NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
parking revenue

I have about thirty domain names parked at sedo but revenue generation per click is not only low, it is very slow. I am not sure if I am using the right keywords or have another problem specific to Sedo. I have domains such as

cater weddings (caterweddings.com)
cater weddings (caterweddings.co.uk)
cater weddings (caterweddings.info)

poker (RoyalPennyPoker.com) however is the only one that is doing reasonably well. Any advice on names such as above..thanks

Last edited:
•••
vatsan said:
Ok! so after I sign in I can change. Thats good news. Will use one of these website's email

Thanx!

I don't think so.
I tried to change my email address to @gmail but it didn't work.
:(

Last edited:
•••
indopro said:
I don't think so.
I tried to change my email address to @gmail but it didn't work.
:(

aha thank god you told me that! I was about to register there. Thanx mate!

•••
Our rules are very simple, if you own a nice number of domains, you should not have to use a free email address. Even gmail allows you to forward your domain email to them, that's all we are asking for, a real email address. You can use one from your isp or wherever.

Donny

•••
I thought I saw a couple of months ago that you could change your email to a free account after you signed up. Is that not so?

I think you are mistaken about "having to use a free email address". For most people it's a preference, not a need. Google et al provide much better services than you can get from a, ahem, "free" pop3/ forwarding email account provided by your host/registrar.

Last edited:
•••
Donny: I have finally registered with parked by getting another email, but believe me, I find yahoo to be a way better than others (I have it for 11 years now and thats what I use for everything....one place to manage it all and you check from anywhere you want).

I also have gmail for the same reasons.

I generally don't trust email account with small providers.

May be you should re-think your email policy (I understand your concerns though).....may be atleast let us change the account email to yahoo/gmail after the account opening.

Thanks.

•••
Donny said:
Our rules are very simple, if you own a nice number of domains, you should not have to use a free email address. Even gmail allows you to forward your domain email to them, that's all we are asking for, a real email address. You can use one from your isp or wherever.

Donny

that was enough to put me off your company when i tried to sign up. i've got a moderate 6-figure portfolio, but i've no idea how to make an email address from my domains or forward it to my yahoo account. as far as i know i don't have an email address from my isp and if i did i would have no idea how to access it. seems like a rather pointless rule to me *shrug*

•••
At last count 87% of all accounts that were created with free email addresses have been terminated for fraud. This also is about 65% of all fraud we have caught in our system. Maybe one day we will all free email accounts in again, but as of right now we have not.

Donny

•••
Well, that sounds like a good enough reason :)

•••
•••
We pay twice a month, on the 7th and the 22nd.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
We pay twice a month, on the 7th and the 22nd.

Donny

Might I add...ALWAYS on time!!! :)

•••
:'( I have almost 200 domains with pr2 and pr1 included i but parked decline my application

•••
Parked sounds like a great site.
Does anyone know how it compares to whypark.com - as i have heard some amazing reviews about what they offer. And it seems to be a toss up between the two.

•••
keep in mind that you will pay $99 for using whypark service as to compare this to parked no fee involve.

We also use the same approach of whypark, see example of www.hummer3.org. We are still working on some other template for our portfolio. And if you want to a dry run for your domain for $2/mo, send me pm.

regards,
em

•••
staffjam said:
Parked sounds like a great site.
Does anyone know how it compares to whypark.com - as i have heard some amazing reviews about what they offer. And it seems to be a toss up between the two.

Hi...just use my Parked.com link in my Sig (below) and find out yourself! ;)

•••
Hi, Right i'm all signed up to parked and i have a few basic questions to ask (and i mean basic).
1) Some of my sites are displaying completely inappropriate adverts and the related categories aren't appropriate either - any ideas how i can change this?
2) On the optimization side, the Title tag - what sort of text do i put in here - is it just keywords or a mini sales line.
3) Meta Tags - what are these? And what is the best way to fill in the escription and keyword boxes?

I realise these are no doubt very basic questions, but i would like to look a wall at the start rather than the end.
Thanks again for any advice or tips you can offer.

•••
Hi, please help :?

I'd like to join with parked.com, hmmm interesting program.
but when I (also some of my friend from Indonesia) sign up.
We always rejected (:'()
We already fullfill parked "TOS"
(i.e. not use free email + same registrant to my domain,
at least 10 domain required), all of my domain is new.

Is it Indonesia has been banned by parked ?

Please support to me guys ! (Donny ? )
:-/ :-/
-------------------
Dian H :'(

•••
Donny said:
At last count 87% of all accounts that were created with free email addresses have been terminated for fraud. This also is about 65% of all fraud we have caught in our system. Maybe one day we will all free email accounts in again, but as of right now we have not.

Donny

A person with the incentive to defraud you, can easily use any domain e.g. one registered with a stolen credit card. There are also tonns of "vanity" domains offering free email services. Do you block these as well?

•••
dherwan said:
We already fullfill parked "TOS"
(i.e. not use free email + same registrant to my domain,
at least 10 domain required), all of my domain is new.

Is it Indonesia has been banned by parked ?

Come on, mate. No particular countries have been banned by parked.com, as far as I know. Your application is rejected is nothing to do with your country of origin. Do you know that Donny's brother himself was also rejected by parked.com? :)

Maybe you guys have fulfilled certain requirements (such as what you mentioned above), but the main concern of parked.com is "quality traffic" standard of your domains. What's "quality traffic" standard? Donny has better explanation on it instead of me.

BTW, I'm Indonesian too :hi:

•••
We do not block any country at Parked. We do currently block most of the large free email providers, but if you have a domain and point it to gmail that is perfectly acceptable. Even though we do check where a MX record on a domain is pointed, we have no plans on blocking email addresses based on MX records.

My brothe did try to signup the other day and his account was rejected. We all got a huge laugh out of it. We have 28 items that we check when somebody signs up, each one is scored differently and at the end of the day it just depends on what your score is. It's really not hard to get approved, you just have to be a domainer. Some things are very simple like are the domains even registered, etc...

I can tell you that about 50 people have been approved from Indonesia in the past 2 weeks. If you think you should be allowed in, send a trouble ticket in and somebody will look at your application manually and make a decision.

Donny

•••
How do you differentiate between a free and paid Yahoo! email account :) Ignore me. I'm just being a Smart Alec. It's early in the morning and too much coffee already :)

•••
Donny said:
We do not block any country at Parked. We do currently block most of the large free email providers, but if you have a domain and point it to gmail that is perfectly acceptable. Even though we do check where a MX record on a domain is pointed, we have no plans on blocking email addresses based on MX records.
Donny

But I wonder why.... the internet marketer like Anne Ahira was rejected when she first time apply to parked. Is she don't understand parked "TOS" ? I don't think so. Is there no one else from Indonesia before Anne Ahira that approved ?

Donny said:
I can tell you that about 50 people have been approved from Indonesia in the past 2 weeks. If you think you should be allowed in, send a trouble ticket in and somebody will look at your application manually and make a decision.

Donny
CMIIW, I think this is happened after Anne Ahira approved by parked, isn' it ?
Anyway, thanks for your suggest, I'll try your advice.

PS : Can I send trouble ticket to you Donny ? I'm very interesting with your domain program (because I think Mr. Jim too busy for this matter)

Best Regards,
Dian H

•••
rejected too :(

i'm indonesian too and also rejected. 3 times. I wonder what is the requirement for parked.com to accept us... :? :sigh:

•••
stub said:
How do you differentiate between a free and paid Yahoo! email account :)
Ancient Chinese Secret. :lol:

We have over 200 people from Indonesia that are customers of ours.

Anybody can PM me anytime on here, you can send in a ticket on parked, or you can send me an email, which it's not too hard to figure out.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back