NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really wouldn't call it a dead horse since I just said about 2 weeks ago we would add it. As I said somewhere, we are now waiting our DMCA application to be approved before we can make it live.

We just want to do everything legally, as some other people around here know that their images were pulled from other providers.

Donny

•••
how long to be approved in parked.com ?

•••
Donny,

Love to see you back from vacation and kicking back.

•••
Donny said:
I'm back alive and kicking. :)

Donny

You are always welcome in here...Love to see you back from vacation and kicking back.

Hope your have a nice vacation....and thank for everything.

Last edited:
•••
I registered using a list of 20 names and received the acceptance email in about an hour.
The names were a mix of some with PR and some new regs. Nothing with high traffic. A couple were moved from ND for a comparison. Now I gotta figure out all the options.

Donny,
One question pops up. The URL is http://meanwhile.com/?...&. Does this imply that y'all fear there may be a trademark issue. I have owned the name since 2004 with no problems. It is auto related -- a limited edition item which is no longer in production. If it is a problem I can move it back.

•••
i have to admit, i like parked very much. like the way pages looks. like domain management panel. and also have to admint that on some keywords they pay more, on another keywords, ND pays more. But i dont like the fact that there are domains at parked, where visitor have to go from page to page to get to the destination he is looking for. this double clicking is lowering my revenue chanse to almost double, and in this case it is better to get less money per click on namedrive, but to get it more often, whan to expect that visitor will come on your page on parked, after it will click to get from one page to another page, and from this second page will get to where he needs to go. i think i write understandable. and i cannot find any way on parekd to change this double click look into simple one page. if somebody knows how to do it please share.

•••
parked generally uses 2 click landers...but in some cases, they will opt for a one click landing page - which I believe (correct me if im wrong) is up to their feed provider (yahoo)

also, keep in mind that they allow multiple clicks, whereas ND does not. because of this, you should typically have a higher CTR, I know I have.

•••
hark said:
Donny,
One question pops up. The URL is http://meanwhile.com/?...&. Does this imply that y'all fear there may be a trademark issue. I have owned the name since 2004 with no problems. It is auto related -- a limited edition item which is no longer in production. If it is a problem I can move it back.
We have 3 feeds that we use normally, but I will only comment on the first 2. Our primary feed is Yahoo, if for any reason they do not accept the domain or the traffic we send the traffic to our secondary provider which is Ask. The reasons could be that Yahoo thinks it's a TM, they have their head up their a**, Yahoo could be down, they think you are in a country they don't accept traffic from, or they think it's a controversial domain. Controversial is where you have something like an adult domain with teen or girl in it, controversial is basically the idea of having 2 concepts combined that they think are bad. Our Ask feed requires us to send your traffic to either meanwhile.com or mustangranch.com. Meanwhile.com is non-adult and mustangranch.com is adult.

But if you want to send me the domain, I can tell you want Yahoo says about it. In some cases Yahoo doesn get it wrong and we can get them to correct it.

Donny

Across the board about 28% of all initial page views are 1 click domains with Parked.com. Yahoo our primary provider tells us what is a 1 click versus 2 click. There is no flag to make domains go to a 1 click with us or any Yahoo based parking program.

I could go on for days on whether a 1 click or a 2 click domain makes more money. And at the end of those days, none of us would have learned anything. :) But I can tell you one thing that always makes sense, one click domains have a lower smart pricing score/traffic quality score than a 2 click domain.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
We have 3 feeds that we use normally, but I will only comment on the first 2. Our primary feed is Yahoo, if for any reason they do not accept the domain or the traffic we send the traffic to our secondary provider which is Ask. The reasons could be that Yahoo thinks it's a TM, they have their head up their a**, Yahoo could be down, they think you are in a country they don't accept traffic from, or they think it's a controversial domain. Controversial is where you have something like an adult domain with teen or girl in it, controversial is basically the idea of having 2 concepts combined that they think are bad. Our Ask feed requires us to send your traffic to either meanwhile.com or mustangranch.com. Meanwhile.com is non-adult and mustangranch.com is adult.

But if you want to send me the domain, I can tell you want Yahoo says about it. In some cases Yahoo doesn get it wrong and we can get them to correct it.

Donny

Donny
Thanks for the redirecting info. I wondered about the name for a while but since the edition is no longer produced. DodgeRumblebee-com -- if a problem I can...

•••
According to Yahoo, DodgeRumblebee.com is a TM/sensitive domain. So we would redirect it to our Ask feed.

Donny

•••
SDX said:
You CANNOT get service like that of Donny's at Parked ANYWHERE!!! :)

Just want to say .... You are right! Donny is the best :tu:

Rgds,
Paulina :wave:

•••
Donny said:
According to Yahoo, DodgeRumblebee.com is a TM/sensitive domain. So we would redirect it to our Ask feed.

Donny
Thanks for the info.

•••
SDX said:
Hi,

What is the overall opinion with you guys regarding PARKED.COM?

Thanks!

I have no idea since I haven't tried using it. I'll tell u later if I have been accepted in PARKED.COM.

But what about :
Park
And
Reach
Key of
Exquisite
Deal
Click
Over
Money

what about this Donny?

•••
nockzee said:
I have no idea since I haven't tried using it. I'll tell u later if I have been accepted in PARKED.COM.

But what about :
Park
And
Reach
Key of
Exquisite
Deal
Click
Over
Money

what about this Donny?
huh lol

•••
Quick question,

I have a domain parked at parked.com and I got 3 clicks for it today but no visitors?
Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Thanks!

•••
When we process stats, clicks are usually processed before hits. This could be why you are seeing this.

Donny

•••
Wow, two thumbs up for support for the quick reply!

Thanks for clarifying! I've been checking and now I have a visitor for that site =)

•••
Hi....Donny
I,ve send you PM.

•••
Donny,

do you allow popups on parked or any sort of cpm ads? if so, where is the option?

•••
Pop-Ups actually diminish overall revenue :td:

•••
GiddyUp - Sorry I somehow missed your question. We have tried multiple pop-under providers in the past and fairly recently.

Our experience has been basically the same every time. When we add it across the board on a large portion of domains, we gain about 8% in revenue from the pop-under company. But we lose about 10% from the normal parking page revenue. Now that is based on hitting the landing page and doing a pop-under. But if we are talking about a true exit pop-under, we gained 2% in revenue from the pop-under company, and lost 3.5% on the parking revenue.

Personally when we ran this the first time, it didn't make sense that we would lose money on pop-unders. We talked to our original provider and they agreed and we tried different things to try and improve the numbers and it never got any better. We waited about 6 months and tried another provider and we had basically the same numbers. So the third time, I implemented it myself and we still got the same results.

Sure if you have a single domain that gets hundreds/thousands of hits a day and never makes any money, pop-unders might be worth it. But we found that in most of these cases the visitors are bots or image 404's.

We tried, we really tried to get pop-unders to work. Unfortunately, they haven't for us and I don't see any reason for us to add them at this time. And did I mention that some of the largest pop-under companies don't even have account or domain level reporting. That is a nightmare.

Donny

•••
If there's ANY way to keep revenue MAXIMAL...Donny WILL incorporate it! ;)

•••
Will it be Bodis or Parked that comes out as the clear parking winner? ;)

•••
•••
SDX said:
Will it be Bodis or Parked that comes out as the clear parking winner? ;)

I'm getting absolutely insane hits/traffic on Bodis, but my CTR is rather low at this time :(, on Parked i have mediocre hits/traffic but higher CTR.
At this time, keeping in mind that Bodis is very young and is definitely working on improvements, Parked is generating more revenue for me.
Old(er) Age + revenue vs. Young(er) age + ambition and vision = it's a tie.

If Donny would enable custom/upload images and video linking (e.g youtube), it would generate a totally new momentum.

IB

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back