Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This is the official discussion thread for NamePros LIVE Domain Name Auctions

To find out what the NEXT live auction is:
http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/592240-next-live-auction-at-namepros.html

We're essentially going to have 4 different formats for the live auctions:

1. $1 start, No Reserve Auctions
- All lots start at $1 with no reserve
- Fee: 50np$ listing fee per lot

2. No Reserve Auctions
- Bidding starts at reserve price
- Fee: 250np$ per lot

3. Regular Live Auctions
- Multiformats:
-- $1 no reserve lots
-- Reserve Price lots
- All TLDs welcome
- Fee: 250np$ per lot

4. Premium Live Auctions
- High value domains or lots only
- Fee: 1000np$ per lot

Fees are subject to change without notice.
Please note: You can now have upto 4 lots in each auction. :tu:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what is reserve price's connection with him buying/selling 4 figure or higher price tag domains???
Dont try and flame other members, until and unless you've made a valid point wit reasons..

respect everyone and their opinion!!

Because four figure + auctions are an entirely different world than chasing after XVQZ.com on ebay for $3.99.
The auction psychology behind reserves has a basis in reality and people who are prone to buying better stuff generally understand this. It isn't "annoying" that a seller of a bigger ticket item may want to harness the excitement of a real time auction without leaving their assets unprotected, absent a reserve price. Secondly, reserves are often the harbinger of higher bids, as bidders intent on owning the lot run up to meet it.

To people who have bid on or sold better things at auctions, reserve prices @ real time auctions are no big deal (and not "annoying"). They're about as standard as water to a lake. To people who are used to transacting in garbage, they're "annoying" (I guess) because garbage doesn't warrant a reserve price to begin with, even though so many sellers seem to think it does.

If the namepros real time auction is ever going to attract names that generate buzz, they must have some sort of reserve protocols in place. The people who will be buying such names will not be "annoyed" by the existence of a reserve.

Is my point "valid enough" for you :|

Last edited:
•••
BUT you are completely bypassing the BIGGER piece of auction psychology: the impulse bidder. You'd be pretty damn stupid to believe your RandomDomain.com was worth mid $x,xxx just because ppl bid up to it. Impulse buying happens at ALL auctions -- whether eBay or here.

So your post was kinda "annoying" to read.
(Although I respect your input)

Because four figure + auctions are an entirely different world than chasing after XVQZ.com on ebay for $3.99.
The auction psychology behind reserves has a basis in reality and people who are prone to buying better stuff generally understand this. It isn't "annoying" that a seller of a bigger ticket item may want to harness the excitement of a real time auction without leaving their assets unprotected, absent a reserve price. Secondly, reserves are often the harbinger of higher bids, as bidders intent on owning the lot run up to meet it.

To people who have bid on or sold better things at auctions, reserve prices @ real time auctions are no big deal (and not "annoying"). They're about as standard as water to a lake. To people who are used to transacting in garbage, they're "annoying" (I guess) because garbage doesn't warrant a reserve price to begin with, even though so many sellers seem to think it does.

If the namepros real time auction is ever going to attract names that generate buzz, they must have some sort of reserve protocols in place. The people who will be buying such names will not be "annoyed" by the existence of a reserve.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Also: this is an DOMAINER forum -- with RESELLERS. Don't expect extremely good names here at every corner or you'll be disappointed.

•••
The site's main upper banner states that the queue for the next auction will open Sunday; it is already Monday. I appreciate all the auctions, but to make them successful, it's important to be reliable.

update: Banner has been fixed with an updated announcement.

Last edited:
•••
Respect your opinion about it, however nah I aint really satisfied with your SO called valid point! You or your reserve price lovers aint the only one wandering these forums, and people like us dont have all the time in the world to waste wit waiting in auction queue on crappy domains with nonsensical reserve price set by the seller cuz he thinks his domain should of $xxxxxxxxx value.

Most of the forums are basically reseller type where the chance of hitting a jackpot (end user) is very slim, normally one in a millionth.

I'll repeat once again for you bud: While making such flaming posts, keep other community members in mind and do respect their opinion.

P.S. let me ask you this, if you dont mind me asking: have you ever participated, won or own a domain worth $1000+??

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

So your post was kinda "annoying" to read.

Even though his post was directed towards you, but it was definitely annoying and disrespectful !! :imho:

•••
Respect your opinion about it, however nah I aint really satisfied with your SO called valid point! You or your reserve price lovers aint the only one wandering these forums, and people like us dont have all the time in the world to waste wit waiting in auction queue on crappy domains with nonsensical reserve price set by the seller cuz he thinks his domain should of $xxxxxxxxx value. Most of the forums are basically reseller type where the chance of hitting a jackpot (end user) is very slim, normally one in a millionth.

As I've clearly stated, this is why you must have some sort of vetting for quality for a live auction. Period. Some people must be told "sorry, your domain does not meet our thresholds for quality to warrant admission into our live auction..." and yeah, maybe they'll 'feel hurt' and maybe they'll stomp off, but who cares. No one will give a rats ass about an auction that is filled with garbage and the only way to prevent that from happening is to vet the submissions for quality.

Your issue with reserve prices seems to be similar to my issue with junk names being allowed in the first place. You're annoyed by reserves being put on dumb names, I'm annoyed that dumb names are even put into a live auction setting to begin with.

I'll repeat once again for you bud: While making such flaming posts, keep other community members in mind and do respect their opinion.

Because some peoples opinions are dumb. Just because one has a "right to an opinion" doesn't somehow magically cloak that opinion with a degree of validity. It's entire possible to have an opinion that is stupid, incorrect and worthy of criticism.

P.S. let me ask you this, if you dont mind me asking: have you ever participated, won or own a domain worth $1000+??

Yes, yes and yes.

Last edited:
•••
This argument will never end.. however can you share some of your $1000+ WON domains?

And I wonder why you dont have a domain name for your domian blog which is being hosted wit blogspot: domainandwaffle.blogspot.com

As I've clearly stated, this is why you must have some sort of vetting for quality for a live auction. Period. Some people must be told "sorry, your domain does not meet our thresholds for quality to warrant admission into our live auction..." and yeah, maybe they'll 'feel hurt' and maybe they'll stomp off, but who cares. No one will give a rats ass about an auction that is filled with garbage and the only way to prevent that from happening is to vet the submissions for quality.

Your issue with reserve prices seems to be similar to my issue with junk names being allowed in the first place. You're annoyed by reserves being put on dumb names, I'm annoyed that dumb names are even put into a live auction setting to begin with.

Because some peoples opinions are dumb. Just because one has a "right to an opinion" doesn't somehow magically cloak that opinion with a degree of validity. It's entire possible to have an opinion that is stupid, incorrect and worthy of criticism.

Yes, yes and yes.

•••

Yes but if this happened in EVERY auction, what'd be the point?

I agree with you but that's a fallibility of humans -- unless we had a mod to check, we'll see dumb & high-reserve domains.

We all have opinions

Yes, yes and yes.

Does Snnapnames count?

•••
So when do the next auction held?
23 july?
but still cant add domains

•••
Don't see the notice? Top of every page:

We are upgrading our auction system. The live auction event scheduled for this week has been canceled.

So when do the next auction held?
23 july?
but still cant add domains

•••
•••
I closed my top banner announcements too. I'm curious to see when the next auction will be.

Note to admins: For those of us who have closed the top banner announcements, please make a new announcement rather than editing the existing ones.

No, i cant see any notice
Maybe i closed it last week :(

•••
I will double check with the Auction Team and then post back here when I know the date of the next Auction.

•••
This argument will never end.. however can you share some of your $1000+ WON domains?

Sure. If you're willing to call me a liar and put your money where your mouth is via escrow, I'll happily share one. Otherwise, I find absolutely no incentive in "proving" myself to random people on the internet when the only thing they have invested in the deal is asking an open-ended question.

And I wonder why you dont have a domain name for your domian blog which is being hosted wit blogspot: domainandwaffle.blogspot.com

It must be because I don't own any domain names :o

•••
All right all right all RIGHT! We are ALL professionals. Let's agree to disagree on this since it's a question that likely has no ending. Let's move on. :)

•••
Sure. If you're willing to call me a liar and put your money where your mouth is via escrow, I'll happily share one. Otherwise, I find absolutely no incentive in "proving" myself to random people on the internet when the only thing they have invested in the deal is asking an open-ended question.

It must be because I don't own any domain names :o

WOW!! you're soo cool cuz you can come out in open asking others about if they have participated in $xxxx+ auctions or not, and on the other hand have nothing to backup your statements or to prove your own participation in similar events.

Few words of suggestion from this randomer for your BIG mouth, PLEASE DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH UNTIL AND UNLESS YOU CAN BACK YOUR STATEMENTS CUZ YOU ARE COMMENTING ABOUT RANDOM PPL IN A REPUTABLE OPEN FORUM! :|:bah:

Last edited:
•••
Ok guys, lets can the melodrama.

Please remove any insulting comments from your posts.

And lets keep the discussion on topic and civil.

Last edited:
•••
When will the next live auction be held?

•••
it would be good to restore the regularity of the domain auction season.

•••
Jennifer and myself will be working this week to have the new Auction Schedule put together, along with an Auction team so that when either Jenn or I are not available, the Auctions can still continue. Once the schedule is completed I will post back here.

•••
Jennifer and myself will be working this week to have the new Auction Schedule put together, along with an Auction team so that when either Jenn or I are not available, the Auctions can still continue. Once the schedule is completed I will post back here.

Thanks for the update :tu:

•••
I miss auctions :( hope to see them back soon, hopefully with the new auction system and bring back the np live banner too, it worked really well attracting people to the auction as I noticed the first week you had that up there were more chat participants than usual in the auction.

•••
I miss auctions :( hope to see them back soon, hopefully with the new auction system and bring back the np live banner too, it worked really well attracting people to the auction as I noticed the first week you had that up there were more chat participants than usual in the auction.

good point.

•••
Great. Hope to see a schedule soon. IMO, A monthly auction would probably be about right.

•••
I apologize for the delay on this. I had a family emergency and have been away for several days. We are meeting tomorrow and will hopefully be able to get the new schedule out shortly thereafter.

•••
I've gone through one recently -- the family of a good friend's but it wasn't pleasant. Nevertheless, hope that all is well and things will get back on track -- not just with NP but your life, in general -- soon. :)

I apologize for the delay on this. I had a family emergency and have been away for several days. We are meeting tomorrow and will hopefully be able to get the new schedule out shortly thereafter.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back