Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
whitebark said:
Well I'd thought I'd never see it - 1 click - 0 cents. wth! Canadian traffic too! Did parked switch to a google feed and not tell us?

Maybe wait until the stats finalize whitebark.

•••
whitebark - Give me an example and the day, technically it is possible. But I only think I have seen it once ever. And it wasn't from our Yahoo or Ask feed.

Donny

•••
I've seen mentioned somewhere that removing the Ask feed from domains at Parked may give one more control over the quality of secondary links. Could someone please elaborate on this. I'm fairly new to parking so really don't know what this means :)

•••
i tried applying for parked.com and was rejected. this was a trifle surprising as my portfolio is a worth several hundred K, though I was a little lazy in listing all my goodies. still, i included fm.net which gets 10k type-ins per month on its own.

i presume someone on here is in a position to revisit this decision and i'm hoping come to a different conclusion. i applied using the email address [email protected] - i hope that's sufficient to find my application record.

•••
bras0746 said:
i tried applying for parked.com and was rejected. this was a trifle surprising as my portfolio is a worth several hundred K, though I was a little lazy in listing all my goodies. still, i included fm.net which gets 10k type-ins per month on its own.

i presume someone on here is in a position to revisit this decision and i'm hoping come to a different conclusion. i applied using the email address [email protected] - i hope that's sufficient to find my application record.

PM sent bras.

•••
bras0746 said:

You are not worth it LOL.

Donny is here, send him direct PM. I'm sure he will assist you.
Regards,
TW

•••
I really like Parked. They have good customer service and great system they always pay on time and are in my opinion very reputable but something has changed. Could the custom text feature lowered the quality index of the sites somehow?

Last edited:
•••
Its very good day for me. Good CTR :hi: :hi:

•••
:( my CTR on a couple sites is dropping for no apparent reason

Last edited:
•••
at last, i have turned off my adwords ppc campaign. i have lost quite a few dollars :(

•••
chenzen said:
at last, i have turned off my adwords ppc campaign. i have lost quite a few dollars :(

I hope we can figure it out .Its not working for me lately either for the last couple days. :'(

Last edited:
•••
The CPC's are tumbling very quickly now... :(

•••
mrizos - quality based pricing phase #3 has affected a lot of people in different ways. Some people have gone up and some down. I wish I knew exactly how everything had changed but right now I still don't completely understand.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
mrizos - quality based pricing phase #3 has affected a lot of people in different ways. Some people have gone up and some down. I wish I knew exactly how everything had changed but right now I still don't completely understand.

Donny

No problem Donny, I suppose we are all in the same boat. Thanks for the personal attention btw.

•••
Donny does'nt Parked communicate with its feed providers? Don't you guys have a customer rep with Yahoo and Ask and whoever else. Maybe you could ask them.I cant imagine how they could rate different sites within your system differently. They were identical for the most part until the custom feature. This is not a complaint about Parked just trying to figure out how optimize things.

Last edited:
•••
chenzen said:

Strangely I had around 12 clicks adjusted for Bot traffic from Adwords. That's pretty disturbing considering my high CPC for the campaign. I'm going to follow this up with Google. For now I have completely closed off Canada and just geo targeting US.

•••
So are we allowed to use PPC campaigns now? Their ToS say we're not but it seems as if it's being done on quite a large scale here. How do we know which rules we have to obey and which we can ignore? Are any other methods of promotion allowed?

Below is an extract from their Tos:

Permitted, compensated traffic can originate from two sources only:
type in (direct navigation) traffic and
existing search engine results/expired traffic.

All other types of traffic including bought traffic, traffic driven by PPC campaigns, traffic directed from hyperlinks are not permitted. If your traffic originates from any sources other than type-in and search engine traffic, you will not be entitled to payment as per this Agreement. Regular checks are carried out and we reserve the right to suspend any domain from our Service at any time, on our sole discretion, if we reasonably believe that you have violated this Agreement; for example, if we suspect that the traffic on your domain is bought, generated or redirected in any way that contravenes these terms and conditions. You may view your parked pages to ensure they are correctly set up, but you may not click any of the advertising links.

•••
CoolMark said:
So are we allowed to use PPC campaigns now? Their ToS say we're not but it seems as if it's being done on quite a large scale here. How do we know which rules we have to obey and which we can ignore? Are any other methods of promotion allowed?

Below is an extract from their Tos:

Permitted, compensated traffic can originate from two sources only:
type in (direct navigation) traffic and
existing search engine results/expired traffic.

All other types of traffic including bought traffic, traffic driven by PPC campaigns, traffic directed from hyperlinks are not permitted. If your traffic originates from any sources other than type-in and search engine traffic, you will not be entitled to payment as per this Agreement. Regular checks are carried out and we reserve the right to suspend any domain from our Service at any time, on our sole discretion, if we reasonably believe that you have violated this Agreement; for example, if we suspect that the traffic on your domain is bought, generated or redirected in any way that contravenes these terms and conditions. You may view your parked pages to ensure they are correctly set up, but you may not click any of the advertising links.
Just Do what work for you man

•••
Sad thing is, it has been discussed time and time again that parked does allow PPC campaigns. We are openly discussing our campaign outcomes here, that makes it clear enough.

From what I understand, if you run a clean good traffic quality PPC campaign with relevant traffic from the US/Canada.. you should be fine. However, if you run any artificial illegitimate click bots to play with the system, you'll be thrown out. Plus, if you start writing articles on blogs etc asking people to click on your ads, you are again in a grey area.

Last edited:
•••
Do what is legitimate...and you shall be rewarded! :tu:
Fraud nor crime NEVER pays in the long run! ;)

•••
SDX said:
Do what is legitimate...and you shall be rewarded! :tu:
Fraud nor crime NEVER pays in the long run! ;)

I thought they always say...nice guys finish last
:hehe:

•••
mrizos said:
I thought they always say...nice guys finish last
:hehe:

Not with PARKED! ;)

•••
Varon said:
Sad thing is, it has been discussed time and time again that parked does allow PPC campaigns. .

Agree with sad... We should not be discussing arbitrage..It's driving everyones cost up.

I want to get together with others on the subject but open forums are not good for the industry. :yell:

•••
Donny,

Does the ask feed allow one page landers?

•••
Well I finally got up enough guts to apply for a parked account today. Hopefully I get in as I have heard great things about parked.com Wish me luck!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back