfer. How long dose this normally take? My register is Godaddy, don't know what theirs is. Seems to be a long time IMO.

Here is a good quiz for anyone, what is Sedos telephone number? The one i have on the emails answers in German and tells me to add two or three numbers in front of the 7 numbers, but it's already 11 numbers? STRANGE.

Dose Sedo actually have a telephone line?

IM serious? because they sure dont answer emails!

And dont answer the threads here.

Very strange way to do business IMO.

nothing strange :) they just don't care for customers :D

•••
nothing strange :) they just don't care for customers :D

Im not sure people actually work there at all!

Anyway, it appears that the SEDO robot has awoken and has got the process moving now, im just waiting for the MONEY now. :bah:

•••
Thanks for the info you shared.

•••
this really needs to be discussed sedo! you bought parking panel out, where is the money that is owed by former parking panel customers and were in good standing with them and now were with sedo.

none of the stats came over

i had met the 50 dollar mark and i think we have all been very patient in this.

http://www.namepros.com/legal-issues-and-disputes/586352-8-000-us-dollars-stolen-domainers.html

we look forward to an answer on this...you guys run a good auction house, do the right thing and fix this

thanks

•••
Sedo

I have some DN that I want to auction off at Sedo.com. What the best way to get my DN notice on Sedo, and how do I set up a auction so the buyer MAKE OFFER? Thank you

•••
I will set a domain at sedo for taking offer, but no fixed price. Then i willhave aoffer for 60$. Then i start auction & it sells for 150$.

How much fee i have to pay total?

•••
I will set a domain at sedo for taking offer, but no fixed price. Then i willhave aoffer for 60$. Then i start auction & it sells for 150$.

How much fee i have to pay total?

$50 fee to Sedo so you get $100

•••
•••
$15 would be in case he listed that domain for a fixed price of $150 and park with sedo.

•••
Sedo needs to realize that they have to subsdize the smaller deals in order to
Keep their dominance and get the big deals. I get many weekly offers for the min
$60 offer price on domains minus comm. TEN DOLLARS 6OR ME? No thanks!

Thing is if you are a end user and stumble upon sedo offer page,
And it says min offer is $60, most likely you are going to try to
Offer lowball amount. We sellers look greedy, as buyers are unaware of
Fees we pay out of sale proceeds. Tdnam, afternic, private escrow offers
Will increase. Sedo please rethink this policy.

•••
He pay $15 if domain is previously parked more than 32 days at sedo or fixed price,
in other cases $50
$15 would be in case he listed that domain for a fixed price of $150 and park with sedo.

•••
He pay $15 if domain is previously parked more than 32 days at sedo or fixed price,
in other cases $50

I think it must be with fixed price as they say on sedo:
"Important: The minimum commission fee for domains with the above extensions may be waived if the domain is parked with Sedo AND listed with a Fixed Price. This waiver applies to most countries. The minimum commission for .tel domains cannot be waived as .tel domains cannot be parked."

•••
Belive me, if your domain is parked more than 32 days at sedo then you pay 10% fee only.
I sold many domains after Sedo implemented new payment rules, so I know what iam telling.

I think it must be with fixed price as they say on sedo:
"Important: The minimum commission fee for domains with the above extensions may be waived if the domain is parked with Sedo AND listed with a Fixed Price. This waiver applies to most countries. The minimum commission for .tel domains cannot be waived as .tel domains cannot be parked."

•••
Belive me, if your domain is parked more than 32 days at sedo then you pay 10% fee only.
I sold many domains after Sedo implemented new payment rules, so I know what iam telling.

That's good, but I had the opposite encounter. I had domain parked for 6+ months and received offer of like $75 and I would only get $25, and right now I received offer of 100€ and domain is parked since August and guess what?
Sell Domain at the agreed price: 100 EUR

Sales Price: 100 EUR
Less Sedo Fees: -50 EUR
Amount to be paid: 50 EUR

That's not the right way to do a business imo. I would gladly accept some offers that I receive in high $xx - low $xxx, but now that would barely cover the renewal fees. At least they should increase minimum offer to like $200-$300.

•••
What is the best way to get minimum offer on sedo, domains tend to not get attention even though they are good ?

•••
I don't understand at all how it works

I'm selling now the domain name at Sedo - there was a fixed price 200 euros, the domain was parked at Sedo for 5 months. Now in my Transfer center there is:

Sale Price: 200 EUR
Sedo's Commission: 50 EUR
Net amount to be credited: 150 EUR

It's 50 euros but not 10%. So what are the rules?

•••
I don't understand at all how it works

I'm selling now the domain name at Sedo - there was a fixed price 200 euros, the domain was parked at Sedo for 5 months. Now in my Transfer center there is:

Sale Price: 200 EUR
Sedo's Commission: 50 EUR
Net amount to be credited: 150 EUR

It's 50 euros but not 10%. So what are the rules?

That is very weird indeed, if you had it priced with fixed price AND parked it should be 20 EUR commision according to their new policy. I don't understand it.

•••
That is very weird indeed, if you had it priced with fixed price AND parked it should be 20 EUR commision according to their new policy. I don't understand it.

It's strange for me also, I've already sent a message to my transfer agent. We'll see what would be the answer.

•••
It's strange for me also, I've already sent a message to my transfer agent. We'll see what would be the answer.
Keep us updated as I'm very curious what will reply be :)

•••
Sedo is the only place in the world where a Dollar = a Pound = a Euro.

Note to self - when making an offer at Sedo be sure that it is in Dollars.

------------------

This pressure on domain sellers to move to fixed price (that is what it is) is part of the set up for their super secret new marketing efforts to be unveiled sometime in 2010. You cannot sell domains as merchandise through registrars unless you have a fixed price and direct access to the domain for transfer. I suspect the plan will be similar to Afternic, look for higher commissions for "greater" exposure, probably the higher commission will be in effect even when you opt into the plan yet the domain sold through existing channels. .

Sedo wants us to put as low a price as possible on domains so they sell quickly. Fixed price means many will set a price then forget to raise it when the market rises = another sale for Sedo. Buy-and-hold investing is not in their interest, except PPC domains.

•••
Looks like the sedo reps have gave up answering our questions here...disappointing :rolleyes:

•••
I have not been with Sedo long but found their support really good on any questions I asked. I think some of their people must be busy testing new web designs. I've had a parked page change about 5 times in 4 days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back