IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps what they really mean is "direct-deposit" (ACH), since they don't specifically mention that anywhere in the text.

Bank wire transfer is difficult to automate safely; requires time to ensure correct amount, destination, etc since bank wire transfers are final once completed unlike direct-deposit, which can be reversed for quite some time afterwards.

Ron

•••
There are banks out there that do have automated wire transfer services.

Even Citibank had it for a while, but now they have discontinued it. They will have it again in the future.

PS
We have $1000 minimum for wires.

•••
Gotta love Parked.com

cfguru360 said:
PS

Welcome to the Parked.com thread cfguru360, glad you finally saw the light, heard you were having problems.....Well let me tell ya, you've got a good home now.

Last edited:
•••
cfguru360 said:
There are banks out there that do have automated wire transfer services.

Even Citibank had it for a while, but now they have discontinued it. They will have it again in the future.

PS

Thanks for the info Matt! :tu:
And YES, Welcome to PARKED.COM!...the "other" super long thread on Namepros! :lol:

•••
Donny,

Anyway to switch to a ask feed for a particular domain? (instead of yahoo?) Looks like ask feed is actually paying more for me due to the funny quality score discount I'm getting (50%!).

•••
Personally, I'm loving PARKED.COM. I get fast responses, great ads / pages, and powerful tools with fast updates.

•••
hitchhiker - Just send something to your account manager, they can do it.

Donny

•••
Must do something soon

I really need to develop my Aussie Name
www.parked.com.au

•••
Basically it's been on a domain by domain basis from what we have seen so far and the CTR seems to have gone up some, but the RPC has gone down. I'm still working with Yahoo to try and understand all of the changes.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Basically it's been on a domain by domain basis from what we have seen so far and the CTR seems to have gone up some, but the RPC has gone down. I'm still working with Yahoo to try and understand all of the changes.

Donny

I've noticed the same thing. CTR up and CPC down. My best domain was averaging .23 a click and now it's averaging .17.
:(

I'm kinda new to parked, so I don't really have a feel for the "up and down" cycle.

•••
exponent said:
Personally, I'm loving PARKED.COM. I get fast responses, great ads / pages, and powerful tools with fast updates.

Glad to hear that!! :tu:

•••
When parked payments by paypal are sent?, im waiting for it...

•••
german2006 said:
When parked payments by paypal are sent?, im waiting for it...

On the 7th AND 22nd...ON THE DOT! :tu:

•••
I agree - bizarre to see little kids pics in an adult category - the domain itself appears to be correctly located in adult, since one gets the 18+ splash screen beforehand.

In the meantime, a quick fix is remove "adoptions" from the keywords ... or have you done that already?

Ron

•••
troopscott said:
but the adoptions are the basis of the domain as it the first word lesbiAn I THINK IT IS GETTING CONFUSED sorry for caps and dosent really know what to do with it

It thinks "lesbian" is automatically an "adult keyword"...which really is not necessarily true.

•••
Thats odd because i use lesbians as a keyword and it does'nt come up as an adult site... must be site by site or

Last edited:
•••
Ah ok ... well, try using another keyword in place of lesbian, such as "gay", "same sex", etc in the meantime to see if that does anything.

Ultimately, Parked will likely need to create a new sub-category within "adoption".

With all that said, your experience has highlighted a bug in Parked's system - if a domain is considered "adult", it shouldn't show kids or other non-adult stuff.

Ron

•••
Hi Guys, I'm sort of new to parking (let me just get that out of the way)

I have a site on parked.com that has about a 90% CTR and (used) to have a RPC of .23.

In the past 2 weeks my rpc has steadily fallen...now I'm at a .15

Is there anything I can do to try and get my RPC back up, or do things just sort of fluctuate with parking? :td:

•••
mrizos said:

I have a site on parked.com that has about a 90% CTR and (used) to have a RPC of .23.

Is there anything I can do to try and get my RPC back up, or do things just sort of fluctuate with parking? :td:

Are you driving traffic to this domain or is this natural traffic?

•••
troopscott - http://www.lesbianadoptions.net is not an adult domain. Our system by default tries to find the phrase "lesbian adoptions" which currently we don't have in our system so then on the fly it tries to decide to use either lesbian or adoptions and it goes with adoptions as being more relevant. If I add the phrase it will make a big difference on what the domain looks like. Just let me know.

Donny

•••
It's a non-adult site for me right now. And I didn't change anything.

Donny

•••
mrizos said:

Im getting very similar drops as well... average RPC from around 24-25 cents down to 17-19 cents over the past few weeks...have seen about $30/day in revenue decline

•••
GiddyUp said:
Im getting very similar drops as well... average RPC from around 24-25 cents down to 17-19 cents over the past few weeks...have seen about $30/day in revenue decline
You are not alone....

•••
wow, good to know I'm not alone.

•••
Well I'd thought I'd never see it - 1 click - 0 cents. wth! Canadian traffic too! Did parked switch to a google feed and not tell us?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back