.tv Report .TV Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
If you made a .tv sale in 2008 report it here if you can.

No comments

Just report sales, nothing else because it gets too long and all over the place.

Min $100

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Scandinavia - $1500
Dsign - $200

•••
State.tv

state.tv sold through Sedo. $4500

•••
•••
•••
baja.tv sold for 20.000 euro

source: http://www.allthings.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=118768#post118768

hopefully this deal will make the top sales of 2011 chart: baja.tv was just sold to a London developer for 20,000 euro (just over 25k usd) they will launch an innovative entertainment channel in 2012. nice boost to the .tv sales community, cheers and happy new year!

PeloChino :great:

Baja.tv - $1052

I had not planned on selling this domain for this amount. I believe it is worth much more and I had recently turned down a higher offer. I had development plans so I wasn't real motivated to let it go.

I was approached by a documentary filmmaker that I was familiar with, J. Michael Seyfert. His documentaries focus on the exploitation of people and the environment (Rent a Rasta, Bye Bye Havana, etc.). His new project focuses on Baja and he was determined to use the domain Baja.tv. We established a dialogue and he filled me in on his project plans and I agreed Baja.tv would be a great name for it. I liked him and I liked what he was doing and he convinced me that he just didn't have the budget to buy this domain for what we both agreed it was worth (I might just be a sucker?).

I liked the idea that the site would go under immediate development and his plans were to have a full site up within a month. A well developed .tv site and my respect for his work gave me incentive to take less than I had hoped for. So he agreed to let me clean out his paypal account for $1052 and I sold him the domain.

Look for a Baja.tv site sighting soon...

•••
I don't understand, Markhers sold Baja.tv for $1052 or $20,000?

•••
•••
The former. This is re-sale.

Good reason not to sell at a price you're not comfortable with, irrespective of what the buyer wants it for, at least imho.

The development probably added value.

But the differential will probably make the seller want to kick himself, unless he's getting a part of the action, which I very much doubt from his post.

•••
•••
I sold Baja.tv for $1k a few months back - I wrote about in on my blog today:

http://www.dots.us/223/baja-tv-sells-for-25k-and-i-love-domains/
Interesting read and it takes character to post this. It's impossible to predict the future and in all honesty, I would have sold baja.tv for $1,000 as well and most of us here too I think.
Furthermore, almost every serious domainer has stories like this. It's simply not possible, and not a nice thing to hope for as well, to sell names and hope they will never be sold again for a profit.

Good luck with your other and better names like tube, rockstar and survival.tv!!

Last edited:
•••
It's impossible to predict the future and in all honesty, I would have sold baja.tv for $1,000 as well and most of us here too I think.

I wouldn't have....I would have sold at $750[ :-P/SIZE]

But seriously. It's a great blog post. Markhers is a top stand up guy in my book... but I already thought that.

•••
•••
[/COLOR]I just sold Thrive.tv for $750.. Got it on backorder last week at name.com

Congrats! These type of flips show who has the experience...

•••
Congrats! These type of flips show who has the experience...

Thanks mate.. Thrive movie (Thrivemovement.com) needed a new url IMO, so I had them in my sights and didnt get greedy. I told them to make an offer under $1,000 and was very happy they got the name. They are very happy with the name and as a huge supporter of their film, Im also very happy...

•••
Thanks for all the kind words and nice job on Thrive.tv. Personally I wouldn't have sold it for less than $752 - I know I posted on my blog Baja.tv sold for $1k but if you look at the original post the actual sale price was $1052. I wouldn't sell a good name like that for only $1050, ha...

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Thanks mate.. Thrive movie (Thrivemovement.com) needed a new url IMO, so I had them in my sights and didnt get greedy. I told them to make an offer under $1,000 and was very happy they got the name. They are very happy with the name and as a huge supporter of their film, Im also very happy...

And also I want to say very nice job on Gold.biz. I know this is the .tv post but I still need to say that. You are an inspiration to domainers. I am really excited to see how this Sedo Gold.biz auction does - I think it is a really, REALLY great domain name and like Keith said these type of flips really show who has the experience. I hope and think Gold.biz has the potential to go crazy. I am going to mention the auction in a blog post before it ends unless domainshane.com points it out first...

:gn:

•••
Thanks for all the kind words and nice job on Thrive.tv. Personally I wouldn't have sold it for less than $752 - I know I posted on my blog Baja.tv sold for $1k but if you look at the original post the actual sale price was $1052. I wouldn't sell a good name like that for only $1050, ha...

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

And also I want to say very nice job on Gold.biz. I know this is the .tv post but I still need to say that. You are an inspiration to domainers. I am really excited to see how this Sedo Gold.biz auction does - I think it is a really, REALLY great domain name and like Keith said these type of flips really show who has the experience. I hope and think Gold.biz has the potential to go crazy. I am going to mention the auction in a blog post before it ends unless domainshane.com points it out first...

:gn:

Thank you very much. That is nice of you to say, although as we know luck plays an important part in this biz.

I bought gold.biz on the 2nd of September, so Im happy to have a nice bid start to go to auction with.. It was over 1 month of negotiations to get that bid and I think its a SUPER CHEAP start and I hope to get some more interest a day or so after New Year.

I really do believe its a 100k plus name to the right buyer. Gold.asia went for $46,000, so surely it must get close or beat that.. We will see in 6 days anyway.

To keep things on topic somewhat, Gold.tv and Silver.tv are not for sale for love or money and all the other main extensions are not for sale. Gold.biz is a one off thats for sure.

Thanks again for the kind words markhers. :)

•••
I recently sold arts dot tv for $5300 (cant check exact amount right now, not sure if it was 5250 or 5350, my main computer just died) through sedo (not sure if it was reported, I didnt have much time for forum last months).

•••
Congrats Matthep it was reported on DN Journal, and DomainSales.tv and Allthings.tv.

•••
•••
Forex.tv for 24k (dnjournal.com) - Superb Jeff, Huge Congrats!

Thankyou! Good luck on your auction ending soon.

I am not on here much anymore but happy to see a lot more sales are happening in .tv. Congrats to everyone here on there sales

•••
MyMotor.tv - $400

Yesterday I sold a .tv, .biz, .me and .net. I feel so worldly, ha...

MyMotor.tv
3dPrinting.biz
Pops.me
Nukes.net

I thought to edit this post and add the names even though it's the .tv post I thought people might want to see what these other extension domains were. And add a shameless plug:

Everyday I post on my blog at dots.us domains that expired that day and are still available. I also make a list of those domains that are still available and have an Estibot.com/Valuate.com appraisal value of $1k or more. Many of these I list I think are nice domains and really should get myself but I just can't get every domain - can I? Hurry check the list before I decide to register them all, lol...

And also at domains.dot.us you can see my list of sold domains and for sale domains - check it out.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
yeah I know its not a sale or a .tv. Was just following the conversation.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Tutors.tv sold for $1510 SEDO

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back