Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are stats going to be updated more frequently from today Donny?

•••
•••
netmeg said:
I'm noticing some of my sites got spidered by google as www.example.com/spidertrap.php - is that normal?

I've noticed many of mine like that so I guess it's normal but not sure if or how bad it is on the name.

•••
What is the highest CPC that you have recieved for any domains ? Just want to compare with other providers before transferring names here.

•••
troopscott said:
donny that was a 2 click last time you showedit how did you get it to 1 click?

They can't handle a domain to be 1-click or 2-click.AA can't do it too.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
SpiderTrap.php was a way for us to determine what was a spider and what was a normal person. The code itself has been turned off for about 6 months the only thing that is still there is the url, which redirects to landing page. But possibly because of a change in Google they are now only showing the spidertrap.php page. We now have it just going to a blank page until we can remove the url from the html itself.

Donny

•••
I guess my only concerns were the search engines and potential visitors frowning on such a link.
Other than that, No biggy.

•••
Last edited:
•••
DNPresident, we are removing it now so we don't have to worry about it in the future.

mj85 - We are still finalizing the "I couldn't login to my account but I was still making money" compensation plan. It will just be added on our next payments. I should have something finalized tomorrow.

Donny

•••
Thanks , Donny , By the way good job

•••
any reason why my rev was 6 dollars in the morning and now it's 4? :(

•••
mrizos - That's why they are estimates. We look for fraud, multiple clicks, etc... I'm not saying you are doing fraud, but you may have a surfer tha comes in and clicks 100 times in 2 seconds and sometimes we can't we can't stop it on the front end.

Donny

•••
Donny, are referral STATS coming soon?
I LOVE STATS! B-)

•••
I was always looking for something like this. I never heard of parked.com before I joined this forum. This is great! Think I'll go and signup with them, only problem is that I don't have 10 domains yet. Guess I have to wait until I buy 10 domains first.

•••
SDX - You mean where I tell you were you got your referrals from? If so, go click on the referral link and it's in there. If you are talking about something else, let me kinow.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
SDX - You mean where I tell you were you got your referrals from? If so, go click on the referral link and it's in there. If you are talking about something else, let me kinow.

Donny

I mean whether you could incorporate "Real Time" STATS for Referral Earnings Donny.

•••
Probably won't happen anytime soon. Many problems with that, but the most important is if we have to terminate somebody for some reason and we have to return the revenue we then have to pull it from you as well. This happened to me at another affiliate program when I somehow referred a VERY large company and then they pulled all my money and I wasn't happy. I'm not saying we won't offer it, but it's just not at the top of the list.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Probably won't happen anytime soon. Many problems with that, but the most important is if we have to terminate somebody for some reason and we have to return the revenue we then have to pull it from you as well. This happened to me at another affiliate program when I somehow referred a VERY large company and then they pulled all my money and I wasn't happy. I'm not saying we won't offer it, but it's just not at the top of the list.

Donny

Ok. I understand.

How about SPEEDING up OUR stats Donny?

•••
SDX said:
Ok. I understand.

How about SPEEDING up OUR stats Donny?
You need a dedicated account manager :lol:

•••
I guess I missed that one by SDX. :) We want to make sure that the stats are being updated on time, so instead of trying to push too hard we are taking our time getting them updated. They are taking about 15 minutes right now to process so we are running them at the top of each hour. And not a single delay yet. We will drop in down to 30 minute updates soon. And maybe 15 minutes before we get in the new hardware. I've always wanted a super computer, now we will have 2. :)

Donny

•••
vbigdeli said:
You need a dedicated account manager :lol:

Yes...Donny! :)

Donny said:
I guess I missed that one by SDX. :) We want to make sure that the stats are being updated on time, so instead of trying to push too hard we are taking our time getting them updated. They are taking about 15 minutes right now to process so we are running them at the top of each hour. And not a single delay yet. We will drop in down to 30 minute updates soon. And maybe 15 minutes before we get in the new hardware. I've always wanted a super computer, now we will have 2. :)

Donny

Thanks Donny...Sounds Awesome! B-)

•••
Few q's
are we 100% sure clicks have been tracked 100%?
look at this

16 <- went down here

my clicks are pretty stable and never really drop like that ??

also what are they doing for the bonus from down time??

•••
Oh Ok, I thought stats were stats and not estimates (i'm kinda new to using parked). At what point do stats become final?

Donny said:
mrizos - That's why they are estimates. We look for fraud, multiple clicks, etc... I'm not saying you are doing fraud, but you may have a surfer tha comes in and clicks 100 times in 2 seconds and sometimes we can't we can't stop it on the front end.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back