Domain Empire

.mobi .Mobi Auction Event

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Date for Auction?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Wednesday (6th)

votes
    11.8%
  • This Saturday (9th)

vote
    5.9%
  • This Sunday (10th)

votes
    58.8%
  • Next Wednesday (13th)

vote
    5.9%
  • Next Saturday (16th)

votes
    17.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

iNod

Eating PieVIP Member
Impact
Hello All,

I want to have another .mobi auction before Christmas, so I need to decide on a date. What do you think is a good day?

AUCTION THIS SUNDAY! (10th)
2AM GMT (ENGLAND)

CHAT ROOM URL: http://namepros.com/chat.php?room=.MOBI

We are planning on having a much more organized auction this time. Below is the schedule for this Sundays auction.

- 40 CAP on Names. ONLY 40 CAN BE ENTERED. Priority will be given to new users over ones who have already entered names.
- There will be 2 INTERMISSIONS. Each lasting roughly 5-10 minutes. Go get some food, cookies, use the washroom. What ever. There may be giveaways depending on our time yield.
- This auction will last for 2 hours. Tops. Meaning it can go over abit, but it will end after roughly 2 HOURS
- ALL SUBMISSIONS must be sent to me (I will post an email tomorrow, PM for now) by Saturday 9th. Submissions will be accepted early Sunday but given last priority. Meaning if the auction ends up being over 2 hours and your names still need to be auctioned off. You will not be given a chance.
- Buyout Clause in Effect there is a MAX of $6.00 and the percentage is 20% of the final bid.
- Increments are not a big issue. After $100 I would like to see $10 increments.
- This auction will not just be promoted at Namepros. So do expect lots more visitors than last auctions. You may be other community members aswell as some new ones.
- TALKING, is to be kept to a minimum. We want all to have fun but this is now a business auction so maintain a respective environment for all. You can congrat on winning and what ever else. But during the bidding session. Please REFRAIN from talking.

If there is anymore rules. They will be posted. I look forward to seeing you there and hope that these rules will assist with making a more business-like auction will still enjoying it.

Any comments/complaints please PM me. If you cannot submit a domain until Sunday. Please PM me it before hand.

- Steve

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yoyosean said:
if i put a quality name up that i think is worth several thousand and only get a bid of $200 i have to pay somebody $6 to not buy it? is this right?

I dont think so. Although that may be the case if they bid higher then your reserve price?????

•••
is that an answer or a question : )

•••
That's correct. There are no reserves. The buyout is the pseudo reserve mechanism. If you did a buyout on the scenario below, it would be $12, not $6.

Personally, I think it's too zealous of a policy. I don't think it should vary from the standard auction rules. Why would it? The buyout should be a protection for the seller, not a windfall for the buyer. Under the right circumstances, a saavy buyer could make a nice living :) :imho:
yoyosean said:
if i put a quality name up that i think is worth several thousand and only get a bid of $200 i have to pay somebody $6 to not buy it? is this right?

•••
Out

will i guess i will be counted out of the auction then, seems like a strange policy

•••
What's the cut off time for sending in auction submissions?

•••
iNod said:
We are going to resort back to the original idea. It is going to return to $6

- Steve

Steve,
For future auctions or this one too?

•••
MrRhee said:
What's the cut off time for sending in auction submissions?

TODAY

GoPC

•••
Thanks...could you revise the original post with the clear terms so that one doesn't have to scroll through the thread to piece it together?
iNod said:
We are going to resort back to the original idea. It is going to return to $6

- Steve

•••
expect

how many people do you expect at this auction what is the largest amount a domain has sold for at one of these auctions?

•••
yoyosean said:

correctomundo

•••
dentalpro said:
yoyosean said:

correctomundo
Yes, in lieu of a list fee. It's in place to protect the sellers. Actually works quite well in practice.

•••
when submitting can i put a starting bid price or how do you start the bid price?

•••
They all start at zero and go up from there. If you're not happy with the end price, you can exercise the buyout clause as we've been discussing.

•••
what has been the top price at this auction before?

•••
INod, please remove my names I sent you via pm from the auction due to the no reserve/buyout clause.

Thanks much,
HasRob.......

•••
I put some names in the pot based on the auction buyout rules reverting back to the standard auction rules;

standard auction rules said:
Buyout clause: Seller may opt to use the buyout clause to cancel the auction results by paying the winning bidder a fee of 20% of the winning bid price[...]
If you opt to use the buyout clause, please inform the winning bidder immediately in private.

Please revise the original post to the amended rules for clarity sake. Thanks.

•••
It has been revised. The buyout is 20% or a max of $6.

The submissions must be in Today. We will make a queue and post it Sunday. Once we get the queue it allows us to advertise it.

For future auctions we may actually start to look into a starting bid.

Anymore questions?

- Steve

•••
Steve, I have sent you an email. I look forward to the auction!

•••
We have received emails from. Domain Jedia, movingconcierge, Kerrijo, thinking1, GoPC. Total of about 20 domains. Leaving just under 20 spots left. Submit your names folks!

- Steve

•••
I only ask that for future auctions you allow a reserve and or start bid, then apply the 20% or 40% rule, only after a bidder has bid over that reserve price. The current policy seems to lean heavily in favor to the bidder if in fact a seller decides to back out. Example, if I bid 1 or even 5 dollars on someones domain and its the only bid, the seller says noway, he owes me $6.00? Gotta be honest here, thats a horrible game plan imho.

•••
It is the auction rules for the namepros auction.

For future auctions we plan on doing a starting bid. We want to protect everyones best intrest. By allowing the seller to pay a small fee he/her can keep their domain and auction at future auctions.

In normal auctions you are required to sell the item. Even if there is only 1 bid. eBay came around and made a reserve. Which works good for items, but not for domains as we have already experienced. Reserves turn off ALOT of people. Most if not all the names we plan on auctioning off will reach above the price required for a normal registration. If nobody bids within the first 20 seconds or so. The auction domain is canceled and returned to the seller.

We hope you find these rules simple and easy to follow.

- Steve

Last edited:
•••
Auction submissions need to be in before Sunday folks!

- Steve

•••
I'm assuming the auction will be USD? Based on all the examples mentioned.

Happy Holidays All....
namenut

•••
•••
Yes it will be in USD.

Received. We got 5 more spots open.

- Steve

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back