Domain Empire

Never Sell A Domain Name On Ebay!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wibrodomains

Account Closed
Impact
MY PROBLEM--SOLD A DOMAIN NAME PR3.NET ON EBAY.COM
THE DOMAIN SOLD FOR $255.00 ---BUYER PAID FOR IT AND THEY I TRANSFERRED IT---WHEN I TRANSFERRED IT THE PERSON LIVED IN THE US---2 HOURS LATER I LOOKED UP THE WHOIS AND HE NOW LIVES IN ROMAINA.WELL EBAY CANCELLED THE AUCTION AFTER HE PAID FOR IT.THEN 12 HOURS LATER PAYPAL CHARGEBACK CAME IN.SO I AM HOPING GODADY CAN GET THAT DOMAIN BACK FOR ME---

CROOKED GUYS INFO THAT STOLED PR3.NET

Technical Contact:
Dorobantu Marian [email protected]
bd tomis nr 68
Constanta, 8700
Romania

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can request the ebay contact information of the person who won your auction. Call them and make sure they are the person who actually bid on your domain before you push it.

Requesting a member’s contact information

You can request another member's contact information only if you are currently or recently involved in a bid or sale with that member.

To request a member’s contact information:

1. Click the “Advanced Search” link located at the top of most eBay pages.

2. On the left side of the page under Search, click the “Find Contact Information” link.

3. Enter the member’s User ID and the item number of the item you’re trading with that member.

4. Click the Search button.

The information you request will be emailed to your registered eBay email address. This information can only be used in accordance with eBay's Privacy Policy. The member whose information you are requesting will also receive your contact information.

•••
Problem Godaddy is giving me a hard time---They keeping on saying hire a laywer.Its an Ebay thing they say---Told them item number was voided out---No contract---Not an Ebay no more----

•••
Godaddy.com Sucks Lost Pr3.net Warning

Even though i have spent over $2,000 this year on domains with Godaddy.com they are no help---Godaddy will not help because i sold the domain on ebay---So if you sell a domain on Ebay and its registered on Godaddy you better make dam sure you use Escrow service "Not Paypal.com".So i am pulling out of Godaddy.com as soon as i can.That means i am going to hire attorney and go after the crook.Thanks Chris

•••
Ok, I'll bite.

You sold a domain on ebay.
Then the person didn't pay or something?

So to me it sounds like you took an echeck or something through paypal and didn't wait for it to clear, went ahead and transferred the domain name and the payment failed.

And because paypal and yourself are to blame for this, mostly you though, you are complaining that godaddy didn't do enough, even though it was you who initiated the transfer yourself, knowing that payment hadn't cleared yet?

Not trying to be mean, its just that the information you gave us doesn't give enough details and it looks like the error was on your side?

•••
My Problem--sold A Domain Name Pr3.net On Ebay.com
The Domain Sold For $255.00 ---buyer Paid For It And They I Transferred It---when I Transferred It The Person Lived In The Us---2 Hours Later I Looked Up The Whois And He Now Lives In Romaina.well Ebay Cancelled The Auction After He Paid For It.then 12 Hours Later Paypal Chargeback Came In..The guy high jacked the ladies Ebay account

•••
Hopefully now you have learned that you should either wait at least 72 hours if using paypal for smaller transactions or use some form of escrow. Count yourself lucky that this was only a ~$20/30 domain.

•••
Send them to moniker or afternic escrow...no skin off the buyer to use an escrow service and your very protected...I sold name recently to an end user...went through afternic...had to coach him a bit but no real problems.

we all have some hard knocks lessons under our belt.

•••
So how are GoDaddy to blame for all this?

•••
if you have a grievance it is with paypal rather than GD. Out of interest, what was the buyers feedback rating on ebay?

•••
stub said:
So how are GoDaddy to blame for all this?
Some people find it conveniently easier to blame others for their misfortunes,
even though their agreements state one another's responsibilities. But it still
doesn't prevent one from having...unrealistic expectations.

However, it's still wibrodomains' choice, or anyone else's for that matter, who
to go with inspite of what they believe.

•••
Ebayers feedback does not matter--he stoled the account----I pushed the domain on the Godaddy system---The domain is still on the Godaddy system---I tried the undo thing with Godaddy---They said they will not get involved with anything that is sold on Ebay.com.But Ebay Voided the auction after he paid for it---So i am in the loop hole---Caught in the middle---Because Ebay canceled the deal but Godaddy says i had a deal--See my problem

•••
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I don't really think GoDaddy can be blamed in your case because they completed the transaction per your instructions. I always use escrow for domain transactions (sedo in my case), 100% always, no escrow is a deal breaker.

•••
•••
•••
Its all because of Global Warming guys...you should've seen the signs

•••
I see signs all day long.... not sure what to make of them all....

•••
troopscott said:
if you make them pay specifing "services" vs goods paypal wont allow them to chargeback on you

I don't think that is quite acurate. At least I've never heard anyone else say such a statement. If it is true you can be sure rep points will be coming your way.

•••
wibrodomains said:
I am going to hunt this guy down and make is life a living hell--Going to build a website all about him---I will spread his name all over the internet---

Maybe you'll be like the next Dog the Bounty Hunter or something. You sure sound intimidating!

•••
call the local police... and if they don't do anything about it then blame them. ;)

i'm also curious as to what their feedback rating was on ebay.

•••
Giode said:
Maybe you'll be like the next Dog the Bounty Hunter or something. You sure sound intimidating!

wibro the domain hunter?
sounds cool!

•••
stub said:
I see signs all day long.... not sure what to make of them all....
you should see a shrink..really...or an exorcist

•••
yeah i guess its paypal the problem lies than godaddy

Last edited:
•••
From my understanding, if fraud has taken place and you have proof and provide that to the registrar, they can do a reverse transaction and get the domain back. It really should not matter where you sell the domain. A chargeback is a chargeback.

This same thing has happened to me, but my domain is with Moniker, so we will see.

I see NO reason why the registrar would not work with the seller to get the domain back. This could happen to any of us due to a chargeback, and I'm sure you would want your domain back if somebody does a chargeback on you. When this takes place, you are out the $$ and the domain, so the only thing you can try and do, is get your domain back.

•••
Yofie said:
From my understanding, if fraud has taken place and you have proof and provide that to the registrar, they can do a reverse transaction and get the domain back. It really should not matter where you sell the domain. A chargeback is a chargeback.

This same thing has happened to me, but my domain is with Moniker, so we will see.

I see NO reason why the registrar would not work with the seller to get the domain back. This could happen to any of us due to a chargeback, and I'm sure you would want your domain back if somebody does a chargeback on you. When this takes place, you are out the $$ and the domain, so the only thing you can try and do, is get your domain back.

this thread makes me wonder..
which registrar is more reliable in such situations..
which registrars will help u to get back the domain
and how many successful domainers got back their domain

i always hear domain thefts but i wonder wat can a domainer do to protect all their domains safely wif peace of mind? any ideas?

•••
Malaysia said:
this thread makes me wonder..
which registrar is more reliable in such situations..
which registrars will help u to get back the domain
and how many successful domainers got back their domain

i always hear domain thefts but i wonder wat can a domainer do to protect all their domains safely wif peace of mind? any ideas?

I find that Fabulous to me seem the safest - you can instruct them to only transfer out your domains if you do the normal transfer routine and something else like sending your account rep a random string of numbers. This means that you can relax, knowing your names won't simply be stolen. Other than that, use escrow!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back