Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seabass said:
I'm still closing up. Higher than normal too.

I'm assuming it's b/c of more competition for less clicks driving the price up since arb. was canceled ; and, maybe a better quality of clicks are left now that the dust has settled and now these clicks are getting noticed.

Anyone else seeing the surge at Parked ?

No - not closing up! RPC has tanked totally.
I noticed today that my visitors are way down so I started checking my
sites - the are loading *very* slow. The rest of the net is fine for me.
I'm thinking people aren't waiting around for the page to come up.

•••
2 clicks for 1.37 today and finished up all week :hi: :$:

•••
I'm below $2/day right now and if i dare to exceed that value, i get pushed right back to $2 (+/-) after finalization.
Whatever is going on here better be fixed quickly. If parked.com has gotten singled out, i'd like to know about it.
If parked.com is not planning on delivering better concepts for site building, i also want to know about it. As SDX already indicated, something needs to happen, and it better be happening fast.
I like Donny and his outstanding ability to provide customer service, he has practically single handedly elevated Parked.com to another level. Unfortunately, i like my revenue just a tad bit more. If moving on is the only option, whether that be to a (not singled out) provider or site building, then so be it.
Right now it feels like i'm wasting a lot of time for the sole purpose of showing loyalty.

M.

•••
Maybe Meg or someone else can help with this. I was doing arb with google and msn. I paused them when we had to. On my best performing site I set up an affliate site though commission junction with a why park account I had.

I wrote some unique articles for the site and put adsense on it with no problem. Yes they are showing up on my why park site, but did not until I took off most of the canned articles and put my own up.

I now have tried to turn everything back on to test with adwords and msn. Adwords is now telling me I have to pay $10 a click to get on search and nothing is showing up on content even though I am paying a decent amount.

Of course google has not returned a message from several days ago and neither has MSN (which is also not working for me).

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

•••
afarmer86 said:
Maybe Meg or someone else can help with this. I was doing arb with google and msn. I paused them when we had to. On my best performing site I set up an affliate site though commission junction with a why park account I had.

I wrote some unique articles for the site and put adsense on it with no problem. Yes they are showing up on my why park site, but did not until I took off most of the canned articles and put my own up.

I now have tried to turn everything back on to test with adwords and msn. Adwords is now telling me I have to pay $10 a click to get on search and nothing is showing up on content even though I am paying a decent amount.

Of course google has not returned a message from several days ago and neither has MSN (which is also not working for me).

Delete the campaign and use a new url...just my suggestion, but Netmeg knows best. Oh...and don't sent any of this to a domain on parked.com

•••
afarmer86 said:

Yep, but this is the parked thread - you should start another one.

•••
Mike said:
I'm below $2/day right now and if i dare to exceed that value, i get pushed right back to $2 (+/-) after finalization.
Whatever is going on here better be fixed quickly. If parked.com has gotten singled out, i'd like to know about it.
If parked.com is not planning on delivering better concepts for site building, i also want to know about it. As SDX already indicated, something needs to happen, and it better be happening fast.
I like Donny and his outstanding ability to provide customer service, he has practically single handedly elevated Parked.com to another level. Unfortunately, i like my revenue just a tad bit more. If moving on is the only option, whether that be to a (not singled out) provider or site building, then so be it.
Right now it feels like i'm wasting a lot of time for the sole purpose of showing loyalty.

M.

I agree. And...just think how bad it will be if our TQS goes down :hehe:

•••
I noticed Parked clicks going way down three months ago and it has stayed that way.

I made many mentions in this post the reason was more than lkely do to arbitrage going on in a massive way.

Every parking has a few members who do it under the radar and when caught they get the boot. That was not the case in Parked and in my opinion it grew to such a level it was not acceptable to Ask.

So wishes do not make money.

In my opinion Parked chould have keep the caliber of domainers high.

Every experienced domainer knows parking is work and inexperienced domainers care less and want the quick answer, result, too many bad apples rotted the fruit in the basket.

Is it newbies fault or should management been on top of this? Cause and effect folks.

This sums it all up, "in the fightclub, don't talk about the fight club", lol.

•••
edited

Last edited:
•••
Let's step on the brakes again, gents. Professionalism please ;)

I dislike the situation every bit as much as most of us, i'm every bit as put off by some people who stroll along with "Ha, i told you so" and are now demonstrating their incredible amount of knowledge. As we all know, it's really simple to kick someone in the face when they're already down...
Fact of the matter remains, we're caught up in a very uncomfortable situation that hardly anyone sees a possible way out with the opportunities give at present.
Developing all my domains is completely out of the question, parking has been made almost impossible, at least through parked.com. If nothing is planned to rectify the current problems, the solution is relatively clear to me....
What i'm waiting for? Simple. I believe that Donny may have one more ace up his sleeve and i'm willing to wait for him to come back from TRAFFIC to hand us the news, developments and changes that may come our way.

M.

•••
You mean that without arbitrage that most of you guys are only making less than $10 a day? I would have thought the domainers here at this Parked thread were at least making $50 a day or more - even without the arb.

I understand some folks do make small amounts, but it just seems like most here are totally busted without arbitrage. Don't ya'll have at least some expired link or generic domain traffic to tide you over?

Parked is pretty good at monetization in total, so they are hard to beat by going elsewhere.

I think lead-generation models may be the next step for parking companies as an option in addition to regular parking. I would hope something like this comes along soon, or why not even display advertisments paying out CPM rates on parked pages?

Last edited:
•••
Disturbing Trend on Parked.com

Well, ever since arb was ended on parked, I have seen a very consistent and disturbing trend. I was doing arb on Parked very successfully, and stopped on the night of 2/13 (about 12 hours ahead of the deadline). I have 49 domains at Parked.com, of which only 22 were in arb.

Every day since I stopped doing arb on Parked, I have noticed the following patterns:

- Total visitors for 49 domains in the xx range
- Total clicks for 49 domains in the x range at EOD then 0 at finalization
- Total revenue for 49 domains in the $.xx range at EOD, then $.00 at finalization

So, my traffic went from x,xxx to xx every day, and revenues have totally disappeared! PLUS, it does not seem to matter what the CTR or RPC are showing during the day or at EOD - they will be reduced to ZERO at finalization.

Has any one else had a similar experience?

Donny, any suggestions on what I can do to resurrect my portfolio at Parked.com?

•••
From the feedback i'm getting from all your comments, i have 2 things to say about Parked and parking domains with them:

1. The domain revenue pie might be getting shared by alot of domain names, and alot of low quality names. Too many names will dilute advertising revenue(for domainers) and thats probably why so many RPCs are going down

2. Its back to quality domain names with average/decent natural traffic. I would advise NP members to buckle up again, and start purchasing/keeping more quality names. Crappy names are contributing to alot of things, including lack of sales, so it will help us all to keep the quality of our names at the highest we possibly can. I have some crappy names too, but i'm not going to increase their number.

•••
Mike said:
Let's step on the brakes again, gents. Professionalism please ;)

I dislike the situation every bit as much as most of us, i'm every bit as put off by some people who stroll along with "Ha, i told you so" and are now demonstrating their incredible amount of knowledge. As we all know, it's really simple to kick someone in the face when they're already down...
Fact of the matter remains, we're caught up in a very uncomfortable situation that hardly anyone sees a possible way out with the opportunities give at present.
Developing all my domains is completely out of the question, parking has been made almost impossible, at least through parked.com. If nothing is planned to rectify the current problems, the solution is relatively clear to me....
What i'm waiting for? Simple. I believe that Donny may have one more ace up his sleeve and i'm willing to wait for him to come back from TRAFFIC to hand us the news, developments and changes that may come our way.

M.

YES! Let's all be patient PLEASE! :)

•••
I have just discovered the true meaning of irony...

My traffic went from 85% CTR to below 10% CTR, the traffic number itself practically disappeared into a black hole...

BUT
my Q Score went from a 9 back to a 10! :lol:
This is almost funny. Lesser traffic, ridiculous CTR but a fully blown 10 on the Q scale! Someone needs to get their act together, because the traffic in comparison to the CTR should qualify me for a -3 on the Qscale.

M.

•••
WOW! You guys know I'm one of the last to "sound the alarm"...but my estimated revenue today is UNUSUALLY LOW??? :-/

•••
Welcome to the club SDX (for today at least). Is it normal to lose clicks every day when finalized stats come out? It happens to me every day. On average about 10% of the clicks fly away. Anyone else have a similar situation?

GIL :)

•••
Yea, but when I looked at my traffic analysis, before the clicks disappeared, I saw some pretty weird stuff there, so I was actually expecting them to go.

As far as the TQ - mine went back to 10 too, after dipping down to 8, but mousing over it, it only goes as far 2/13, so I'm not sure it's current anyway. I can't imagine I have enough traffic to maintain the traffic score for long anyway. I'm slowly but surely re-optimizing my domains (as I do it differently for organics than for PPC) and it will take a while for things to get re-indexed, if they do. I've had to make a strong adjustment to my expectations. It's not the first time, and it won't be the last.

•••
SDX said:
WOW! You guys know I'm one of the last to "sound the alarm"...but my estimated revenue today is UNUSUALLY LOW??? :-/

If you make most of yours from referrals it's probably a rough time I'd say.

•••
DnPresident said:
If you make most of yours from referrals it's probably a rough time I'd say.

Actually my referral revenue was peanuts compared to my own revenue...up until today???

•••
SDX said:
Actually my referral revenue was peanuts compared to my own revenue...up until today???

Sorry to hear things are down for you...I'm sure you'll work it out

•••
DnPresident said:
Sorry to hear things are down for you...I'm sure you'll work it out

As we ALL will...no? ;)

•••
Agreed,

I probably should have stated these are my opinions, is there any truth to them, then going off like everything is fact. So keep it professional is the best way. :)

Last edited:
•••
Quick question, does parked.com still allow CJ.com affiliate links to be placed on our parked pages?

Thanks,

Sumbini

•••
sumbini said:
Quick question, does parked.com still allow CJ.com affiliate links to be placed on our parked pages?

Thanks,

Sumbini
Yes..add your own CJ link at custom content.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back