Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Donny,hope you be able to reverse enginnering ;) and tell us more about TQ.

A newbie question : TQ score is based on each domain or each account(Parked,AA,...)?

•••
IntelBank.com said:
I'm definitely not the most qualified person to answer your question, Varon, SDX, Donny, and a few others can give you more insight into the Yahoo "problematic".
However, if according to GD, a domain would take between 3-5 years to produce acceptable results, we'd all be in a world of extreme financial pain.

IB

IntelBank.com Thanks for at lease answering... I appreciated that...

I have been studying the performance btween Sedo, Parked and GD and Parked wins hands down... I have made more money faster with Parked than any other...

I was in the process of transfering all domains to Parked when they shut it down for the upgrade... So blame me for breaking it :)

Regards to the Yahoo changes as problematic for parked pages... I was refering to the several articles about how search engines are mixing things up a bit and causing everyone to regroup...

From what I've seen with impressions and click payout, Parked is the best!

•••
Greedy Servers

They are down but Keep your ears crossed, Maybe they've got it figured out....Wonder if they ever got those big new servers going? Maybe they were greedy servers :)

troopscott said:
great now parked is down on top of everything else going on with RPC 0.00 clicks etc.

They have there down sign up now :(

Last edited:
•••
We don't have anything figured out, I just forgot that I told somebody they could add some new code into production "tonight", but they did "today". :)

Looking at an hour or so.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
All next week I will be at the ICANN meetings in Los Angeles, and I was wondering if anybody was interested in getting together for a few drinks and maybe some dinner on either Friday (11/2) or Saturday (11/3) night. I'll be staying at the Los Angeles Airport Hilton so if possible I would like to get together some place close if possible.

Anybody interested? I'm buying!

Donny

At this point I'd have to ride my bicycle and take a bag of peanuts... :) .....Long ride from Kentucky, Not sure my old legs could take it..

•••
Hi Donny,

I had a few questions and I know even some of others may be able to answer this...

I have a couple of domains that have the .in extension. I pointed them at parked and they did serve some good ads. I know that majority of the traffic i get on them is all Indian. I tested for a day (18 hours) and I saw very less impressions. I have the same domain parked at some other service and I get good impressions as weel as cpc.

Although I am not really worried about money or impressions here is my question...

Do we as parked track or allow traffic from India ?
Do we pay good cpc for traffic for India ?

Both domains are typos and have all typein traffic as I see no refrence or links for both of them..Neither have been indexed in my opinion as well ? They were just hand regged on 5/6 th oct

Although they are doing good at other place I still want them to be at parked...I dont know just the love of colours and the way you make us feel...

•••
Is there any way to manually remove a few keywords from my domain or will i have to go through my acct. rep?

Also, i've tried to capitalize some letters in my domain, it simple won't take the change: futurepilot.info should be FuturePilot.info - i tried via
Domain Title: futurepilot.info [edit] - doesn't do anything for me.
Bugged?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

IB

Last edited:
•••
kylehove said:
IntelBank.com Thanks for at lease answering... I appreciated that...

I have been studying the performance btween Sedo, Parked and GD and Parked wins hands down... I have made more money faster with Parked than any other...

I was in the process of transfering all domains to Parked when they shut it down for the upgrade... So blame me for breaking it :)

Regards to the Yahoo changes as problematic for parked pages... I was refering to the several articles about how search engines are mixing things up a bit and causing everyone to regroup...

From what I've seen with impressions and click payout, Parked is the best!

Glad you've "seen the light"! :tu:

evilopinions said:
Hi Donny,

I had a few questions and I know even some of others may be able to answer this...

I have a couple of domains that have the .in extension. I pointed them at parked and they did serve some good ads. I know that majority of the traffic i get on them is all Indian. I tested for a day (18 hours) and I saw very less impressions. I have the same domain parked at some other service and I get good impressions as weel as cpc.

Although I am not really worried about money or impressions here is my question...

Do we as parked track or allow traffic from India ?
Do we pay good cpc for traffic for India ?

Both domains are typos and have all typein traffic as I see no refrence or links for both of them..Neither have been indexed in my opinion as well ? They were just hand regged on 5/6 th oct

Although they are doing good at other place I still want them to be at parked...I dont know just the love of colours and the way you make us feel...

Yes, Parked allows traffic from everywhere...I actually have most of my ccTLD's with Parked! :tu:

IntelBank.com said:
Is there any way to manually remove a few keywords from my domain or will i have to go through my acct. rep?

Also, i've tried to capitalize the some letters in my domain, it simple won't take the change: futurepilot.info should FuturePilot.info - i tried via
Bugged?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

IB

This should definitely be fixed...it DOES affect CTR!

•••
Looks like Parked.com servers are back up but he stats are the same from when it went down.. It says that it is current as of Last Update: 2007-11-01 20:15:18 PST however I imagine that it is not updated yet...

•••
DnPresident said:
At this point I'd have to ride my bicycle and take a bag of peanuts... :) .....Long ride from Kentucky, Not sure my old legs could take it..

Come on over to the West Coast! :tu:

•••
1.Editing keyword: Over to the right of the DN just click edit, then click edit keyword, erase the old, enter new and save
2. capitalizing: to right of DN click edit, click edit on domain title, erase old, enter new and save.

IntelBank.com said:

Also, i've tried to capitalize some letters in my domain, it simple won't take the change: futurepilot.info should be FuturePilot.info - i tried via
Bugged?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

IB

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:
Over to the right of the DN just click edit, then click edit keyword, erase the old, enter new and save
Did that, no matter what selection i choose (relevant to the domain name), i still get categories that i would like to eliminate. Such as: FuturePilot - doesn't have anything to do with Discount Air Fares, yet i cannot kick any one particular category out...
Pardon the confusion, while i used the term "Keyword" i actually meant "Category"....

IB

•••
IntelBank.com said:
Did that, no matter what selection i choose (relevant to the domain name), i still get categories that i would like to eliminate. Such as: FuturePilot - doesn't have anything to do with Discount Air Fares, yet i cannot kick any one particular category out...
Pardon the confusion, while i used the term "Keyword" i actually meant "Category"....

IB

Does your Java work correctly Mike?

kylehove said:
Looks like Parked.com servers are back up but he stats are the same from when it went down.. It says that it is current as of Last Update: 2007-11-01 20:15:18 PST however I imagine that it is not updated yet...

I have Last Update: 2007-11-01 20:47:28 PST

•••
Instead of Discount Air Fares Have you tried something like Cheap flights, discount flights, fly cheap or anything similar to one of those three?

IntelBank.com said:

IB

•••
DnPresident said:
Instead of Discount Air Fares Have you tried something like Cheap flights, discount flights, fly cheap or anything similar to one of those three?
Well, the thing is more with the category selection. Since they're "hardcoded" i can't really exchange categories to my "liking". What would be something to take on the "book of improvements" is a dropdown window next to each category, where users can choose their own categories, pertaining to the keyword. In other words; anything flight related will pull up (example) 300 categories, of which 31 are displayed. It would be interesting to have the opportunity to exchange any of the 31 with any of the ones in the pool of the 300.
This would provide the option to match my categories with my arbitrage efforts and create a customer tailored experience as the user will exactly find what they're looking for... ;)
...just an idea...

sdx said:
Does your Java work correctly Mike?
Yep, as far as i can tell anyways. I'm not encountering any other problems. :)

IB

•••
IB - The most important thing when modifying your Domain Title is to hit the save button, that looks nothing like a save button. :) I just modified it for you.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
IB - The most important thing when modifying your Domain Title is to hit the save button, that looks nothing like a save button. :) I just modified it for you.

Donny
Yep, we need a "Jackarse" smiley on here. The blue arrow is therefore NOT the "Save Button"... :red: This one's on me. I'm gonna stand in the corner of total virtual shame for the next 15 minutes. :red: :red:
Thanks Donny! :tu:

Is there any way to modify categories, as in exchange categories for better matching categories? (I'm just hoping that i didn't miss that one also)

IB

•••
You don't know how many times I said that's not a save button, that's an open button or a shove crap in a folder button. :yell:

There is no easy way for you to modify the categories today. But if you tell your account manager what you are looking for they can usually help. I would do it tonight, but I'm crashing.

Donny

•••
Got my 1st 0 cent click today. w00t.

-One2

•••
and I got 2 clicks for 0 cents....But I am equally very very very surprised that one of my other domain which never got any uniques from Bodis has registered a few uniques in about 4 hours...

And whats even a bigger surprise that One of the "In" that I was previously talking about had a ctr of 6 % somewhere else and has turned 150 % at parked...Either Parked is making fun of me or I am still dreaming ?

Last edited:
•••
I sent something to our stats guy to see what's up with the estimates showing $0.00 for some clicks. There is no reason that should happen.

Donny

•••
My meeting is at 11am PST. Not sure how long I will be there.

Donny

•••
Actually, Google will be the biggest nightmare. Yahoo is way more flexible and open than Google. :)

•••
Donny said:
My meeting is at 11am PST. Not sure how long I will be there.

Donny

Talk to you soon Donny! Good Luck! :tu:

•••
If you check your indexed page, it will say...
Sponsored Results for ....

How about moving "personalized" page desc. to the very top just before listing ads?

If you do this, I think indexed page will show this, no?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back