NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yea well, if it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

•••
i know its not easy....but i also dont like getting my ass handed to me with all the work i'm doing...and $$ i'm spending......:(

•••
Hey tonyfloyd,

Those recipe web sites are spectacular! Did you build them yourself? If so, how? Are they profitable? Do you pay for traffic?

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
Hey tonyfloyd,

Those recipe web sites are spectacular! Did you build them yourself? If so, how? Are they profitable? Do you pay for traffic?

Tony... The Italian Recipe site is really nice!! Just printed a recipe for the wife to cook this weekend! :)

I would make one change to the site if you can. The page tabs (Home, About Us, Contact Us etc.) are kind of hard to see with the background they are on. I would suggest changing them to maybe 'red' and when rolled over they turn 'green'. That way you'll be sticking to the Italian color scheme. Just my .2 cents!

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
Hey tonyfloyd,

Hi Joe....thanks!...yeah i built myself....i create custom wordpress sites....:)...i have many more recipe sites that i will be building out......both are profitable...the italian more so than the greek one......no traffic paid for....once in a while i might run an adword campaign for a day or 2...but all traffic is via SE...bookmarks...etc....many keywords bring me on 1st page google....

NPKJB said:
Tony... The Italian Recipe site is really nice!! Just printed a recipe for the wife to cook this weekend! :)

I would make one change to the site if you can. The page tabs (Home, About Us, Contact Us etc.) are kind of hard to see with the background they are on. I would suggest changing them to maybe 'red' and when rolled over they turn 'green'. That way you'll be sticking to the Italian color scheme. Just my .2 cents!

thanks...enjoy the recipes!....planning on re-doing the nav bar...to show below the header/logo....but for now...the background shows up as red when hovered over....

•••
I remenber Bodi was going great and he got hit overnight with a quality score that affected everyones earnings because he was unable to keep fraudsters out. The fraudsters opened many accounts.

I cannot remember if it was due to those members using fraudelent keywords or they sent arbitrage or spammed that made stats tank. I do know it was not easy finding a quarter around there for a couple months.

They had to clean house and now are up and running again.

I compare the parking companies only because ppc tanked quickly at each place.

•••
Tony, great sites!...maybe you can help me build a tennis site after this Aussie Open! :)

•••
Tony - that is a great idea and so nicely done! Kudos and reap the revenue heheheh ;)

Rob

•••
thanks guys!.....but that is not helping my parked stats get any better...!....:(....actually don't know how to fix my parked stats......2008 hasn't started out too well.......

•••
Wow, Had another shocking day on 2 YPN providers yesterday. one fell by 44% and the other by 39%. All vastly different niches.

•••
tonyfloyd said:
i know its not easy....but i also dont like getting my ass handed to me with all the work i'm doing...and $$ i'm spending......:(

What would you charge to set up a site like that for me?

Mike said:
Wouldn't this be all the more reason to see truly customizable templates,... quickly?!
Templates that work on a module type basis? (i laid the idea out publicly once and sent Donny a PM about it) Let's hope this happens soon as one of the compelling reasons to be at parked is the opportunity to arbitrage.

M.

Yeah when can we do a computer.com and mustangranch.com. I would love to use mustang.com on one of my search domains

•••
netmeg said:
Well... it's obviously in Parked and Yahoo's best interest to have the ads high enough 'above the fold' so that they get clicked on. I can't think that they'd reasonably want to see the ads pushed down below the content.

You'll still get clicks with header text, it just needs to be 2 or 3 small paragraphs. You obviously wouldn't want to put so much content that the visitor had to scroll down to see the links.

If the above comments about MSN not wanting ads running to parked pages are true and they or another one of the PPC Ad providers happens to take a peek at one of your (1) click landers, there's a good chance they won't take the time to scroll down the whole page of links to see if there's content below possibly resulting in your ad being turned off.

The (2) click landers at parked would be just the right size for Header and footer text while the (1) click lander would have to be resized imo.

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:
If the above comments about MSN not wanting ads running to parked pages are true and they or another one of the PPC Ad providers happens to take a peek at one of your (1) click landers, there's a good chance they won't take the time to scroll down the whole page of links to see if there's content below possibly resulting in your ad being turned off.

The (2) click landers at parked would be just the right size for Header and footer text while the (1) click lander would have to be resized imo.

At another provider, I had a template made that has the content on top. Once the AW or MSN campaign has been approved I just switch back to the normal template. So far so good...

•••
Avo19 said:
At another provider, I had a template made that has the content on top. Once the AW or MSN campaign has been approved I just switch back to the normal template. So far so good...

I used to have to do something very similar.

Last edited:
•••
Donny,
Are we allowed to use Googles mobile adsense or Admob ads on our .mobi sites?

•••
goodkarmaco said:
I remember Bodis was going great and he got hit overnight with a quality score that affected everyones earnings because he was unable to keep fraudsters out. The fraudsters opened many accounts.

I cannot remember if it was due to those members using fraudulent keywords or they sent arbitrage or spammed that made stats tank. I do know it was not easy finding a quarter around there for a couple months.

They had to clean house and now are up and running again.

I compare the parking companies only because ppc tanked quickly at each place.

In my experience and personal opinion...

1) Yep, I had just about all my domains there last summer. Things were humming. Then, it happened (or perhaps better said, it stopped happening). My revenues dropped by 80% and stayed there. At first I was able to switch over to T-club and get a bump for a few days. Then everything flattened out for the fall of 2007. Very "ouchy" :'(

2) As of the past couple months, revenues for one of my domains here at Parked.com is steadily improving (excluding the bot attacks of recent, of course). In fact, January has been a record month for it, and yesterday was about double the new average.

3) Donny, please don't "fix" anything for me. Thanks! :)

4) As I have said before, not all domain names will do their best (or even good) at any one parking co. One of my other names has been moved back to that other parking company because it does pitiful here, as well as at the other parkers. (And, I know that many others on this board would also agree, as I see them on the threads of the other parking co.s as well). That is to say that this should be a normal and healthy understanding for any domainer in managing her/his name portfolio.

5) In regards to #4 above, this is not to say that I understand all the technical details about the various feeds and whatnot (actually, quite the opposite). But rather to say that, in my opinion, there is only so much that the parking administrator (Donny) can do, and that it is my own responsibility to "diversify" the parking of my domain portfolio. This is not to diminish the credit to any particular parking company. In fact, I love what Parked is doing for me!

And in fairness, nor is it to say that we should not provide feedback and concerns to the parking administrator. We should; it helps them and us.

I guess the reason I decided to share this is because I had been experiencing the same concerns with a lot of other folks on the other board, and was just as discouraged/concerned. They kept hanging on and hoping things would get better; then they kept hanging on, and on, and on... and suffering for it. But I just could not/would not sit and wait. Instead I began to work on optimizing my domain parking portfolio; that is what led me to Parked. It has been a long road, but I can say that I am pleased with how things are going. I always expect the parking companies and their administrators to do their best, but I also realize that I am ultimately responsible for making sure I have the right name parked in the right place.

Thank you. And I hope this can encourage someone.

•••
excellent post I agree. Names perform differently according to parking companies (though is an hard job to move hundreds domains around).
Rep added :)

•••
thetruman said:
excellent post I agree. Names perform differently according to parking companies (though is an hard job to move hundreds domains around).
Rep added :)
Thanks.

True, it can be a lot of work to move them around - at least at first, because you have to add them, and then probably customize them. However, once you have all your names at 3 different parking co.s, then it is merely a matter of redirecting the DNS from your registrar, since they are already in the system. At that point it is much easier to "tune" their placement within a few days, depending upon the frequency of the updating/publishing of stats by the parking co.

Last week I moved one name to another parker, saw my traffic, CTR, and RPC all cut in half. Kept it there another day and had the same problem. Then repeated it with a different parking co. Then moved it back and decided to be happy with it (in fact, things improved a bit on their own). Whenever I customize my template, I give it a couple extra days to see what happens.

•••
panterrasbox said:
Thanks.

True, it can be a lot of work to move them around - at least at first, because you have to add them, and then probably customize them. However, once you have all your names at 3 different parking co.s, then it is merely a matter of redirecting the DNS from your registrar, since they are already in the system. At that point it is much easier to "tune" their placement within a few days, depending upon the frequency of the updating/publishing of stats by the parking co.

Last week I moved one name to another parker, saw my traffic, CTR, and RPC all cut in half. Kept it there another day and had the same problem. Then repeated it with a different parking co. Then moved it back and decided to be happy with it (in fact, things improved a bit on their own). Whenever I customize my template, I give it a couple extra days to see what happens.

Agreed again. Unfortunately I like to keep things clean and leaving the name in place in a park company create confusion (I have 300 domains spread among 3 parking companies). That s why I do little customization as I havent got that much time ... my revenue would be much better otherwise...

•••
Well I've got say that my numbers have been rubbish with Parked over the last couple of weeks - they were already pretty bad, but recently I've been getting two visitors a day on around 30 domains ! Is this normal ?

•••
panterrasbox said:
Thanks.

just a note . . .

you need to leave domains for atleast a week to get a good idea. Name servers can take up to 36 hours to change around the world. Just cause you saw the switch doesnt mean your visitors didnt see a blank page during the transition phase (thus the drop by half). (not mentioning traffic patterns are usually weekly)

•••
advaita said:
Well I've got say that my numbers have been rubbish with Parked over the last couple of weeks - they were already pretty bad, but recently I've been getting two visitors a day on around 30 domains ! Is this normal ?

Honestly, its relative to the quality of domain you own. Not all domains receive traffic.

•••
Sorry but my laptop crashed at domainfest. No email or internet for two days now. Hopefully I should have something tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

Donny

•••
If an ip is banned, it'll be banned permanently or temporily?
Sometimes, in a community, there's only one external ip. If that is banned, all other computers will be banned. Right?

•••
Donny said:
Sorry but my laptop crashed at domainfest. No email or internet for two days now. Hopefully I should have something tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

Donny

Sweet!! Donny's back!
I'm sure we'll get things going back up again now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back