IT.COM

Have you reg'd any Roulette domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey All!

By now we've all heard of ChatRoulette and the phenomenon it has become. We've also heard about CamRoulette, the guy who reg'd it first and then sold it, only for it to be flipped for $150,000.

Fusible recently did a post about copycat names and divulged a few of their recent "...Roulette.com" regs. I was just wondering if any of you guys had reg'd any yourselves?

Jim.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no. I don't even understand wtf CamRoulette is lol
great sale :imho:

•••
•••
I have registered several and would be interested in op's mentioned post. Can you point me to it?
Chatroulette is destined to be developed into something big... not sure what, but the seeds are there.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

ChatRoulette Copycat domain names and websites, will they be successful? History shows... | Fusible.com - Breaking Domain Industry News, Affiliate Marketing and Domain Names

Found it. Here's what I have. Any thoughts?:

.coms:
ROULETTEMATCH.COM
CHATROULETTEAPP.COM

.nets:
VIDEOROULETTE.NET
CHATROULLETTE.NET

Last edited:
•••
Problem is, I don't think a sale like that is likely to be repeated often. So copycat attempts to reproduce the miracle will most likely fail :imho:

•••
Problem is, I don't think a sale like that is likely to be repeated often. So copycat attempts to reproduce the miracle will most likely fail :imho:

Agreed, but I bet there will be a number of companies trying to develop knockoffs and while I don't think 150k will happen, I could imagine a healthy markup on the $8 reg fee.

•••
I didnt register any but did acquire these 2 last year sometime in a batch..

RouletteDealers.com
SlotMechanic.com

•••
I have registered several and would be interested in op's mentioned post. Can you point me to it?
Chatroulette is destined to be developed into something big... not sure what, but the seeds are there.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

ChatRoulette Copycat domain names and websites, will they be successful? History shows... | Fusible.com - Breaking Domain Industry News, Affiliate Marketing and Domain Names

Found it. Here's what I have. Any thoughts?:

.coms:
ROULETTEMATCH.COM
DYKEROULETTE.COM
GUYROULETTE.COM
CHATROULETTEAPP.COM

.nets:
ADULTROULETTE.NET
TEENROULETTE.NET
ROULETTEDATE.NET
VIDEOROULETTE.NET
CHATROULLETTE.NET

@petermw

I thnink you have some good names here. Good in that they follow the "..."Roulette.com formula. Of course I have no idea of their value because as we know it is very much in the eye of the beholder/potential end user.
As for ChatRoulette itself, I think it already is huge but could be developed into the next social networking powerplayer with some development and better features. At the moment it is far too unattractive in terms of GUI and man is it seedy. I checked it out last night and the first image I was greeted with was EXPLICIT!
That's all I'll say. Needs better safeguards against that kind of stuff.

But back to the domains...!

•••
roulette names in this context are just the next "tube" domains.

All hype.

If you're going to buy roulette names buy then ones relevant to gambling as I bet there is also renewed interest in roulette that doesn't involve penises all of a sudden.

•••
If I bought names based on every 'big sale', 'next big thing', or current garbage domaining "run" - I'd have a load of domains about Yo-Yo's, Tamagotchi's, Pokemon, and probably a lot of Flying domains - ie. FlyingToilet.com, because that seems to be about the level of thought people are putting into their names before they buy them.

Don't be a sheep.

•••
If I bought names based on every 'big sale', 'next big thing', or current garbage domaining "run" - I'd have a load of domains about Yo-Yo's, Tamagotchi's, Pokemon, and probably a lot of Flying domains - ie. FlyingToilet.com, because that seems to be about the level of thought people are putting into their names before they buy them.

Don't be a sheep.

Hey Michael,

I think it is prudent to consider every domain before you make the purchase, of course, but I don't necessarily think that being a sheep is bad in all instances.
After all, the guy who bought CamRoulette.com on December 12th after having heard about the ChatRoulette sensation is a "sheep" to certain degree is he not? He made quite a profit on his reg fee, not the ultimate $150k granted, but a tidy profit nonetheless.
None spring to mind but there must be loads of other examples of ...Roulette.com, ...Tube.com, ...Book.com, and ...Space.com sales out there?

I think the point is, don't be the last sheep out of the gate, when there are only weak, nonsensical names left.

•••

Don't be a sheep.

:lol:

•••
I think the point is, don't be the last sheep out of the gate, when there are only weak, nonsensical names left.

Agree with this. I might be that sheep. Not sure yet. Over night, I had $.50 in click revenue so perhaps I'll clear my reg fees while waiting. All I know is there are a lot of "adult" developers for whom the platform has become interesting (as you all mention, ChatRoulette is an explicit mine field). Im not hoping for $150k, but I could imagine turning a profit if a developer wanted to aggregate the names... ill keep you posted.

•••
I regged eChatRoulette.com, and it's getting decent views/clicks for a new reg... I'm glad I regged it...

•••
anyone have any thoughts on the next generation or parallels to this technology? The idea of flippable random cams is a fascinating one... feels like there is a game application but not sure what it would be....

the general idea feels similar to speed poker or whatever they call it on fulltilt (rush poker I believe).... where you can jump to the next table if you don't like your cards...

the age of instantaneous results.

•••
:talk:

i have "roulett.net"

•••
haha,

I hate these threads, these niche domaining threads.
I really do, only because I fall into that bandwagon jumper, sheep, category myself sometimes...

but I have to admit after reading about the recent roulette sales...Cam, Chat, 3DCam, etc. I had to spin the domain roulette wheel myself.

I regged JoinRoulette.com

I was very close to regging a great .TV roulette domain, but I just threw it up on My Blog last night as an available hoping that someone else would grab it, before I did. lol

Last edited:
•••
haha,

I hate these threads, these niche domaining threads.
I really do, only because I fall into that bandwagon jumper, sheep, category myself sometimes...

but I have to admit after reading about the recent roulette sales...Cam, Chat, 3DCam, etc. I had to spin the domain roulette wheel myself.

I regged JoinRoulette.com
l

I hear ya. Tantalizing yet often complete wastes of time/$. Still, Im 99% sure the "technology" concept is here to stay for a while. It's the twitter-paced interactivity that Im talking about.

Last edited:
•••
I hear ya. Tantalizing yet often complete wastes of time/$. Still, Im 99% sure the "technology" concept (if not the naming device) is here to stay for a while. It's the twitter-paced interactivity that Im talking about.

I do agree.

Ya know, I do spend some serious money on solid keyword domains, and that is definitely a positive investment but the truly fun part of domaining for me, is to sometimes hopefully find a gem within a new speculative niche.

Who knows...
But really, As long as you don't put all of your eggs into one basket, I think its all good.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
In truth, I honestly believe that these are highly profitable prospects for a good developer. The technology is so simple and the model lends itself to tons of ad impressions, with a very impulsive user base... if I could do it myself, I would!

:D

Last edited:
•••
Looks like roulette domains are the next 3D domain trend.

Brad

•••
I regged 3DCamRoulette.Com

•••
I regged 3DCamRoulette.Com

I like that one. That would be cool...

Ive been getting surprising amounts of traffic on the misspelling:
chatroullette.net

also reg'd the more application-specific iterations (speed dating as opposed to random chat):

roulettesingles.com

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back