Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tried it with development as the keyword with same result also tried Community and even Bikes but sill some links on the landing page are in German. And with all keyword tried the second page looks just fine all english..

•••
According to Yahoo the domain is a german domain. I just removed that option, so now it should work fine.

Donny

•••
How do i set the lander ot a one click page not two?
What i mean is, i know you can optimize the pics, & keywords etc, but on one domain, people are visiting but not clicking through to links.
what i want for the domain in question so that people will click , they are not doing it with the lander, i want then just to have the link page they click.
Anyway of doing this?

•••
Dooooooooo. big dip today

:'( :'( :'( Dooooooooo. big dip today

•••
arnie said:
How do i set the lander ot a one click page not two?
What i mean is, i know you can optimize the pics, & keywords etc, but on one domain, people are visiting but not clicking through to links.
what i want for the domain in question so that people will click , they are not doing it with the lander, i want then just to have the link page they click.
Anyway of doing this?

anyone? know how to change the lander so visitor has just one page to click?

•••
arnie said:
anyone? know how to change the lander so visitor has just one page to click?

Parked.com cannot do it for you. Its Yahoo who determines whether there are enough advertisers for your keyword to justify a 1 click lander. The only way you can get a 1 click lander is by researching which keywords have tons of advertisers. No other easy way.

Btw, this same topic was discussed on this page before you posted. :)

•••
Hi Donny

Its ALL GOOD now

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
mj85 said:
What provider you use if you dont maind to share

I'm using adwords and other PPC programs.

•••
netmeg said:
Yea, that's one of the main things that made me move my names back to Namedrive from Parked - the landing pages. Even with the great customization that's offered, there's really only so much you can do with what's there.

Same here, Conversion rate was very low, I had no choice but to move them.

mrizos said:
Sorry to say thing here, but those 2 click landers are horrendous. I really feel adding some updated templates would increase the CTR as well.

I agree 100%, And using the term "Horrendous" , Is sorta saying it in a nice way.

Varon said:
Yeah...better 2 click landers can really help our CTR's. After looking at the 2 click landers I had to put in some work to get all 1 click landers to improve my CTR. In fact I had to buy quite a few new names.

No doubt that the stock photo inventory is amazing. But the landers could do much better with bigger font size and a complete makeover. I had written to Donny about this some time back.

Internet users are already aware of parking pages and their standard layouts. So much that, many would just bounce off with one glance at the much popular look. Case to mention would be the standard Sedo templates. While Sedo keeps mentioning that their default templates are very popular, I can hardly believe that statement. For me, that page reads like the Red Stop Sign in Bold.

Parked is awesome for its superb CPC rates, twice a month payments and excellent Customer Support. However, it would be great to see new templates come up. That would benefit us all. The only other point is the "adult warning intro screen". That kills off every potential an adult domain can have. I just wish, that can be taken off.

I agree Varon, Parked is awesome for its superb CPC rates, twice a month payments and excellent Customer Support.

The problem is, I have one single domain there right now, My names DO NOT convert well with those templates. It is not a matter of monetization. a lot of them convert else where fantastic.

I would love to move my complete portfolio to Parked.com, I love the Yahoo syndication feeds, the payment system, Donny is a first class man, But if my names will not convert,I can not use Parked.com.

Bring in the new templates, Donny, Please!!

•••
I absolutely agree with the problematic of static templates. Even though we can add content now, the looks and feel of a parked page are hard to deny. As it's been said, the regular internet users are well accustomed to the typical looks of parked sites and navigate away before giving us a second look.

What would be interesting is an option to either use the template OR build your own site out of a modular toolbox. Links can be integrated into content fields, visuals would make more sense as they'd flow with the content as well. Practically, a "drag and drop" or widget (see wordpress for functionality) approach would be great; left side of the screen the individual modules, right hand side, the page that one wants to build. technically easily doable, the problem is to test it out for the mass amount of domainers that will most definitely make use of it.

Just my .2€ ;)

IB

•••
Fabulous is on the right track when it comes to easy to setup multiple page template layouts. Not saying parked should "copy" them, but emulation... nothing wrong with that! ;)

•••
mj85 said:
Dooooooooo. big dip today

:'( :'( :'( Dooooooooo. big dip today

Seems like on Bodis and other parking programs also...must be the advertisers.

•••
IntelBank.com said:
I absolutely agree with the problematic of static templates. Even though we can add content now, the looks and feel of a parked page are hard to deny. As it's been said, the regular internet users are well accustomed to the typical looks of parked sites and navigate away before giving us a second look.

What would be interesting is an option to either use the template OR build your own site out of a modular toolbox. Links can be integrated into content fields, visuals would make more sense as they'd flow with the content as well. Practically, a "drag and drop" or widget (see wordpress for functionality) approach would be great; left side of the screen the individual modules, right hand side, the page that one wants to build. technically easily doable, the problem is to test it out for the mass amount of domainers that will most definitely make use of it.

Just my .2€ ;)

IB

Building our page would be the ideal thing, Mainly lay out wise, Imo, If i had the XML for Yahoo, I would have my pages so monetized, that visitors couldn't help themselves, But find an ad to click on.

A 100++ percent CTR would be easily attainable, with each visitor clicking more than one ad when they visit.

SDX said:
Seems like on Bodis and other parking programs also...must be the advertisers.

The problem i see with Bodis, Is this.

Having content in the center of parked page, Is not a good thing, Imo, Content period on a purely parked domain, Is not good, Imo

Having the categories in the right place, The navigation very user friendly, and a nice lay out is the key to CTR, Imo

I can make the same results using my WhyPark.com pages, as i can with Bodis, Ad a little center content, Splash Adsense or YPN ads all around it.

whitebark said:
Fabulous is on the right track when it comes to easy to setup multiple page template layouts. Not saying parked should "copy" them, but emulation... nothing wrong with that! ;)

I agree, Bark

Mike has done an outstanding job, with the new fabulous landers, They are just what the doctor ordered for domain parking, If fabulous only used Yahoo syndication, that would sweeten the pot 100%.

Last edited:
•••
Varon said:
Yeah...better 2 click landers can really help our CTR's. After looking at the 2 click landers I had to put in some work to get all 1 click landers to improve my CTR. In fact I had to buy quite a few new names.

No doubt that the stock photo inventory is amazing. But the landers could do much better with bigger font size and a complete makeover. I had written to Donny about this some time back.

Internet users are already aware of parking pages and their standard layouts. So much that, many would just bounce off with one glance at the much popular look. Case to mention would be the standard Sedo templates. While Sedo keeps mentioning that their default templates are very popular, I can hardly believe that statement. For me, that page reads like the Red Stop Sign in Bold.

Parked is awesome for its superb CPC rates, twice a month payments and excellent Customer Support. However, it would be great to see new templates come up. That would benefit us all. The only other point is the "adult warning intro screen". That kills off every potential an adult domain can have. I just wish, that can be taken off.

Parked 2 page landers has similar layout as to smartname AND hitfarm. I think just some work around the formating of the page will make the pages look better like smartname or hitfarm.

HOWEVER, parking panel has by far the most "site like" layout but the ctr is not better than parked. so.. . better look and feel might not = higher CTR

•••
Landing pages and It's pictures are too old.

I would like to add a backgound picture to landing pages,but seems to not possible.

•••
Varon said:
I'm using adwords and other PPC programs.
Varon,

do you mind to share what is your other PPC programs ? and parked accept your traffic ?

thanks

•••
We are working on additional landers, but we also have to consider how it will affect our current ones that are available. I don't want to have layouts that are just designed for Real Estate or Cars, I think that just don't help all of our customers on those with those types of domains. We have plans to add many new features as well as I'm sure all parking companies have plans to offer new layouts in the near future.

It just takes time and a lot of resources to get everything working the way that it should. Fabulous demo'd their new editor I think for over 6 months before it was available. And it's pretty cool. We just plan to add about 3x the amount of tools and options.

And as far as I know there is only 1 provider that will give you an XML feed and none of them are Yahoo based.

Donny

•••
Wonder what happened yesterday - same number of visitors as Monday but 1/7 of the clicks and 1/12 the revenue??

•••
Ok, here's an interesting one:

Domain "X": Zero Visitors - 1 Click => $1.55 Revenue (approved)

ummm...yeah. Ghost users are "en vogue" now? I mean, don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining about the revenue...but where's the user??? :o

IB

•••
IntelBank.com said:
Ok, here's an interesting one:

Domain "X": Zero Visitors - 1 Click => $1.55 Revenue (approved)

ummm...yeah. Ghost users are "en vogue" now? I mean, don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining about the revenue...but where's the user??? :o

IB
:td: :alien: mmmmmmmmmmm

•••
Actually they aren't ghost surfers it's called a situation where Yahoo told us to pay you money even though we didn't track it as a user. We pay what they tell us to pay.

This has been resolved and you shouldn't have this problem anymore.

Donny

Last edited:
•••
All next week I will be at the ICANN meetings in Los Angeles, and I was wondering if anybody was interested in getting together for a few drinks and maybe some dinner on either Friday (11/2) or Saturday (11/3) night. I'll be staying at the Los Angeles Airport Hilton so if possible I would like to get together some place close if possible.

Anybody interested? I'm buying!

Donny

•••
troopscott said:
are parked stats delayed?

Looks like it from here.

•••
Only 20 minutes so far. But they will be delayed for about 2-3 hours. We are starting to prepare for when our new servers are put online in a week or so.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Actually they aren't ghost surfers it's called a situation where Yahoo told us to pay you money even though we didn't track it as a user. We pay what they tell us to pay.

This has been resolved and you shouldn't have this problem anymore.

Donny

Donny, does Yahoo actually give you click data on a per domain basis, contrary to Google?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back