Dynadot

Rick Schwartz's Forecast for Traffic Silicon Valley & The Industry at Large

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
DN Journal's latest monthly newsletter features a conversation with Rick Schwartz that reveals what is in store for the upcoming T.R.A.F.F.I.C. conference in Silicon Valley as well as Schwartz's views on the future of domain monetization, live auctions & the domain industry itself.

http://www.dnjournal.com/newsletters/2009/march.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bottom line, we will focus on the bottom line and making more money and new ways to make that money.

Classic. This coming from a guy that hasn't changed his strategy in nearly a decade. He doesn't like to resell his domains, he doesn't develop them, and he really doesn't seem to buy much these days.

His biggest contribution has been TRAFFIC and he makes his money hyping the show and taking the cuts and that rather exhoborant fee ($2000) for attending.

Is he even a domainer anymore? More like a circus master imho.

•••
I think Rick has been great for the industry and I read his blog all the time.
However, I can't justify going to Traffic anymore at that cost. I will stick to DomainFest every year and maybe another conference if I want to vacation.

Thanks, Jim

•••
That's why I like him. Entertainment. Bold summations. Gleaming preditictions. Swath statements. Charisma.

Me or Rick? :)

•••
Seabass said:
Schwartz, in his usual style, said a lot but really said nothing...
He's the best at doing that.

THE BEST!!

:laugh:

Last edited:
•••
That's marketing in a nutshell! ;)

•••
CrazyTech said:
That's marketing in a nutshell! ;)

Agree.....it is all about BS marketing

The wheels that make the most noise get the attention $$$

•••
Moniker sent this out for Silicon Valley submissions:
Submit up to 250 of your very best domains. They should be the "rock stars" of your portfolio.
Important: No typos, trademarks, hyphenated or crude adult names will be accepted for the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Silicon Valley Auction.

So what gives with BirthdayPartys.net ? Not only has it been accepted, but it's on their Featured Inventory page!!:
http://domainauctions.moniker.com/details?id=199

I'm using the broad sense of 'typo' of course (which I assume Moniker would too):
Though the term "typo" excludes errors of ignorance, it is common to find it used as a euphemism to describe instances of poor spelling, punctuation, or grammar, such as accidentally typing a homophone.
- Wikipedia

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back