IT.COM

Is GoDaddy "Buy Now" Safe for seller?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ngoc Pham

Established Member
Impact
Hi NPs,

I got PM by another member of namepros asking me about acquiring of my 4l.com portfolio (20 names), this is trusted member with 69 namepros trade reviews. About prices of domains we are already ok but i'm confusing about payment methods. I prefer to use Escrow.com for transaction but Buyer asked me that he unable to pay via paypal or escrow.com and he is asking me to use Godaddy Buy Now Option. Beside 20% sale fee will be charged by Godaddy.com, I wonder is there any risk for me as seller?

Thanks You & Best Regards!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If they can't use Escrow.com then you should use another established escrow provider:
GoDaddy sends bigger transactions to Escrow.com so I don't know if they'll cover your loss in the event of a chargeback when the transaction is smaller. @Joe Styler will be able to give you a definitive answer on that.

•••
Hi Ngoc,
Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you or your buyer. There are not many buyers that we don't/can't do business with.

Cheers,
Jackson Elsegood

•••
Hi Ngoc,
Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you or your buyer. There are not many buyers that we don't/can't do business with.

Cheers,
Jackson Elsegood

can you be so kind and clarify if you payout to seller using paypal, to canada.
thank you.

•••
Hi Alcy,
We don't pay out via PayPal, but we'll happily do you an ACH, wire or check.

Cheers,
Jackson

•••
Hi NPs,

I got PM by another member of namepros asking me about acquiring of my 4l.com portfolio (20 names), this is trusted member with 69 namepros trade reviews. About prices of domains we are already ok but i'm confusing about payment methods. I prefer to use Escrow.com for transaction but Buyer asked me that he unable to pay via paypal or escrow.com and he is asking me to use Godaddy Buy Now Option. Beside 20% sale fee will be charged by Godaddy.com, I wonder is there any risk for me as seller?

Thanks You & Best Regards!

I would not eat 20%, I would find a way to work with @Jackson Elsegood at Escrow.com.

•••
Hi Alcy,
We don't pay out via PayPal, but we'll happily do you an ACH, wire or check.

Cheers,
Jackson

thanks for info. do you have a confirmed plan to implement paypal payouts to a place like canada. if so then what is the estimated completion of this plan? ty.

•••
Hi Alcy,
At the moment we're not planning to roll out PayPal as a payment out method, but we do take it as a payment in method.

Cheers,
Jackson

•••
I got message from the buyer, he said because his client has godaddy in-store credit that why he only want to buy with "BUY NOW" option. But i would prefer deal with escrow.com.

anyway, thank you guys for your comment!

•••
We try hard to bring a lot of buyers to the table. Maybe you can negotiate a higher price with him to help with some of the commission on the sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back