Dynadot

.mobi .Mobi Auction Event

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Date for Auction?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Wednesday (6th)

votes
    11.8%
  • This Saturday (9th)

vote
    5.9%
  • This Sunday (10th)

votes
    58.8%
  • Next Wednesday (13th)

vote
    5.9%
  • Next Saturday (16th)

votes
    17.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

iNod

Eating PieVIP Member
Impact
Hello All,

I want to have another .mobi auction before Christmas, so I need to decide on a date. What do you think is a good day?

AUCTION THIS SUNDAY! (10th)
2AM GMT (ENGLAND)

CHAT ROOM URL: http://namepros.com/chat.php?room=.MOBI

We are planning on having a much more organized auction this time. Below is the schedule for this Sundays auction.

- 40 CAP on Names. ONLY 40 CAN BE ENTERED. Priority will be given to new users over ones who have already entered names.
- There will be 2 INTERMISSIONS. Each lasting roughly 5-10 minutes. Go get some food, cookies, use the washroom. What ever. There may be giveaways depending on our time yield.
- This auction will last for 2 hours. Tops. Meaning it can go over abit, but it will end after roughly 2 HOURS
- ALL SUBMISSIONS must be sent to me (I will post an email tomorrow, PM for now) by Saturday 9th. Submissions will be accepted early Sunday but given last priority. Meaning if the auction ends up being over 2 hours and your names still need to be auctioned off. You will not be given a chance.
- Buyout Clause in Effect there is a MAX of $6.00 and the percentage is 20% of the final bid.
- Increments are not a big issue. After $100 I would like to see $10 increments.
- This auction will not just be promoted at Namepros. So do expect lots more visitors than last auctions. You may be other community members aswell as some new ones.
- TALKING, is to be kept to a minimum. We want all to have fun but this is now a business auction so maintain a respective environment for all. You can congrat on winning and what ever else. But during the bidding session. Please REFRAIN from talking.

If there is anymore rules. They will be posted. I look forward to seeing you there and hope that these rules will assist with making a more business-like auction will still enjoying it.

Any comments/complaints please PM me. If you cannot submit a domain until Sunday. Please PM me it before hand.

- Steve

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Believe me. We've been doing live auctions here in NamePros chat for over three years now and I have tried a number of different methods. iNod's starting to get some experiences of his own that will influence his opinions of what work best too.

Starting prices and reserves may sound great in theory, or on static sites like eBay, Sedo, Afternic or here on NP's own forums, but in practice in a live chat format it's not practical.

Live auctions are meant to be dynamic and interesting. You can see what buyers believe a domain is worth as they compete to win it. Starting prices pretty much kill the momentum of an auction and result in a lot of "dead time" waiting to see if there is any interest. Auction will announce a name with the starting price... and you'll hear crickets (or worse, comments on the price). Who enjoys that?

Starting all names at the same $1 or 1 NP$ start, there's action on every auction lot. Every name gets its several minutes in the limelight. In a true live auction format (TRAFFIC's for example), a reserve can work because the auctioneer can skip a name quickly if no paddles come up in an acceptable price range. If we rush things like that at a chat auction, people complain we're moving too quickly.

Bottom line, we've found -- at least for the regular NP$ auctions -- a format and rule set that works. Sellers pretty much know what to expect, and buyers don't feel like they wasted their time bidding on something that didn't get close to a reserve price. You can look at the buyout clause however you want. Consider it a list fee, or the cost to get your domain appraised at live auction by potential buyers if your name doesn't reach the price you want. The amount is not unreasonable.

We still do and will always allow reserve prices and starting bids in the regular forums.

Just some thoughts. The .MOBI auction rules ultimately fall under iNod's decisions. Thanks for the feedback.

RJ

•••
We still have 3 spots open. Submit as soon as possible please.

- Steve

Last edited:
•••
Auction Queue:

http://noxom.com/auction.php

During the first 30 minutes before auction. We will ask you what you think the best 30 names are and auction off the best 30 names chosen by yourself. There will be intermissions as stated before. During the intermissions there will be GiveAways!

Be there!

- Steve

•••
Sounds like alot of fun... Wahoo!

•••
what happened to my entries caliente.mobi and newguinea.mobi?

•••
•••
seanboy said:
is this list final?

Yah sorry about that we can't add anymore. We are having another one next week feel free to enter yours in that.

- Steve

•••
Actually, we had a reserve system for the first .mobi auction we had, and it went pretty smoothly.

•••
Just my opinion...

Auction rules, including the buyout, are extremely fair and are also justifiable given the chatroom format. Imposing rules that discourage people from bidding would lead to less people showing up and less sales realized.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Success!

I don't know about anyone else, but I had a great auction! Here's my take:

ANJ.mobi --->$150 ---> Awaiting payment [EDIT] Payment received / name pushed[/EDIT]
ANL.mobi --->$260 ---> Payment received / name pushed
ANX.mobi --->$120 [EDIT] Payment received / name pushed[/EDIT]
LUS.mobi --->$300 Awaiting payment [EDIT] Payment received / name pushed[/EDIT]
OutPost.mobi--->$40 ---> Payment received / name pushed
Topanga.mobi --->$50 ---> Payment received / name pushed
XUS.mobi --->$150 ---> Payment received / name pushed

Outpost is the darkhorse winner imho - Fry's electronics owns outpost.com and it is a fully developed retail site. Incredible potential for end user sale or development.

LLL were the clear favorites ~ WooHoo! Good deal for all parties. Thanks again! See you next time?

BTW: iNod did a Great Job!

Last edited:
•••
Agreed .. Great job iNod and a good auction

•••
By my count, Moving was the best seller last night with $1127 sold at 8 domains

Coming in second was Allnicsgone at $470 sold with ONE domain

I actually hit 3rd with $455 sold at 5 domains.

Of course, you have to counter that with the domain(s) I bought too ;)

Great fun, great night, GREAT deals!!!!

Thanks iNod :)

GoPC

•••
I cant believe I missed this :(

I was gonna auction one of my Domains to.. oh well.. Hope it was good.. to bad i missed out

•••
Where is there a final auction summary posted? I missed all the action...

•••
•••
We lost some interest at the end but other than that. Thanks all for showing up. I had a great time, lets also thank MirrorCube for assisting with the rules and doing 90% of the auction queue and updating the queue as they came! It really allowed us to fly through the queue.

- Steve

•••
iNod said:
We lost some interest at the end but other than that. Thanks all for showing up. I had a great time, lets also thank MirrorCube for assisting with the rules and doing 90% of the auction queue and updating the queue as they came! It really allowed us to fly through the queue.

- Steve
EDIT: Thanks Steve :gl:

Last edited:
•••
iNod said:

- Steve

Thanks to both of you for putting your time in for the gain of all who attended...

ps...mirrorcube I pmed you about my purchase...

•••
So is there going to be another auction next week???

•••
I think there was talk of a premium auction coming up soon?

•••
Yes, not sure on a date yet. More news will be announced soon.

- Steve

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back