Dynadot

Namecheap is a Scammer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chaiko

Impact
With deep regrets and tears in my eyes, I write this thread to explain how i fell in a wrong hand or rather wrong company like namecheap.com.
My account got hacked!

On the 30th of December 2023 I contacted namecheap support team about my account being hacked, and my personal account details such as email and phone number was replaced by the hacker, hacker's email address is [email protected] which I provided to namecheap risk management and other information they asked for, after everything namecheap know that I wasn't lieing, that the account belongs to me but they can't return their selves, that I should contact the hacker personally and beg to return it.

I have all the screen shots of the conversation, how namecheap told me that they can't do anything anymore, even while the domain was still with namecheap

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How's that happened? Weak pass, fishing link in your email inbox?
Another reason for using two-factor
authentication, sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
•••
So because your account is hacked Namecheap is a Scammer.
So if someone come to rob your house, the police is a scammer?
Give me a break! Double check before accusing someone.
We see this so often here.

•••
With deep regrets and tears in my eyes, I write this thread to explain how i fell in a wrong hand or rather wrong company like namecheap.com.
My account got hacked!

On the 30th of December 2023 I contacted namecheap support team about my account being hacked, and my personal account details such as email and phone number was replaced by the hacker, hacker's email address is [email protected] which I provided to namecheap risk management and other information they asked for, after everything namecheap know that I wasn't lieing, that the account belongs to me but they can't return their selves, that I should contact the hacker personally and beg to return it.

I have all the screen shots of the conversation, how namecheap told me that they can't do anything anymore, even while the domain was still with namecheap
Hi, @Chaiko ,

Sorry for what you are going through!

Perhaps your understandable distress is rushing you to a premature conclusion about Namecheap's ethics.

Instead, I would encourage you to be strong and not give up trying to recover your domain/s.

I am not an expert, but I have read that stolen domains can be recovered (if I find the links I will provide them to this thread).
One good point is that you have proof that the account was hacked and domain/s in it is/are yours. And also that they are still with Namecheap.

•••
Hi, we have found the details regarding your case and will be in touch via ticket directly.

For assured security, please do not share your credentials and it is highly recommended that you always use 2FA on any eligible accounts (Namecheap and elsewhere).

We will get back to you with further information via ticket.

•••
It’s not namecheap’s fault if you got hacked , it’s yours.
You can ask them for help in recovering your account / domains but don’t blame others for your mistakes.
That said , I wish you good luck
I’m pretty sure Namecheap will find a way and help you

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back