Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.X. said:
Not sure, But the ASK.com feed needs to go bye bye, Ask ,Is history here soon, I would rather see a straight Yahoo USA feed, At least for right now.

Do you think that a lot of these problems are due to ASK.com?

"Ask ,Is history here soon"? Do you know something that we don´t?

Donny must be very busy in the last few days as we hav'nt seem very much of him here at NP.

GIL :)

•••
GILSAN said:

Donny must be very busy in the last few days as we hav'nt seem very much of him here at NP.

Many things i can not talk about, Do i think a lot of the problems are due to Ask? Absolutely i do, Yahoo's TQ score is playing a role as well, But RPC doesn't just dive to the depths it has. TQ scores are obviously not playing the bigger factor, Look at previous posts, many have a TQ of 8 to 10, and thier RPC has fallin by the way side as well.

It is not just Parked.com, The domain parking industry as whole is shaken right now,Imo

A fast recovery is a necessary for all parking companies, Imo

Last edited:
•••
GILSAN said:

Donny is at DomainFest. :)

•••
.X. said:
Many things i can not talk about, Do i think a lot of the problems are due to Ask? Absolutely i do, Yahoo's TQ score is playing a role as well, But RPC doesn't just dive to the depths it has. TQ scores are obviously not playing the bigger factor, Look at previous posts, many have a TQ of 8 to 10, and thier RPC has fallin by the way side as well.

It is not just Parked.com, The domain parking industry as whole is shaken right now,Imo

A fast recovery is a necessary for all parking companies, Imo

This makes me wonder how much stock market adds up/influences on this industry ?

•••
Not sure If I'm able to talk about other parking company's in this thread, I park with a Private company, Parked and Domainspa. I'm also seeing these spikes on all parking company's bar DomainSpa. Weird. I drop around 30% per day except for yesterday.

•••
evilopinions said:
This makes me wonder how much stock market adds up/influences on this industry ?

Very Good Question, I wonder as well, Only time will tell, But time is not on the parking companies sides right now.

People are getting on edge, RPC is as low as i have seen it in a long time.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, I'm at DomainFest, and I've been swamped the whole time. I'll be heading back on Thursday so everything sould be back to normal on Friday.

Donny

•••
selltrib said:
Not sure If I'm able to talk about other parking company's in this thread, I park with a Private company, Parked and Domainspa. I'm also seeing these spikes on all parking company's bar DomainSpa. Weird. I drop around 30% per day except for yesterday.

No question about it Natalie, The spikes are coming from all directions, From the BIG parking companies.

Those who take quick action to stop the spikes, are the ones who will profit HUGE.

We will see who survives

Donny said:
Yes, I'm at DomainFest, and I've been swamped the whole time. I'll be heading back on Thursday so everything sould be back to normal on Friday.

Donny

Unless RPC is back normal, Then every thing is BAD. Parked.com is to big and reputable, I hope you can get to the bottom of the RPC depression Donny.

•••
I think it's a conspiracy by Google. We have to blame somebody, why not them. :)

Donny

•••
Donny said:
I think it's a conspiracy by Google. We have to blame somebody, why not them. :)

Donny

I think you may very possibly be right, no kidding. we will find out pretty soon i suspect.

A Google Boycott may be in order, By all domainers, You think i am kidding, But i am not.

Screw me once, shame on you, Screw me twice, shame on me.

Microsoft, Please buy Yahoo!!! To hell with Google!!! Frickin commies!! Walmart of the internet!!! er that is my 1st amendment right Google, even though you don't know that, because you are commies, FU!

Last edited:
•••
.X. said:
Screw me once, shame on me, Screw me twice, shame on you.

Shouldn't that be the other way around? :)

•••
.X. said:
I think you may very possibly be right, no kidding. we will find out pretty soon i suspect.

A Google Boycott may be in order, By all domainers, You think i am kidding, But i am not.

Screw me once, shame on me, Screw me twice, shame on you.

Microsoft, Please buy Yahoo!!! To hell with Google!!! Frickin commies!! Walmart of the internet!!! er that is my 1st amendment right Google, even though you don't know that, because you are commies, FU!

lol..... take it easy John. Actually Google does have a communist tinge thanks to its 2nd partner owner Sergey Brin who is Russian born and is the Google President of Technology with a net worth of around $19 Billion. Imo, Google is more of a Russian company than a free democratic American company. I wouldn't be surprised if they bought out Ask.com someday or atleast bullied them into selling it off. They might once again employ their buyout technique to get a good deal. Their model is more like "shake the company we intend to buy, tear off their revenue streams, scare them out, break them into bits, make them lose their net worth and then buy them out for cheap". Its a brilliant business model. It works!

Last edited:
•••
stub said:
Shouldn't that be the other way around? :)

Edit: Your Right Stub, It is visa versa -LOL

I fixed it :)

Varon said:
lol..... take it easy John. Actually Google does have a communist tinge thanks to its 2nd partner owner Sergey Brin who is Russian born and is the Google President of Technology with a net worth of around $19 Billion. Imo, Google is more of a Russian company than a free democratic American company. I wouldn't be surprised if they bought out Ask.com someday or atleast bullied them into selling it off.

Exactly Varon my brother, And to think, they don't like Russian Traffic-LMAO

I am telling you people, A Google Boycott may be in order, To restore order, Yes, they have the money, But with out US, they will suffer losses, and that will lead to them coming around, Well maybe, Unless they carry on with their commie ways, which they probably will.

No surfers, no adsense advertisers, no adwords advertisers, And they will heavily feel the effects, And should as well. We owe them that much.

Last edited:
•••
Walmart of the internet!!!

LMAO how true!

I'm not sure how google got so much power to decide who lives or dies on the internet, but it sux! Anyone of you could be next.

A google boycott would be great, however since they pay a lot domainers bills you are probably asking for that in the wrong forum.

•••
Yahoo stats must be borked. No stats reporting for Parked or my other feed provider.

•••
whitebark said:
where is Donny? :)

Seems to working on TQ bug...mine has dropped from 10 to no score!!

.X. said:

Screw me once, shame on you, Screw me twice, shame on me.

Micro$oft should buy Ask or ValueClick...

•••
Guys... again, I wonder if there is some over-reaction. People talk like there is a massive drop globally, but for some of us our niches are going UP since the new year. So instead of saying all parking is suffering, isn't it more likely that it is niche-based? Couldn't it simply be market trends with some niches?

As far as the TQ display goes, I wish people would just start ignoring it. It's obvious something is screwed up there and it doesn't have any bearing on reality currently. So I'd stop the angst over it and just get on with your lives :)

•••
ok folks go check this parked page out. it is not mine it is owned by parked.com is this something we may see in the future?

http://www.mustangranch.com

type in a search and see what you get

•••
check out mustangranch.com owned by parked. Is this something in the works for us?

•••
wow....

hey

nice find and like the mustangranch.com format

curious what the crt is like and if its improved vs. what parked.com averages..

•••
jeffoverman said:
hey

nice find and like the mustangranch.com format

curious what the crt is like and if its improved vs. what parked.com averages..
I would like to park a few of my domains with a search box and get some money this way. Eventually place a few links around and pretend to be a SE. :xf.love: this would make for an interesting test to see what the usage + CTR would be.

M.

•••
madpoet said:
Guys... again, I wonder if there is some over-reaction. People talk like there is a massive drop globally, but for some of us our niches are going UP since the new year. So instead of saying all parking is suffering, isn't it more likely that it is niche-based? Couldn't it simply be market trends with some niches?

As far as the TQ display goes, I wish people would just start ignoring it. It's obvious something is screwed up there and it doesn't have any bearing on reality currently. So I'd stop the angst over it and just get on with your lives :)

I'm sorry but its not niche.

There has been a massive drop (not insane, but bad nonetheless) since this last fall. I've been watching these numbers for years.

I don't know who/what to blame - economy, TQ, Yahoo, smarter surfers. All I know is my domains don't suck.

•••
No, I've been in my niche for five or six years as well (albeit in advertising, not in parking) and I know pretty much where it is at any given point - and health care isn't usually adversely affected when the economy gets shaky - people don't stop getting sick.

I can even understand the RPCs going down, I just don't understand why the estimates are so often so far off. I'm not criticizing, mind you, I just want to understand, because I thought there was something predictive in the algorithm to make them a little more consistent. But I've seen some big slides over the past couple weeks, more often than not, and it's been a concern.

•••
Finalized stats are out. Thats 2 days in a row that they go up. It may be a coincidence but this has happened since my TQ Score changed from 10 to No Score

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back