PayPal bets big on non .com domain

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium gTLD

Established Member
Impact
This may be old news, but I just noticed a ".me" domain from PayPal. This is the message that now appears after sending payment via PayPal:

New! PayPal.Me, the link to getting paid
Want to get paid fast as well? Share your PayPal.Me link with anyone so they can send money to your PayPal account in seconds.

What a novel concept! Branding to both sides of the dot? Maybe PayPal is on to something here!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Like it!

That is a well personalized business use of the extension.

•••
yes, great news, an idea was also to secure a great paypal.me/BRANDABLENAME :) so it will be perfect to show it to your customers..

•••
I think they did it because of the ever expanding phone and tablet use to make purchases.
I got mine a while ago. Most first names went straight away (including mine) so I got the next best thing PayPal.me/ToRalph
You link this to your existing PayPal account.
So if anybody wants to try it out and send me some money, that's fine (LOL)

Regards

Ralph.

•••
This may be old news, but I just noticed a ".me" domain from PayPal. This is the message that now appears after sending payment via PayPal:

New! PayPal.Me, the link to getting paid
Want to get paid fast as well? Share your PayPal.Me link with anyone so they can send money to your PayPal account in seconds.

What a novel concept! Branding to both sides of the dot? Maybe PayPal is on to something here!

Little late, about 2 months. I would use the search function here to save the mods work in combining threads:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/paypal-launches-new-branded-site-on-paypal-me.877643/

http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/01/pa...using-your-own-personalized-url/#.ig9hcb:DjgW

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back