Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
vbigdeli said:
Yes..add your own CJ link at custom content.

OK, thank you vbigdeli!

I put a CJ affiliate link on one of my low visited pages about a month ago and was wondering if it was still allowed. I will now experiment with putting some CJ links on some of my higher click through rate pages to test them out!

Sumbini

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
You mean that without arbitrage that most of you guys are only making less than $10 a day? .

Not to sound heartless or anything, but that makes me feel a little better about my portfolio in a twisted sort of way. :red: Now my 1 to 2 bucks a day doesn't seem all that bad.

Since arb is out of the question, people obviously need new traffic avenues. We should all be brainstorming along those lines. Here is my suggestion:

Submissions to article sites that point back to our parked domains.

Been thinking about trying it but not sure of the feasibility of that model. My thinking is that instead of having custom content on the parked domain, pull it out, make it into an article, have it point back to the parked domain, submit it like everywhere, and sit back and see what happens.

Anyone have any experience with that or want to suggest other possible traffic methods?

EDIT: It occurred to me just now that the article method I described above may be against TOS? Not sure.

Last edited:
•••
Best traffic methods?

Great SEO on your domain (developed useful and unique)
Great domain name: typein traffic
Dropped, aged, multi backlink domain

All 3 of this kinds require:
1)lot of work
2)lot of money
combination of 1 and 2
:hehe:

PS: is your breath getting any better? :yell:

Last edited:
•••
thetruman said:
Best traffic methods?

1)lot of work
2)lot of money
combination of 1 and 2

Yes, well, all that sounds fine and dandy, but how does that help our current lousy portfolios? :] Plus I am talking better parking traffic not better developed traffic.

Ha! Yeah, now that I got good responses in that other thread, my breath is almost minty fresh, thanks! Even better, there are a couple of people who have shown interest in my LLLL domains. :tu:

•••
DADomains said:
Yes, well, all that sounds fine and dandy, but how does that help our current lousy portfolios? :] Plus I am talking better parking traffic not better developed traffic.

Unfortunately the above is the truth: if you have handregged domains parking it just doesn t work (90% of my domain have age or back link or bought on secondary market...)

DADomains said:
Ha! Yeah, now that I got good responses in that other thread, my breath is almost minty fresh, thanks! Even better, there are a couple of people who have shown interest in my LLLL domains. :tu:

Good to know , best of luck with them! :)

•••
thetruman said:
Best traffic methods?

1)lot of work
2)lot of money
combination of 1 and 2

The part about the money is simply not true. I just bought a $10 domain at TDNAM that is doing about $1 everyday. I have done this many times in the $10 to $50 purchase range. Although, many only might make .25 or .50 cents a day.

You get 100 of these type domains and you are now in business. It can be done.

•••
sure thing...a domain with many backlinks probably aged unnoticed (point 3)...my point was that you don t get traffic with handregged domains (unless dropped and not picked up that is very unlikely)

•••
Seabass said:
The part about the money is simply not true. I just bought a $10 domain at TDNAM that is doing about $1 everyday. I have done this many times in the $10 to $50 purchase range. Although, many only might make .25 or .50 cents a day.

You get 100 of these type domains and you are now in business. It can be done.

Are you saying that kind of income is purely from parking these sites? Dude, you so have my attention. Now I know I am asking for trade secrets here and disclosing them might give you some competition, but...

How do you go about finding domains like this?

I am assuming you look up the existence of backlinks on domains that are for sale? Anything else? Gut feeling mojo, what?

(Dammit, I am doing it again. Hijacking yet another thread... :notme: )

Last edited:
•••
DADomains said:
Are you saying that kind of income is purely from parking these sites? Dude, you so have my attention. Now I know I am asking for trade secrets here and disclosing them might give you some competition, but...

I am assuming you look up the existence of backlinks on domains that are for sale? Anything else? Gut feeling mojo, what?

You're not Dadomains! :)
This thread is meant for ALL of us to learn and help each other succeed in the Parking business! :tu:

•••
thetruman said:
sure thing...a domain with many backlinks probably aged unnoticed (point 3)...my point was that you don t get traffic with handregged domains (unless dropped and not picked up that is very unlikely)

Just regged hentaialbum dot com. It's a fresh reg and gets 3-4 uniques a day. :P

•••
SDX said:
You're not Dadomains! :)
This thread is meant for ALL of us to learn and help each other succeed in the Parking business! :tu:

Thanks! But I was just thinking that my last questions were not about Parked.com per se. Maybe I should just PM Seabass and beg, bribe, or extort him to spill the beans. :hehe:

mrizos said:
Just regged hentaialbum dot com. It's a fresh reg and gets 3-4 uniques a day. :P

Careful though, I heard that the traffic a newly regged name gets is sort of fickle. Still, good luck with it. It sounds like a great buy.

Last edited:
•••
Lastest payment for arbi people :hehe:

Anyone received Parked PayPal payment?

Last edited:
•••
mrizos said:

you have taste for domain mrizos. This is a nice one
Hand regged can work in case is a brandnew keyword rich domain (as I imagine is hentai album) . Maybe I have been a little too radical before... anyway those nice finding take usually LOADS OF WORK (and luck)

•••
DADomains said:

DaDomains, I spilled my guts on page 173, post #4301 on how I do it. It may have been more than most folks wanted to read as my post was so long. But it is there if you want to give it a try. :)

thetruman said:

I buy only domains that have never been used in any fashion 99.99% of the time, so no backlinks or history are part of the equation.

This is the key to never losing your traffic and knowing where you stand. :$:

mrizos said:

Absolutely you can still hand-reg domains and find winners. Congrat's on that one.

You can get higher ROI this way too then running up auction tabs. It is just a whole lot more work finding those diamonds in all that sand. That is, unless you are looking in foreign languages. :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
Has anyone gotten paid from Parked yet? Usually by this time in the day I've gotten a.... " Dear David Crutcher,
We are pleased to let you know that we will send you the following
partner income payment:
Username: PoorBoy
Domain Income: $111,008.58 :)

I've usually got that by 3 hours ago.

•••
I got mine..2 hours delay on payment :)

•••
DnPresident said:
Has anyone gotten paid from Parked yet? Usually by this time in the day I've gotten a.... " Dear David Crutcher,
We are pleased to let you know that we will send you the following
partner income payment:
Username: PoorBoy
Domain Income: $111,008.58 :)

I've usually got that by 3 hours ago.

i got paid today, thanks parked

•••
Just received it

Just received that thanks here's some dough email.

I didn't do arb so I'm not going to have a complete emotional meltdown when I look at the numbers.

Anyone who did arb should carry a do not disturb sign around their neck all weekend!!!!

•••
looong thread - I have scanned back through quickly and have 3 comments:

1. is it only arbitragers who are experiencing parked drop? (mine are pretty level at parked - although noticed namedrive may have gone up ..)

2. i read your big handreg post seabass - experience shows here - but what happened to domain tasting?

(don't laugh at 2. i have an old portfolio and do not hand reg any more much - i know google fiddle with something re: kiting but not sure what)

3. as a web entrepreneur 1st , domainer 2nd I am very interested in the alternatives to parking - no-one can disagree that domain parking sucks (not for domainers of course) - but this is not the place for that discussion - anyone know where is?

(i do not get any work done since joining this forum ...)

•••
vbigdeli said:
I got mine..2 hours delay on payment :)

My heart dropped when you said that, I looked in my paypal account and it was there, shoooowee.

For some reason I didn't get the email from Parked...I didn't get the email about stopping any paid traffic that others got until I requested it. If it weren't for NP I wouldn't have known about it.

•••
DnPresident said:
I requested it. If it weren't for NP I wouldn't have known about it.

link is in the news part of your parked account in the top right, been there since the no arbi email was sent. so all should know about no arbi

•••
DnPresident said:
My heart dropped when you said that, I looked in my paypal account and it was there, shoooowee.

For some reason I didn't get the email from Parked...I didn't get the email about stopping any paid traffic that others got until I requested it. If it weren't for NP I wouldn't have known about it.
I got the e-mail from PayPal first and an hour later from Parked.

GIL :)

•••
I'm sure gonna miss getting paid every 2 weeks, the high CTR and even after the huge rev drops at parked, after jumping from several of probably the highest paying parking companies over the last several days I've been reminded why Parked was my favorite over all.

Would love to hear from Donny that I could change my nameservers back to Parked. :'(

johname said:
link is in the news part of your parked account in the top right, been there since the no arbi email was sent. so all should know about no arbi

No problems, all is well.

•••
•••
Got paid from Parked...I won't be seeing another payment like this (sobbing)....oh well It was too easy and nothing easy lasts ...so onto the next challenge.
I DO want to say Thank You! to both Donny and Parked for the last 6 months since I joined.Its been fantastic. :) You run a quality operation. I will stick with Parked as long as they'll have me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back