IT.COM

Lawn Signs + Domains = Profits

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Chef Patrick said:
I do not run a dating company but how can dating be a SCAM? Or real estate a SCAM? I'm ok with you having an opinion but it also has to be somewhat factual.

Real estate signs are usually to sell a house, buy houses or help people with foreclosures. I'm sorry but I ran an extremely successful real estate company and bandit signs were an important part of my advertising campaign. If I put out a sign that said we buy houses cash I would pay 100% cash for that house. Would you be calling me a SCAMMER?

Even money making schemes, really if you are so against bandit signs you must hate infomercials!!! Either tv or the bandit sign the public can either look or not look.

Just think, if people didn't put up these signs then someone at code enformcment who takes the signs down, would be out of a job. So although not the best thing in the world it keeps jobs going :]
I totally agree with that.

There is always somebody that wants to stop entrepreneurs to make a buck.

•••
•••
Seabass said:
..........He made $45 million? .........
...per annum....

•••
Chef Patrick said:
I do not run a dating company but how can dating be a SCAM? Or real estate a SCAM?
I'm not saying that ALL dating companies and real-estate companies are scams, but the ones which put up illegal signs tend to be. If a business cares so little about a community (or the law) that they're willing to plaster it with illegal signs that other folks then have to clean up, and then they just go plaster the community again, why would their ethics be any better toward their customers?

Chef Patrick said:
If you are so against bandit signs you must hate infomercials!!! Either tv or the bandit sign the public can either look or not look.
I have no problem with legitimate ads in their place. But if someone uses a pirate TV transmitter to run infomercials over the channels I want to watch, I would have a problem with that. And that is more akin to the "bandits" who place illegal signs on other people's or city property.

Chef Patrick said:
Just think, if people didn't put up these signs then someone at code enformcment who takes the signs down, would be out of a job.
And the city could then shift him to a more important job or reduce taxes by that much or hire an extra teacher instead. Of all the justifications for scumbag behavior, the "I provide employment to the people who have to clean up my messes and investigate my criminal behavior" excuse has to be the worst.

Anyway, this thread has wandered way off-topic from domaining, so this will be my last post. I am glad to hear that you no longer post illegal sign spam.

•••
Cronus said:
this will be my last post
That's good, because this could go on for days. Instead of arguing all your points I will just let you have your opinion and leave it at that.

•••

I just threw away an EXPENSIVE sign that some creep had the audacity to set up in MY yard.

Who needs this, anyway?

No sympathy if you yard spammers end up in jail and paying a hefty fine.

•••
fuzzlepop said:
I've thought about setting a forum up for a town, got the name and this seems like a good way to promote it in the area.

I have a 2 town forum (signature) and believe me it's hard to promote it online, the only thing I can think of is through old school marketing (business cards, yard signs and word of mouth)

•••
Chef Patrick said:
Just think, if people didn't put up these signs then someone at code enformcment who takes the signs down, would be out of a job. So although not the best thing in the world it keeps jobs going :]

The money pays them comes from somewhere; if hiring sign-removers increased overall employment, it should be government policy to encourage as many signs as possible!

•••
Don't forget grocery store bulletin boards as an advertising medium.

Its free and legal :)

Robert

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back