Dynadot

Never Sell A Domain Name On Ebay!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wibrodomains

Account Closed
Impact
MY PROBLEM--SOLD A DOMAIN NAME PR3.NET ON EBAY.COM
THE DOMAIN SOLD FOR $255.00 ---BUYER PAID FOR IT AND THEY I TRANSFERRED IT---WHEN I TRANSFERRED IT THE PERSON LIVED IN THE US---2 HOURS LATER I LOOKED UP THE WHOIS AND HE NOW LIVES IN ROMAINA.WELL EBAY CANCELLED THE AUCTION AFTER HE PAID FOR IT.THEN 12 HOURS LATER PAYPAL CHARGEBACK CAME IN.SO I AM HOPING GODADY CAN GET THAT DOMAIN BACK FOR ME---

CROOKED GUYS INFO THAT STOLED PR3.NET

Technical Contact:
Dorobantu Marian [email protected]
bd tomis nr 68
Constanta, 8700
Romania

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you "Willingly" push or allow a Transfer - You can't complain about the Registrar .... Complain about the Service used to receive the funds.

•••
Mark said:
If you "Willingly" push or allow a Transfer - You can't complain about the Registrar .... Complain about the Service used to receive the funds.
But a little help would be nice, when fraud takes place with the payment!

•••
Malaysia said:
this thread makes me wonder..
which registrar is more reliable in such situations..
which registrars will help u to get back the domain
and how many successful domainers got back their domain

i always hear domain thefts but i wonder wat can a domainer do to protect all their domains safely wif peace of mind? any ideas?

Since executives from Moniker and afternic and sedo frequent the boards...you can ask direct questions...I feel safer with them than a godaddy "type" company that you will have trouble contacting.

•••
this is not a case of domain theft from a registrar.

•••
Praise the Lord i got my domain back PR3.net

The guy gave up----I guess my 500 emails to everybody drove him nuts

The domain is in my account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this is very rare to get one back after it was stolen but i am so dam happy!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Wow, that's wonderful! I'm happy for you.

•••
Glad you got your domain back! That's great news :)

Lesson Learned: NEVER transfer a domain till payment is secure and clear!
Cause initiating a transfer on your own, leaves only one
person to blame!

•••
happy for you :)

wibrodomains said:
The guy gave up----I guess my 500 emails to everybody drove him nut
... erhhh, but who are those "everybody"... 500?! a bit too many.. :)

•••
wibrodomains said:
That means i am going to hire attorney and go after the crook.Thanks Chris
After about 75 minutes you'll begin losing money on this $255 sale....

•••
Got my domain back --Guy gave up

•••
•••
Looks like you owe GoDaddy an apology - you are lucker than some to actually get your domain back in such a situation.

Anyways, glad to see it all worked out :)

Ron

•••
Still not happy with Godaddy.com----They should not have Undo department when they do not even help you out---

Still have one more domain to get for a fellow namepro member

•••
Yofie said:
But a little help would be nice, when fraud takes place with the payment!

In a perfect world - Nothing like this would happen ;)

BUT - It still isn't the Registrars responsibility to make sure you were paid , It's the sellers responsibility no matter what Services you are using ... Sad But True.

Congrats on getting the name back - :tu: Glad all worked out for you -

BTW Jamie , You are one of the very few I'll buy domains from on Ebay :laugh: Though it has been a while since I've bought anything on there ;)

•••
mis_chiff said:
Glad you got your domain back! That's great news :)

Lesson Learned: NEVER transfer a domain till payment is secure and clear!
Cause initiating a transfer on your own, leaves only one
person to blame!
This can simply happen to anybody. Heck he could of waited 30 Days to push the domain and still had a chargeback happen.

We all just need to push to credit card companies that there should be NO Chargebacks allowed when used for buying a Domain Name/Virtual Product. OR, there just needs to be a Cheaper Escrow service.

Good work Chris!

Last edited:
•••
Cheap escrow service I used for domains is Moneybookers.. They take 1% of any transaction (I think a minimum of $2). Though it is not the perfect escrow service, it is a cheap one, that I use with confidence for bigger transactions (but not very big ones)

•••
wibrodomains said:
Still not happy with Godaddy.com----They should not have Undo department when they do not even help you out---
That depends on the circumstances. There isn't any one-size-fits-all solution
to domain hijackings, despite what some people seem to want to believe.

Anyway, good also to read you got the domain name back.

•••
Excellent news! Happy to see that you've got your domain back in your account.

•••
Hard to imagine that a thief returned it - perhaps Godaddy, seeing the fuss you made here at NP, checked the ebay sale and saw you were right?

•••
The thief returned it. I think he got scared.

•••
•••
Thats great to hear. Now that its back, make sure to be careful who your dealing with from this point forward.

Justin

•••
Just an update on my end..... Wibrodomains also did the leg work and got my domain back as well. 7RC.net ! Great work man and thanks again for all your help!!

•••
who did he send the 500 emails to? What did they say? Btw..congrats on getting it back!

•••
Lets just say the guys world will be crashing down on him very soon----

Glad to help you out Yofie----I know there's more domains he took just do not know which ones---

Yes i did send out over 500 emails in 4 days

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back