NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A DDOS Attack?

Someone mentioned a DDOS attack as the reason for the shutdown. Is that a fact or just speculation? I think its important to keep rumors to a minimum and let Donny and the Parked team have the space to get things back up and running.

I, for one, think Parked is awesome and couldn't be happier with the customer service, excellent RPC, and on time payments.

In the meantime, anybody got any ideas about how to use the Meta Tags and Title options for SEO?

•••
Transferred all of my domains to parked last week and while I'm bummed out about the downtime I am sure that the guys are doing everything they can to sort it out as quickly as possible.

I have been so impressed by the parked setup already and they genuinely seem to make every effort to ensure that they run a very proffessional outfit.

Best of Luck everyone at parked!

ak

•••
Parked seems to be under DDOS attack..!

•••
Donny, how's the situation? Can you give us a brief update?

Thanks,

IB

•••
If it is a DDOS attack then someone has to track down the scumbags who are doing it.
Wasn't there someone last month (could be wrong) who got DDOS attacked?????

Very dodgy indeed.............. :td:

ak

•••
phantom4444 said:
If it is a DDOS attack then someone has to track down the scumbags who are doing it.

ak

It has the hallmarks of a DDOS. Servers can't take that long to get backup and running. Just my opinion (since I work on about 200 of them daily).

•••
site is still down. incredible.

•••
mrizos said:
It has the hallmarks of a DDOS. Servers can't take that long to get backup and running. Just my opinion (since I work on about 200 of them daily).

:|
It's really amazing they can keep the stats correct through all this. Seems like, where they were already running sooo far behind they would eventually get to the point of no return.

They say stats aren't effected so I'm hangin in there!

•••
jmac said:
Hey all,

This is Jim, an account manager from Parked. I just wanted to get you guys up to speed on the situation.
As previously mentioned one of our servers had some serious issues over the weekend. I know Donny and our IT crew have been working hard to resolve the problem, but with little luck until this morning when we finally got the server back up. We are basically rebuilding the database on the server as I type this. Before I go any further I want to reassure you that while the parked.com site was down, all parked sites were still up and running. All stats and raw data from visitors and clicks are stored and just waiting for us to crunch the numbers. That said, it will take some time. We do not want to bring Parked.com back up until we have all stats run through and up to date. We want to make sure everything is 100% before getting it back online. If all goes well, that should be sometime tonight. In the interim, as we do process the stats from the past few days we will be sending out emails with each day's stat summary as they are finalized. Donny is hard at work getting things back to normal, which is why he is not posting this himself. Myself and other account managers will be watching the forums all day and will try and answer any questions you might have.

from DNF

•••
phantom4444 said:

ak

Yah, Namedrive.

•••
Hang in there guys! :)
Patience shall be rewarded! B-)

•••
I just want to confirm the information in post sugimail made regarding the issues we are having at Parked.com. While we are having issues with the stats server, we are working diligently to rectify the situation. All of the stats have been stored and we will be sending out emails to update you on the past few days as we get the numbers crunched. We will bring the site back up once we are back up to date. We appologize for the inconvenience, but we will have the site back up as soon as possible. We will be monitoring this board throughout the day to address any questions you may have.

Thanks again for your patience.

Monte White
Account Manager
Parked.com

One other thing I should mention, These problems didn't stem from a DDOS attack.

•••
Cool, thanks for the update

•••
?

Will we still get paid i love your service killing me i cant login and continue ...

•••
namedesire said:
Will we still get paid i love your service killing me i cant login and continue ...

You will absolutely get paid. Again, we have all of the stats and raw data for the time you have been unable to log in. We don't want to put the site back up until we get all of the numbers 100% up to the minute. The reason we are waiting until the numbers are up to the minute is because we are fairly certain that the first thing people are going to want to do when we put the site back up is to check their stats. If we have everyone hammering the stat server while we are trying to update it, it will make the process take much longer. Hang with us, we are making quite a bit of progress and should have everything back up this evening. We appreciate your patience.

Monte

•••
Monte : welcome to the forum :) I wanna park some domains there and I am losing $$ now.. :td: :(

•••
vbigdeli said:
Monte : welcome to the forum :) I wanna park some domains there and I am losing $$ now.. :td: :(

Thanks for the welcome, I wish it was under better circumstances. Believe me, I feel your pain. We'll have things back up as soon as possible. We want you to park those domains here too. :)

•••
mwhite said:
You will absolutely get paid. Again, we have all of the stats and raw data for the time you have been unable to log in. We don't want to put the site back up until we get all of the numbers 100% up to the minute. The reason we are waiting until the numbers are up to the minute is because we are fairly certain that the first thing people are going to want to do when we put the site back up is to check their stats. If we have everyone hammering the stat server while we are trying to update it, it will make the process take much longer. Hang with us, we are making quite a bit of progress and should have everything back up this evening. We appreciate your patience.

Monte
What i definitely have to credit you with is responsiveness. When one (Donny) cannot respond due to workload, another team member registers at NP and delivers an update. From a managerial and customer service standpoint, that's the type of performance that instills confidence in your clients. Thanks! :)

IB

•••
Our spanish-forum users are worried about this too, Im telling them what's going on...

Its not DDOS cause everyone can access their website.

I also did move like 80 domains to parked.com last week , and I will move more as sonn as the site is back...

•••
this is really not good

very tempted to move but park is really the best
i REALLY hope they are truely still tracking :(

•••
IntelBank.com said:
What i definitely have to credit you with is responsiveness. When one (Donny) cannot respond due to workload, another team member registers at NP and delivers an update. From a managerial and customer service standpoint, that's the type of performance that instills confidence in your clients. Thanks! :)

IB

AAA RATED SERVICE....

G-IRL.COM N-ASCAR.COM PURELOVE.TV CARWRECK.TV RECIPECARD.TV

•••
I have recently received this e-mail...

Subject: "Parked.com Stats Update for 2007-09-06"

but it is empty.... :?

•••
We are getting closer to getting things back up. We are currently in the process of sending out emails to anyone who generated revenue on Thursday with your daily stats for that day. Once Fridays numbers are run through we will do the same until we get them up to the minute. Once that happens, the site will be back online. Again, I realize this is a bit of the pain in the butt and many of you have things you want to update in your account. Hang with us and we will have things up as soon as possible. Thanks again for your patience.

•••
german2006 said:

I rcvd email, it has seemingly accurate stats in it though.

•••
german2006 said:

Not sure why it wouldn't show. In any event, check your PM's.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back