Dynadot

question Registrars currently handling .AF domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SuperDudePro

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a registrar that is currently handling registrations and transfers of .AF domains? The two that I have used, Gandi and 101domains aren't taking new transfers or registrations at the moment. Some registrar must be taking them tho because I see that some dropped domains are being picked up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good evening.

Just had a very quick look and found the following:

.AF is the country code domain extension (ccTLD) for Afghanistan, a landlocked country in Asia. The country's most well known products are carpets, described as Afghans. Works of art, and if you're prepared to haggle, you'll get a bargain. The .AF domain extension is operated by the registry platform CoCCa and can be registered by anyone for a minimum one year period.

This was found at the 'Eurodns'

$100 per year so quite expensive and I think you have to pay to transfer ( maybe check this out further )

Good luck with your quest.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
•••
dec.af

b936b3188601b9376c72ed358dac45d8.gif

•••
Have you tried Marcaria?

Note that, there is a reason why registrars have stopped supporting the extension. I wouldn't invest in that zone for reselling honestly as everyone I have asked told me more or less the same thing: too much trouble in the area.

Going after the traffic of such domains is another story however as you can take advantage of it as much as it lasts.

•••
Thanks to everyone who replied.

I can't get dec.af to resolve, but I'll keep checking on it.
Regery.com looks good and the prices are reasonable.

As I said, I've been using Gandi, which is slightly under $50 per year and 101Domains, which is $99 first year and $114 after that. Both still handle the domains that are already registered in .AF, but they won't take new ones. Gandi quit taking new registrations before 101Domains, so that is why I have a few at the higher priced registrar.

I understand why registrars are avoiding the area until things stabilize, but the extension has been and still is, great for me.

In the last couple of years, I've sold k/u/s/h b/a/d and a couple more 4 letter words that are either in process or in payment plans. Once they clear completely, I'll give more information. But I've sold those 4 domains for a total of over $20,000, I only have about 10 at any given time, so the sell through rate is phenomenal.

It isn't about the Afghanistan markets at all, it's about the extension. .AF.

I noticed that starting a couple of years ago, mainstream magazines and even newspapers started referring to AF as in As Fuck. So even though it refers to fuck, they are still willing to print AF. I'm Hungry AF. I'm High AF. I'm Bad AF. So nearly everyone who is young enough and tech savvy knows that AF means As Fuck. There is a limited number of adjectives that go well with As Fuck, but the ones that go well go very well. They are instantly memorable and catchy, especially in 5 or less letters in addition to AF. The cost does make it hard to speculate, so I have to make sure that it is something that I'm fairly certain will sell within a few years. Domain for domain, it is my most successful extension.

Thanks again for the input, please add any registrars that you know handle .AF.

•••
Pamirwebhost .com , a division of Pamiralpha.com ICT
(The registry nic.af still remain -as is)

Regards

•••
Pamirwebhost .com , a division of Pamiralpha.com ICT
(The registry nic.af still remain -as is)

Regards

Turns out this seems to be a great option! I tried one out to see how it went. $30/year and everything was pretty much exactly the same and same efficiency as any of the other registrars I've used. Thanks for the info!

•••
How long does it take for a domain registration to finalise?

I tried Pamirwebhost on a domain I had in my sights for some time now, it's been a few hours already, and domain still hasn't been registered.

•••
How long does it take for a domain registration to finalise?

I tried Pamirwebhost on a domain I had in my sights for some time now, it's been a few hours already, and domain still hasn't been registered.
It took a few hours for me when I bought a dot.af domain today. That was also typical of the other registrars that I used for dot.af in the past. You'll get an email from cocca as the last step. When I saw that email, then I tried the domain name to see if the name servers had updated and they had been updated to Dan.

•••
It seems I made a mistake and missed a digit in my contacts' page. That's the reason for the waiting.

I have to say however,
pray that you don't have to contact support.

I've been trying to make them understand why the registration failed and that I have now rectified the error but all communication fails.

How hard is it to understand: 'phone number corrected, please restart the process' even with Google translate?

•••

As I said, I've been using Gandi, which is slightly under $50 per year and 101Domains, which is $99 first year and $114 after that. Both still handle the domains that are already registered in .AF, but they won't take new ones. Gandi quit taking new registrations before 101Domains, so that is why I have a few at the higher priced registrar.

I understand why registrars are avoiding the area until things stabilize, but the extension has been and still is, great for me.

In the last couple of years, I've sold k/u/s/h b/a/d and a couple more 4 letter words that are either in process or in payment plans. Once they clear completely, I'll give more information. But I've sold those 4 domains for a total of over $20,000, I only have about 10 at any given time, so the sell through rate is phenomenal.

I noticed that starting a couple of years ago, mainstream magazines and even newspapers started referring to AF as in As Fuck. So even though it refers to fuck, they are still willing to print AF. I'm Hungry AF. I'm High AF. I'm Bad AF. So nearly everyone who is young enough and tech savvy knows that AF means As Fuck. There is a limited number of adjectives that go well with As Fuck, but the ones that go well go very well. They are instantly memorable and catchy, especially in 5 or less letters in addition to AF. The cost does make it hard to speculate, so I have to make sure that it is something that I'm fairly certain will sell within a few years. Domain for domain, it is my most successful extension.

Hi

Pleased to hear you have had success with selling these!

I have a couple of the .af domains, for the same reason as you suggest :xf.wink:
Where is the best place to sell them? I gather go daddy is good but unfortunately they do not deal with .af domains :(

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back