Domain Empire

.tv Italy.tv sold for $19,000 at Sedo

NameSilo
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thank you all :) and congrats on your sale Vito!!

If this was another pre-auction sale / and timely to be "reported sale" between self-interested .TV domainers, I am unsure how this "news" would have any meaningful, positive impact on the auction (and development) of Geo .TV's beginning on Thursday, IMHO.
Jeff, the sale was real, but I agree that the timing seems perfect just before the auction, although not for many of us as there will be members interested in a few names at the Sedo auction and any sale that will draw more attention to this auction is not helping to get them cheap imo ;) The only thing that worries me a little is that there are still too many sales between NP members, hopefully the auction and the new enom pricing will draw some new investors and end users.

Despite selling two of my best GEO names, I'm still very positive on the future of .tv and am still investing in .tv names, I actually just bought a non-premium keyword .tv here at NP for $8,000 which is now in escrow.

Michael, I didn't realize you were the buyer, thanks for two fast transactions at Sedo. Wish you all the best with Sweden.tv and Italy.tv!!

•••
Congrats to both parties, great outcome for both. :)

•••
Jeff, the sale was real, but I agree that the timing seems perfect just before the auction, although not for many of us as there will be members interested in a few names at the Sedo auction and any sale that will draw more attention to this auction is not helping to get them cheap imo ;) The only thing that worries me a little is that there are still too many sales between NP members, hopefully the auction and the new enom pricing will draw some new investors and end users.

Congrats, and I concur ... End users and developments are key! :yell: :imho:

you dont own any valuable domains held by uk or commonwealth country-controlled registrars do you?

good luck :hehe:

Please PM me directly with any further off topic and/or personal matters of interest ... per posted Admin™ rules, IMHO.
Regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
Please PM me directly with any further off topic and/or personal matters of interest ... per posted Admin™ rules, IMHO.

:hehe: :D

•••
Thread/post:
http://www.namepros.com/645948-one-most-important-consequences-changing-premiums-2.html#post3769243

Last I checked this was a forum to discuss .TV not to decide who is a valuable addition to the forum and who is not. People have different opinions, they are not stating them as law, they are stating them as opinions. One of the great things about NamePros is the diversity of our members and all of the wide range of knowledge, skills and life experience they bring with them. I am tired of getting PM's from all sides of this. Get over it already!

If you can not keep to the topic at hand then don't bother contributing. If you don't like what someone says, take it up with them in a private debate. Stop dragging everyone else on the forum through the mud with you.

Thank you,
Jeff B-)

•••
•••
Congrats to both the buyer and the seller! Awesome deal:)

•••
John,
Pizza.tv? :) Awesome pickup.

Best,
A

Thank you all :) and congrats on your sale Vito!!

Despite selling two of my best GEO names, I'm still very positive on the future of .tv and am still investing in .tv names, I actually just bought a non-premium keyword .tv here at NP for $8,000 which is now in escrow.

Michael, I didn't realize you were the buyer, thanks for two fast transactions at Sedo. Wish you all the best with Sweden.tv and Italy.tv!!

•••
great news , great sale , great result !

•••
•••
Pizza.tv - the best purchase in this year IMO!
Congrats!!!

•••
Thanks Ammudamus :)

Pizza.tv - the best purchase in this year IMO!
Congrats!!!

^ What was the purchase price of Pizza.TV? :gl:
If memory serves, it was also a standard Reg. fee domain name IMHO.

Thanks,
Jeff B-)
Added: PM received, thank you kindly.

Last edited:
•••
Wow John,

Pizza!
Every move you makes in .Tv gets better and better.
Congrats, seriously that is Friggen awesome!

but now you're kinda screwed...
Where can you possibly go from here??? lol

Very Nice!

Vito.

•••

Pizza.TV has been floating around - sideways - on the various forums since 2006 ... I look forward, finally, to seeing its unique, stand-alone development & promotions! :yell: :talk:

Congrats,
Jeff B-)

•••
Wow John,

Pizza!
Every move you makes in .Tv gets better and better.
Congrats, seriously that is Friggen awesome!

but now you're kinda screwed...

Very Nice!

Vito.

Couldn't agree more, Mr. V!

John knows his stuff and it can only bode well for the rest of us. The way things are moving right now seems incredible, but as I told you before, the movement started to occur once certain questions were addressed. We may not yet be finished with the surprises this extension has in store this year.

There are more factors in this equation than we may know about but it all points toward a resurgence of interest in the .tv extension.

Pizza.tv carries a national potential and something good now may definitely happen with the name!

Good efforts and kudos...

•••
There are more factors in this equation than we may know about but it all points toward a resurgence of interest in the .tv extension.

I like the domain name "Pizza.TV" and I'm hopeful that it will be developed & promoted accordingly ... but with limited domainers and Usual Suspects™ being the primary holders (including, as we shall see, as 'bidders/buyers' in THIS ONE (1) Sedo auction) of premium, developable .TV's; how is this a resurgence for the older ccTLD? :guilty:
Verisign offered heavily discounted ".TV" Premiums (including prime Geo's) in the past ... and it did not provide any further interest, boost, or development in .TV's and Wholesale / Resale domains remained languishing IMHO. :red:
There needs to be more substance ... than some fees being reduced / eliminated, and to-be-verified results from one HYPED Sedo auction! :blink: :imho:

Best regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
I think John has made *great great great* purchases and sales of .tv over the years and this is a nice name, but i don't think this is his *best* name, so I am probably missing something.

What do you guys see being on Pizza.tv? The major national pizza chains have fairly strong stand-alone brands so what do we see as the business model here?

•••
...in the past ...
Ah, the past...where we learned so much about what succeeded and what did not. The past, forever gone, is still a good guide and companion, but it is not what is taking place today, I would venture to say. Things change, times change...why even a century takes its toll on events.

This is the present, now, however, and a new guard has taken up position and things are no longer dependent on a way things "used to be"!

It's all good and will only get better. Put simply if you can't stop the future from becoming the present, you may as well move out of the way. B-)

•••
Ah, the past...where we learned so much about what succeeded and what did not. The past, forever gone, is still a good guide and companion, but it is not what is taking place today, I would venture to say. Things change, times change...why even a century takes its toll on events.

Over 10+/+ years, countless .TV domainers have publicly proclaimed that the "past is the past" ... if some .TV enthusiasts are presently looking at SOME Premium fees being reduced or eliminated and ONE Sedo auction (sans verified results) as its future; my very strong suggestion would be LIMIT and DIVERSIFY away from one's .TV holdings immediately, IMHO. :guilty:
Do not consider purchasing any ".TV's" without more substance! :yell: :imho:

Regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
Over 10+/+ years, countless .TV domainers have publicly proclaimed that the "past is the past" ...

QUOTE]

Ah, the past...what fortunes and secrets they have held and lost! What cries in the night as those who have loved the "past" have regretted its passing...

The future is the present, however, and subsequently NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING IS EVER GOING TO BE THE SAME! Those who do not grasp that simple truism of course never will. But that is of small consequence for us.

The extension is moving forward, not backward, not sideways...FORWARD.

And here we are, this ragtag lot of enthusiasts and investors taking part and witnessing these historic times.

We are happy and by virtue of elements and subsequent events outside of the extension itself, of high confidence of what is coming ahead...

It's all good and nothing stops progress.,
B-)

•••
my very strong suggestion would be LIMIT and DIVERSIFY away from one's .TV holdings immediately, IMHO. :guilty:
Do not consider purchasing any ".TV's" without more substance! :yell: :imho:

Regards,
Jeff B-)

Jeff, this is always your suggestion, despite the fact that certain people (Equity, etc) have made nice returns in .tv. And it is your ultimate point of view. All your other commentary "Please tell us about end-user development, verified sales, etc" is just a way to get engaged in a conversation so that you can come up with the same conclusion.

I don't know if vBulletin has this feature but couldn't we just enable an aaccount called "JEFF" that ever 4th post would just auto-post ".tv is the overhyped ultimate vanity TLD , sell now at REG FEE +/- before it is too late" and eliminate a good 30% of the back-and-forth in these threads.

If NP served banner ads, I would suspect that "JEFF" was actually exactly this type of auto-responder to drive up page views.

And then what would the #1 .tv Domain Forum on the InterHighlyBrandabledotWeb become if everyone just said 'you are right, lets go home' B-):lala::hehe::xf.love::imho:D-:

•••
Pizza.TV has been floating around - sideways - on the various forums since 2006 ... I look forward, finally, to seeing its unique, stand-alone development & promotions! :yell: :talk:

Congrats,
Jeff B-)

I look forward to Pizza.tv not be developed and be eaten for dinner tonight and tomorrow flipped for $100,000:)

John is the "man". If I had even 5% of his success in .tv, I would be doing very well. He is a winner!!!

•••
The extension is moving forward, not backward, not sideways...FORWARD.

And here we are, this ragtag lot of enthusiasts and investors taking part and witnessing these historic times.

We are happy and by virtue of elements and subsequent events outside of the extension itself, of high confidence of what is coming ahead...

It's all good and nothing stops progress.,
B-)

And as I have recently agreed with a fellow ".TV" enthusiast;
"Nobody should be popping the champagne yet." :yell: :imho:

All the best,
Jeff B-)

•••
And as I have recently agreed with a fellow ".TV" enthusiast;
"Nobody should be popping the champagne yet." :yell: :imho:

All the best,
Jeff B-)

there is a big difference between 'dont pop champagne' and 'diversify out of TLD immediately'

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back