Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NameLinker said:
My average CPC dropped to $0.03 from this payment period.... Is this dropping is for me only? Or also for you? ... That is really bad situation

Don't worry, its not just you.. mine even at 0.01 (india traffic) usually at 0.08
:'(

•••
stub said:
This is not true. It's because you live outside US that when you visit one of your domains you see the meanwhile pages. US visitors to your website see whatever US visitors see. I'm in the same boat. I've asked Donny if Parked could show some kind of Preview of what US visitors see, but I guess he doesn't see this as important enough.
I think that what he meant by

All my domains go through "meanwhile". In my case its because I live outside of the USA.

•••
Still. US visitors see something different to what we see when visiting our parked pages

•••
stub said:
Still. US visitors see something different to what we see when visiting our parked pages
Yes. i know that.

•••
sihar07 said:
Don't worry, its not just you.. mine even at 0.01 (india traffic) usually at 0.08
:'(

i have up + 0.04 average per click, in this pay period for europe traffic

•••
When Donny comes back I would suggest PARKED slowly starts moving the way of the "mini-site" parking companies (such as evolanding, etc.); with the bi-monthly payouts and experience of the Parked.com team this should be a REAL Win-Win solution for ALL! :tu:

•••
SDX said:
When Donny comes back I would suggest PARKED slowly starts moving the way of the "mini-site" parking companies (such as evolanding, etc.); with the bi-monthly payouts and experience of the Parked.com team this should be a REAL Win-Win solution for ALL! :tu:

That would be nice. It may keep (and increase) their visibility in the SE's.

•••
stub said:
......I'm in the same boat. I've asked Donny if Parked could show some kind of Preview of what US visitors see, but I guess he doesn't see this as important enough.

Use this proxy to view pages as the US visitor sees them

•••
Avo19 said:
Use this proxy to view pages as the US visitor sees them

Is there a proxy to view how the sites look from outside the US?

•••
SDX said:

With the loss of clicks due to the arb ban coupled with the falling RPM/RPC Parked must really be hurting. I'm sure my portfolio is crap compared to many
other of Parked's members but if there is a drop in RPC across the board then
even the good portfolios must be moving elsewhere, at least to test other companies. This has got to hurt Parked even more.

I for one really don't want to take any domains away from Parked mainly because of their great support and also the features they offer to make
customizing/optimizing pages so easy. But I'm going to have to try out some
other companies looking for better RPC. But of course the drawback is that
if other companies don't allow the same latitude in optimizing pages you may
get a higher RPC but lower CTR.

My CTR at Parked was always 70-90%. Now down to 30%. That may sound good to some but not many visitors to .ca domains!

I'm not greedy - I just want to make enough per month to pay off my car loan :)

•••
SDX said:
Is there a proxy to view how the sites look from outside the US?
The proxy that Avo19 mentions works fine from here. I sometimes use miaoweb.net.

I would be curious to know what people in the US see of the following 2 sites:

cholesteral.info and famouslawyers.info Does "meanwhile" appear?

GIL :)

•••
GILSAN said:
The proxy that Avo19 mentions works fine from here. I sometimes use miaoweb.net.

I would be curious to know what people in the US see of the following 2 sites:

cholesteral.info and famouslawyers.info Does "meanwhile" appear?

From Canada there's no "meanwhile"

•••
packrat said:
From Canada there's no "meanwhile"
Thanks. Been following the full lunar eclipse here in Madeira. Is the same hapening in the US/Canada?

•••
GILSAN said:
Thanks. Been following the full lunar eclipse here in Madeira. Is the same hapening in the US/Canada?

Yes Gilsan. It is in progress here too.

Last edited:
•••
GILSAN said:

Unfortunately, today is one of the very few cloudy days here in L.A.! :hehe:
BTW, I got almost a $8 click from Japan for "ローン" ...anyone know what this keyword means??

•••
SDX said:
BTW, I got almost a $8 click from Japan for "ローン" ...anyone know what this keyword means??

Looks like it's only part of a word and I'm not sure what the word is but it has a very low AVG search volume in the U.S

Looks like something to do with refinancing........Maybe :)

It does mean LOAN..........sorry for the wrong answer earlier

Link hear........ http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Last edited:
•••
Too cloudy in north Texas to see the eclipse - and we stayed up late just for that reason (oh yeah, and also to be on the Internet :) )

•••
DnPresident said:
Looks like it's only part of a word and I'm not sure what the word is but it has a very low AVG search volume in the U.S

Looks like something to do with refinancing........Maybe :)

It does mean LOAN..........sorry for the wrong answer earlier

Link hear........ http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Thanks DnPres! :)

•••
Japanese traffic-help

SDX said:
BTW, I got almost a $8 click from Japan for "???" ...anyone know what this keyword means??

I have a Japanese hobby related .info name getting over 20 uniques a day. How do I set it up so its shows Japanese ads???

Thanks
db

Last edited:
•••
•••
GILSAN said:

Could see it beautifully here; a great big red ball. I was planning on taking pictures, but at 10PM, it was 3° F and I went out to look and came right back in to watch Law & Order. Too cold for a moondance!

•••
netmeg said:
Could see it beautifully here; a great big red ball. I was planning on taking pictures, but at 10PM, it was 3° F and I went out to look and came right back in to watch Law & Order. Too cold for a moondance!
Same here. It was a full eclipse at about 4AM, temperature about 55-60º F, not a cloud in the sky, in fact it was picture perfect. I didn't take pictures this time because I took some the last time we had a full eclipse about 3-4 years ago, but I should have!

•••
Welcome to weather.com thread :hehe: :sold:

•••
vbigdeli said:
Welcome to weather.com thread :hehe: :sold:
Yea, looks like arbitrage got eclipsed by the weather.

•••
I'm still closing up. Higher than normal too.

I'm assuming it's b/c of more competition for less clicks driving the price up since arb. was canceled ; and, maybe a better quality of clicks are left now that the dust has settled and now these clicks are getting noticed.

Anyone else seeing the surge at Parked ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back