Dynadot

Regfly.com is Kevin Medina

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Folks, I've been rather quiet lately. For those of you who don't know, my name is Justin and I'm webmaster of the former Registerflies.com.

First allow me to apologize for taking the site offline. Something went wrong with the code during a horrible HostNine experience and after the GoDaddy buy out and the ICANN notice, I didn't see the need to pursue the battle any longer. At this point, things have changed.

There has been some confusion as to what's gone on with Registerfly and now the rebranding into Regfly with the support of Tucows etc etc.

Allow me to be brief. I'm reopening Registerflies.com. There are some issues with the current code but it is going to open for good. The site was a mess but with a little work, it can be cleaned up and brought back to being functional.

Regfly is Kevin Medina
Contrary to what some of you have been told, Regfly.com, RWS, HostFlex.com are all Kevin Medina. Kevin Medina and Robert Oneill are working together and reselling domain names through Tucows now and Tucows is supporting these known criminals.

Nothing has changed. They continue to lie cheat and steal. Kevin has made no point to issue any response to allegations against him... nothing.

So, Registerflies.com must stay open and must continue on. ICANN and the law do nothing unless they are pushed. People should not do business with Registerfly under any circumstance whatsoever.

I wanted this to be brief, feel free to respond but I have work to do. There's a lot of information that has been gathered and records of where stolen domain names have gone to. I'm going to make this information as public as possible while trying to protect the rights of the original Registrants.

The cold hard facts are ICANN is not going to bite, the law doesn't care and the criminals are still free to conduct business as usual. The only way this can be stopped is by the community and we will be heard. Enough is enough!

Thanks for listening and I will let you all know when Registerflies.com is back up and live.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks Justin for keeping us informed all these years.
I've visited your site a lot in those days.

•••
TT said:
Just my 2 cents

everyone in this business knows about the registerfly fiasco by now...

they would be lucky to house a few thousand domains even under rebranding...

i also remember the registerflies website, which during its run was a wealth of information ( for those that cared )

My only concern is that with these new revelations it "appears" to me that the OP may have a vendetta against Kevin Medina. Now I am not trying to protect this slug but it sounds like an ex after the relationship is over and the other partner gets involved with a new girl that the jilted ex will continue for other reasons that are not relevant because they cant move on.

Take it for what its worth, the regly, registerfly whatever fly they want to call it is DEAD nobody in thier right mind would buy a coffee let alone online property from any fly offering anything for sale. So to the OP I say let it die just like you did before, I know google ads and page views are valuable but to continue to post about Kevin is time not well spent.

We all know he is a scumbag , lying thief , we have all moved on and so should you I for one will never be re-visiting this saga nor registerflies again.

TT

Thats probably because the actual problems with registerfly was because of two ex-partners squabbling. Gay partners no less. So you can imagine the squabbling was/is exX10. Most of the information that was being fed to registerflies.com was via jilted lover.

•••
Thanks and one thing

Don't assume everyone knows that regfly sucks. Plenty of new domainers entering the game everyday. Even if they only rope in a few folks thats sucks.

Whats funny is that those dumb$#Ses still have that typo on their website. How hard is it to spell included???

•••
Thank you all for the kind words and the encouragement. For some reason I had not been notified of responses to this thread so I wanted to take a moment to say thank you.
Most of the information that was being fed to registerflies.com was via jilted lover.
While some of the information has been delivered by the ex-partner, much of it also comes from employees, co-workers as well as others. There's also more information that remains undisclosed from a number of resources outside of anyone who works within the company. Also, the door has always been open for Kevin to respond to any or all of this. Silence in this case has not exactly been his friend.

Let me also state that I have nothing against any one of these individuals. I couldn't even begin to imagine walking in the shoes of Kevin Medina. On a personal level, there are no qualms however, on a business level Registerfly has proven not to be a good thing and many of us were effected by poor business decisions and Kevin has not only chosen to remain silent, but to reopen another site and go back to what he was doing previously. Is this going to lead to a disaster in the end? Not exactly sure but if it were me, I'd first want to clear some things up with those I had hurt before going on to do it again.

Based on the attitude within the chats, (and Bob is Kevin), it really doesn't seem like much has changed. It's a sad thing to see a company self destruct for any reason... especially a company that could have eventually risen to compete with GoDaddy... of course GoDaddy is another issue altogether.

Either way, the back breaker in all these cases has been ICANN. They provide the checks but not the balances and it simply doesn't work that way. ICANN alone has enabled companies like Registerfly to break the rules, rip-off customers and then continue on like nothing happened. Kevin claimed to have owned Registerfly wholly, Kevin should be in jail for what he did, not leaning on Tucows to get him back in action. Furthermore, Mike Zupke of ICANN shouldn't even be in ICANN any longer. Much of what happened to the Registerfly customers can be pinned on Zupke... yet we are still paying his wages.

ICANN is up for contract renewal within the next year-and-a-half and I have been in contact with certain officials that have requested certain documentation regarding the Registerfly debacle as well as information on how ICANN has handled it. That's about all I can disclose at this time.

We need some fresh blood in the organization or we need to put an organization in it's place that will not only write the policy but also enforce the policies as needed.

So, I'll keep everyone up to date and do my best not to take sides. The enemy here is not Kevin Medina, it's the people and companies that have enabled Kevin and Registerfly and Regfly.com to continue doing what they've done.

Peace!

Last edited:
•••
schnitzeldorf said:
Thank you all for the kind words and the encouragement. For some reason I had not been notified of responses to this thread so I wanted to take a moment to say thank you.

:hi:

Did you subscribe to this thread?

You do it under THREAD TOOLS at the top of the page.

That might help.

Patrick

•••
Hi I don't know all these big stories previous.
I had registered lot of domains @ Registerfly.com & All of a sudden they were moved to godaddy!!

But I like the older days of registerfly where I registered .net domains @ 2.99$, .info @ 0.99$ and some times .com @5.99 or even less. They issued discount codes every 2 weeks & made me to register lot of names. Happy they are back to business. But I'm waiting for them to release discount codes.. Correct me if I'm wrong.

•••
greatwebss said:
Happy they are back to business. But I'm waiting for them to release discount codes.. Correct me if I'm wrong.
It looks like you missed the whole story :rolleyes:
You should search the forum for 'registerfly'

•••
greatwebss said:
I had registered lot of domains @ Registerfly.com & All of a sudden they were moved to godaddy!!

But I like the older days of registerfly where I registered .net domains @ 2.99$, .info @ 0.99$ and some times .com @5.99 or even less. They issued discount codes every 2 weeks & made me to register lot of names. Happy they are back to business. But I'm waiting for them to release discount codes.. Correct me if I'm wrong.
This is a perfect example of why RegisterFly needs to be shut down permanently.

•••
greatwebss said:

/sarcasm
:hehe:

•••
greatwebss said:

What are those old sayings ,Ah yes I remember now.
A Sucker born every Minute.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Do NOT even consider using RegFly.com for any new Purchases
If you need discount Codes to afford to buy names , than you can't afford to be Ripped OFF.

Do search on namepros to locate Current Discount codes for other registrars or resellers.
If you can't find any PM me and I will find some for you ,just don't use RegFLY.com

Last edited:
•••
Barefoottech said:
What are those old sayings ,Ah yes I remember now.
A Sucker born every Minute.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Do NOT even consider using RegFly.com for any new Purchases
If you need discount Codes to afford to buy names , than you can't afford to be Ripped OFF.

Do search on namepros to locate Current Discount codes for other registrars or resellers.
If you can't find any PM me and I will find some for you ,just don't use RegFLY.com
I have several UGLY threads about my personal experiences with RF, I lost a few sweet names (xxx and x,xxx range) during the debacle, and know other members that lost 100's each.

I have called them everything from thugs to punks, I still have screenshots and emails of deleted support tickets, paid transactions that never went through and no refund, unasked for privacy that included NS changes... all kinds of crap... so my advice to ANYONE wanting to save some $ on the coupons/specials... the grief aint worth it, period.

GRRRR, now I'm >:( thinking about them again.

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
I have several UGLY threads about my personal experiences with RF, I lost a few sweet names (xxx and x,xxx range) during the debacle, and know other members that lost 100's each.
I lost quite a few domains worth around $10-$20 each and I got pissed enough. If I would've lost domains worth over $1-2K, they would've had to take both me and Medina to the hospital... to surgically remove my foot from his @$$.

•••
briman1970 said:
I lost quite a few domains worth around $10-$20 each and I got pissed enough. If I would've lost domains worth over $1-2K, they would've had to take both me and Medina to the hospital... to surgically remove my foot from his @$$.
He might have enjoyed that... :hehe:

oooops, did I say that out loud?

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
oooops, did I say that out loud?
:lol:

In all seriousness though, I'm really surprised that the guy is still walking around. Losing gobs of money due to the actions of another can do strange things to certain people. Are there no wackos in this industry?

•••
How about some evidence?

Dutchleader said:
thanks Justin for keeping us informed all these years.
I've visited your site a lot in those days.

Not a problem. I'm about to inform everyone of a whole lot more. I've noticed their page ranking going up and I've acquired some information that may help those who have lost domains.

I've recently received a package that nearly blew me away and since the lawsuit has no legs, ICANN is doing nothing (as usual) and these people continue to try to rip people off, now with the help of Tucows and ShareASale.com, I'm thinking it's an appropriate time to give the general public enough information to form a real class-action with some real attorneys.

If there's an attorney out there who may have been on the fence due to lack of real evidence... Not any more! :bingo:

This evidence was to be used for the Class Action originally but since it never got off the ground, I would imagine one of the ex-employees thought it be best if this evidence was sent to me. I'm speaking with my legal counselor about this now so watch for the updates on Registerflies!

.... it's going to get real interesting from here on out!

Last edited:
•••
All eyes on you...

<subscribe>

-Allan :gl:

schnitzeldorf said:
Thanks fellas. Proof, yes I have more proof than they want to see...

Lawsuit has as much teeth as ICANN. I believe it's over. Spoke with Clark Dummit several days ago and he said he wasn't handling the case in his office but the attorney who is would call me. Nothing has happened. I honestly think it was a major waste of time.

•••
I'm subscribed, just very busy. Spoke with an attorney today and it's going to be a couple weeks before this can move forward. I will keep everyone up to date.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Has Medina threatened a defamation suit against you yet? I'm not saying he would win, but there is an inherent possibility he could bring suit against you and then you would be forced to prove that your allegations against Medina are correct. As Pacino once said, it's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

I also haven't heard anything else lately about the class action against RF.

I just spoke with him via telephone. (dont ask how I Got his number I'm special) Anyways He insists Kevin Is not apart of this at all and hasn't spoke to him in over a month. He also said "I will not ever be a Icann Register again as that has caused me nothing but trouble" When asked if 3 or so years down the line I cann has new staff if he would consiter becoming Ican accreddited again.

He seems like a nice and reaonsable person. Maybe you guys are going alittle hard on him. After all Reg Fly dose have the best interface (atleast in my oppion)

He much to my surprized answered all my questions (our chat lasted a good half an hour mostlikely more)

•••
JamesIsCool said:
He seems like a nice and reaonsable person. Maybe you guys are going alittle hard on him. After all Reg Fly dose have the best interface (atleast in my oppion)

He much to my surprized answered all my questions (our chat lasted a good half an hour mostlikely more)

Kevin Medina is in fact behind Registerfly and that has been verified. Robert Oneil was an $11.00 an employee that was fired by Kevin because Robert was threatening to sue Kevin for not paying wages. Kevin has used Robert now to open Regfly under a fictitious name of Retail Web Solutions. Tucows had also verified Kevin Medina's involvement as well.

If you go and look at the chats, Bob said he hadn't talked to Kevin in over 6 months, then here you talk to him and now it's only been a month. Robert is just a pawn that Kevin is playing chess with. You may have actually spoke to Robert but understand the Kevin is there, is the one behind Regfly. Robert was basically an indigent employee when he joined Registerfly last Feb.

So if you like nice interfaces, then I'd certainly use Regfly.com to buy names. If you actually want your names, then I'd use someone else.

... Side note? What the heck happened to Namepros.com? I don't know who Rick Latona is but the guy looks to be very proud of himself. His name is splattered all over here. Geesh, some of these people and their egos, this is getting ridiculous. This site looks tacky now.

•••
Here's a very recent Email:

I am quite perplexed on what to do next. Registerfly.com was my registar for my websites. I paid them $42 to renew my websites, which I have now learned, are owned by enom.com.

Woe to me. There is some smirking blond on my webpage I do not know, my emails are gods know where, and my money is gone, gone, gone. We have emailed, written support tickets- talk about a worthless effort- and given it one effort after another until now my "account" is blocked for being "risk".

What do I do to get my websites back???? One website is named for my band, for gods's sakes, and the other is MY NAME! How can they do this and get away with it? And what do I do next? This O'Neill guy is a straight up crook, it would seem, and I just want my websites back!

Got any ideas? Can I trust enom.com to just go over there and re-register my own websites?
So, next time you talk to Robert O'Neil, Please tell him to respond to support questions.

Understand one thing. Registerfly and Regfly, Kevin Medina and Robert Oneil are NOT conducting legitimate business, not now, not in the past and that is also not their intention. There are complaints rolling into Registerflies daily about new and recent transactions. These guys are using the traffic to get new customers to take to the cleaners.

Ask yourself this... If you were Kevin Medina and literally got away with more than a million dollars of cash and then an unknown amount in stolen domains... and got away with it easily with no criminal charges, well why wouldn't you do it again? If there's no penalties other than a bad name which they already have, then why not monetize the existing traffic to rip of even more customers?

As much that has been lost in both money, websites, domains and income from the victims of Registerfly, it amazes me that Kevin still has two legs to stand on. What amazes me even more is that they are back in business and up to the same thing.

Last edited:
•••
Ok here is a question for those with Remaining Balance at Regfly...

Recently there was a transaction called "BALANCE TRANSFER PER AGREEMENT" of my balance in my account. I am trying to figure out where it went and have sent Refly a support question. It was not refunded to my card.

Anyone else have similar experience. This "Balance Transfer" happened in early March.

•••
DNProperty.com said:
Ok here is a question for those with Remaining Balance at Regfly...

Recently there was a transaction called "BALANCE TRANSFER PER AGREEMENT" of my balance in my account. I am trying to figure out where it went and have sent Refly a support question. It was not refunded to my card.

Anyone else have similar experience. This "Balance Transfer" happened in early March.

I asked robert this and he said that his company will honor money in your account (he helped me access them myself as the system wouldn't let me) He just wouldn't allow us to get the money out if it ws before he owned the company as he said it was included in part of the bankrupcy hearing.

•••
I registred 11 domains 2 weeks ago with regfly.com, they took my money but the domains are still not registred :( What can i do? I'm going to ask to my credit card to give me back the money because this "company" never gave me what I bought.

That's amazing that in 2008, a website like this can still go on. I dont know what can i do, but I'm disgusted....A lot of messages and no answer....amazing....

•••
internetdiffusion said:
I registred 11 domains 2 weeks ago with regfly.com, they took my money but the domains are still not registred :( What can i do? I'm going to ask to my credit card to give me back the money because this "company" never gave me what I bought.

That's amazing that in 2008, a website like this can still go on. I dont know what can i do, but I'm disgusted....A lot of messages and no answer....amazing....
Try to register those domain names if they're still available. This will be but 1
rare time I'll also suggest you do a chargeback.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back