NameSilo

LLLL.com COUNTDOWN!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
COUNTDOWN COMPLETE!

NO MORE 4 LETTER DOMAIN AVAILABLE TO REGISTER!

Since early 2005, I have been investing/trading with 4 letter domain names. I started this thread due to the large variation in opinions on how many four letter domains there are available. When I started, I heard a range on viewpoints ranging from 200,000 down to nothing. What I learned that most people did not know how many were available.

Sources of Error for the estimates in number of available 4 letter domains include:

Traffic Testers: These are people who buy thousands of domains at a time to see if the domains are being visited and only keep the small percentage of domains that have regular visitors and cancel their orders for the domains that don't have a regular flow of visitors.

Inefficient ways of making estimates: There are over 450 thousand possible 4-Letter domains. There are short cuts that people can take in estimating the number that been registered that don't include all domains. One short cut that is often taken is for somebody to search through a list of previously available 4 letter names that they purchased (or got for free) and assume that all the names that are not on that list are registered.

People quoting old information:The variation in the number available changes all the time. Estimates that are months old are very different than up to date estimates.

People manipulating information for a sale:It definately is true that incorrect information on the available number of 4-letter domains can intensionally be manipulated to sell 4-letter domains at a higher price. Typically the lack of supply tends to motivate people to pay higher prices.

As a 4-letter domain trader, I believe that the information of how many 4-letter domains there are is extremely valuable for two main reasons. Firstly, my pricing of my names is subject to the amount of work it requires for customer to find for similar name. Secondly, if I want to increase my stock of 4-letter names than the information of how many there are at reg fee prices is essential.

I decided to update this thread when the number of available 4-letter domains dropped to the following levels:
22% Remaining - 25th January 2006
19% Remaining - 31st March 2006
16% Remaining - 29th June 2006
13% Remaining - 1st August 2006
10% Remaining - 15th February 2007 (crossed without traffic testing early April)
9% Remaining - 26th February 2007 (crossed without traffic testing early May)
8% Remaining - 2nd March 2007 (crossed without traffic testing in June)
7% Remaining - 21st March 2007 (crossed without traffic testing early July)
6% Remaining - 3rd July 2007(crossed without traffic testing some time in July)
5% Remaining - 1st August 2007(crossed without traffic testing August 11)
4% Remaining - 14th August 2007(crossed late August)
3% Remaining - 15th September 2007(crossed In September)
2% Remaining - 14th October 2007
1% Remaining - 31st October 2007
0% Remaining - 2nd November - COUNTDOWN COMPLETE!

Although, the number of available domains does sometime rise straight after it drops due to traffic testing and people dropping their domains, I don't consider it worth mentioning unless the rise is as significant as a 3% rise in the number of available domains.

Types of Four Letter Domains that have run out include:
- ALL OF THEM!

Since I started this thread important event about four letter domains that are worth mentioning happenned:

1: Late March/Early April 2006 there was a significant shift in the market for brandable (fake words) 4-letter domains and they started selling at significantly higher prices and the market for the names has been a lot more active ever since.

2: In July 2006, a namepros member 3par launched DYYO.com as a site committed to educating people about 4 letter domains. This is an excellent resource for those who are interested in 4 letter domain names.

3: In early February 2007. All the 4 letter domains starting with the letter A ran out.

4: wasistdas won QQNQ.COM, PCZV.COM & IQKE.COM for the competition for predicting when the 4 Letter domains would run out
Less than 23% of the 4 letter domain names are unregistered. I thought I'd try to keep this thread updated every time I discover another 1% reduction. I am now routinely checking the percentage of unregisted 4 letter domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cpk said:
countdown thread/LLLL.info countdown thread? who knows :)

I guess LLLL.info is having more chance than .net

•••
XVQZ.com should be adopted as the official mascot of namepros

Xcellent Verbals Quality Zoo: namepros in a nutshell!

•••
I've put the LAST ever LLLL.com to use already!!

VQYX.com

:hehe:

•••
rmwebs said:
regged VQYX.com about 15-20 mins ago....cant find any more though.

I think I may have just regged the last avaliable LLLL.com :D
Well done!!!

I think this one was missing from the lists published here. Someone thinking of keeping it for themselves? :hehe:

•••
Finally!!!! :sold:

Congratulations to everyone who invested in LLLL.com

•••
Read my replies in the first page of this thread (2 years ago).
Now I know it.
I can predict the future.
:hehe:

•••
currently 60 ppl are in this thread..ho...

who all are missed the LLLL.com superfast train ?...curious to know..

•••
Kaleidozone said:
I have LLLLcom.com and LLLLcoms.com if anyone's interested :)

Andrea
hahah i have

4characters.com
4chars.com
fourcharacter.com

we can have a bulk sale~ kekeke.. anyway plan to develop one website to sell my LLLL.coms ..kekeke

•••
Last edited:
•••
Malaysia said:
hahah i have

4characters.com
4chars.com
fourcharacter.com

we can have a bulk sale~ kekeke.. anyway plan to develop one website to sell my LLLL.coms ..kekeke

Plz dont keep them idle. We all will aplaud you, if u develop them

•••
It's sure been alot of fun :)

I'll be taking about 3 months off now... Need to sell off my names in other extensions to free up cash for another big LLLL.com buy. Hoping to buy another 500 or so early in the New Year.

•••
Nov 2 Is The Historic Day For LLLL.com Team

No More LLLL.com Expect Drops...but All Drops Will Be Easily Picked Up Or Back Ordered...

•••
what a gas to find the unexpected but inevitable adoration of the antipremium at the end of the LLLL larval stage ...

a sure sign of the coming apocalypse, as they say ...

well may seem like the beginning of the end
but it's really just the end of the beginning

XQVZ ... a beautiful monster indeed! :lol:

•••
filter said:
what a gas to find the unexpected but inevitable adoration of the antipremium at the end of the LLLL larval stage ...

a sure sign of the coming apocalypse, as they say ...

well may seem like the beginning of the end
but it's really just the end of the beginning

XQVZ ... a beautiful monster indeed! :lol:

By the way I think you have the best collection of monster there.... :hehe:

•••
congrats to all LLLL .com inverstors :)

•••
I Just Have To Get This Out Of My System!!

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

I Wonder What Everyone Is Thinking That Didn't Jump On The Band Wagon.

We Received Negative & Rude Comments Like "That List Is Garbage", "They'll Never ALL Get Registered" & "You Guys Are Crazy"! I'd Love To See The Expression On Those People's Faces Today! :)

•••
congrats to all LLLL .com inverstors :$: :$: :$: :$: :$:

:)

I found 1 Available to register now who gets it :)

QKZV.COM

•••
johnnywj said:

QKZV.COM

Thanks Johnny!! I Just Reg'd QKZV.COM :hehe:

I'm Not Convinced They're All 100% Gone? I'm Waiting On A Full Scan About 70% Done - But So far "0" Have Come Up Available.

•••
wow, this thing sure ended fast. congrats to all

•••
johnnywj said:

QKZV.COM

so this shud be the last LLLL.com reg

02 NOVEMBER 2007
-This is really the day to remember in years to come.. when all the dropping LLLL.com are backordered, and LLLL.com minimum price increase over the years, just like how LLL.com is now..

LETS CELEBRATE~~~~ :lala: :santa: :hehe:

•••
Expron said:

I'm Not Convinced They're All 100% Gone? I'm Waiting On A Full Scan About 70% Done - But So far "0" Have Come Up Available.

hmm wats next i guess wud be ppl grabbing the drop list names tmr...

•••
Expron said:

Nothing stops people who regged in the last 5 days to delete and ask a refund so despite we are scanning now ( I`m at 13 % ) I suppose that we`ll have to wait 5 days to make this buyout OFFICIAL.

•••
Expron said:
Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

I Wonder What Everyone Is Thinking That Didn't Jump On The Band Wagon.

We Received Negative & Rude Comments Like "That List Is Garbage", "They'll Never ALL Get Registered" & "You Guys Are Crazy"! I'd Love To See The Expression On Those People's Faces Today! :)

I still feel the same way as a month ago if 20 crappy 4 letter names dropped that I could reg at reg fee I would still pass, I beleive those who own good LLLL will see a good increase in sales prices, but to jump on the bandwagon to double or triple an 8 dollar reg fee isnt worth the aggravation to me, when i reg a name I am shooting for 100X reg fee or more/ or money makers parked.
Like I said congrats to you all, I hate to see people lose a lot of money and if every domainer at least gets there reg fee back then thats better than what a lot of new domainers have had lately. The real winners in this are those who own quality 4 letter names who should see at least 100 dollar return on each name

•••
italiandragon said:
Nothing stops people who regged in the last 5 days to delete and ask a refund so despite we are scanning now ( I`m at 13 % ) I suppose that we`ll have to wait 5 days to make this buyout OFFICIAL.
I just snagged one courtesy of a scan:

tqti.com TQT Interactive

Has a nice ring to it.

Matt.

•••
I think most people will keep what they have, and anything that pops back out will be grabbed up; even if they don't get picked right up, today is the day you couldn't hand reg a LLLL.

Today we reached the bare bottom regardless of what happens in the future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back