Dynadot

Legendary Boxing Promoter DON KING to Address TRAFFIC Attendees

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
I have the great pleasure to announce that T.R.A.F.F.I.C. is getting one of the Legends of America to come and speak to us. Not since Steve Forbes have we had someone of such esteem. While Steve is a billionaire he was born into money in a way few have. But earned his wings when he could have been a goof off like me.

Now we have a self made man quite like no other. That proves that ANYTHING is possible in America. Living proof. Perhaps the greatest promoter since PT Barnum himself.

I am here to announce that DON KING is coming to TRAFFIC. If some of you don’t know who Don King is, you have some homework to do.

http://www.ricksblog.com/my_weblog/...er-don-king-to-address-traffic-attendees.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don King looks like he lightens his hair with pigeon shit. Maybe that's the real connection...

We're making fun of Don King, Traffic, and Schwartz.

•••
does this mean TRAFFIC is rigged ???????

•••
Before this thread I had no idea the domain industry was being represented like this... obviously Don King as a keynote speaker at TRAFFIC isn't no accident, but why? Why do the leaders in this industry want to associate this industry with the likes of the adult, entertainment, and sporting industries? How does that benefit the industry? I just don't agree with their agenda.

•••
It is in their flawed belief that as long as they get asses in the seats, the event will be a success that'll help the industry. Or maybe it's the "If you build it, they will come" thing. Both are stupid.

Before this thread I had no idea the domain industry was being represented like this... obviously Don King as a keynote speaker at TRAFFIC isn't no accident, but why? Why do the leaders in this industry want to associate this industry with the likes of the adult, entertainment, and sporting industries? How does that benefit the industry? I just don't agree with their agenda.

•••
Simply amazes me that a cut throat scam artist like don king would be promoted and touted by the industry leaders for coming to TRAFFIC...what a joke in my book glad I never go to these "Stroke my ego and make myself look important dog and pony shows"

Simply amazing...Perhaps this will be the scene come the next conference:

Rick announces Don King has given Halvarez ring side tickets!!

Sad state of affairs honestly.....

Can you sense my dislike of Mr.King I'm a huge boxing fan and hate the man with a passion.

Rant Over ---/

Bingo! Sleaze speaks at a sleaze-fest. It's perfect!

•••
I found this comment in the original blog post interesting:

He is in a tough business and in that business anything goes. Boxing is not a “Clean” industry. But either is the domain business. Plenty of wrong doing . Does not excuse either, but what is…..is.

OK ... I get it. BUT is that the way we want it to remain? And is that the public image we want to reinforce?

This industry will become extinct if it doesn't grow up and clean up its act. IMO.

•••
While I understand the "shock and awe" about Don King's "participation" I would like to know how many of you have actually been to at least one TRAFFIC conference.

•••
I'm told future T.R.A.F.F.I.C events have the following lined up as guest speakers ~

Bernie Madoff
Adolf Hitler
Oliver Cromwell
Genghis Khan
Napolean
Idi Amin

and last but not least

George W.Bush & Tony Blair (who are still trying to offload wmd.com)

Last edited:
•••
While I understand the "shock and awe" about Don King's "participation" I would like to know how many of you have actually been to at least one TRAFFIC conference.

Not me, for one. Yet, to be honest, I will try to attend before too long, even though I have to fly halfway around the world to do it. I'm sure there are plenty of good reasons to attend TRAFFIC.

But the problem here, at least to me, is one of image. Don King and swimsuit models won't reflect well the business, and they are superfluous to domaining in general. I think an improved public image for domaining would be very beneficial to everyone here. The whole idea of boxing promoters and saucy babes just seems a bit bizarre in this context. It didn't hurt Bob Parsons, but does it have to be the default mode for the industry? (Maybe it's not, but one could be forgiven for thinking otherwise.)

I broke my own rule here of trying not to disparage anyone who is trying to do anything constructive. Oops.

But if you want to bring new people into the fold, the perception of those who haven't attended TRAFFIC is an important consideration.

...or maybe I'm missing your point.:-/

•••
On that note, even Godaddy seems to be going a little more mainstream lately. Is it my imagination or does their site seem to have dialed it back a notch? Jillian may be showing some skin, but using her as the new GD Girl sends a very different message.

I would like to know how many of you have actually been to at least one TRAFFIC conference.

A few of my domains have - does that count ?

I don't drop money on conferences unless the agenda's irresistible, and for personal reasons, even then I'll probably pass unless I can commute. So there are many conferences I don't attend, although there are some that I really want to go to one of these days.

Since overall image is a turn-off and the agenda isn't all that relevant to me, TRAFFIC doesn't make that list.

•••

What's your point? It's a giant (expensive) schmooze fest with an auction. It's the same industry people there every time and the keynote speaker is probably the only thing that changes. It's an excuse to have party's and domainers to escape from their wives. Most domainers do work from home and need some reason to get into the sunlight every couple months.

•••
just because don king is crook doesn't mean i don't think TRAFFIC is a bad event

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back