IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Google just flushed many keyword domains down the toilett. At least here in Germany its a disaster, From those websites who really lost a lot of positions or simply vanished, were nearly all keyword domains. Nearly no brands were punished.

Consequence: prices for keyword domain names will go down and domainers will have a hard time. Google is simply giving up his bonus for keyword domains.

Google already indirectly warned us last year,
(check out 2:23)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAWFv43qubI"]How important is it to have keywords in a domain name? - YouTube[/ame]

and now its happening slowly but surely.

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0St9B1kmJ2g"]Hitler's Reaction to the recent Google Penguin update (04-24-2012) - YouTube[/ame]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The reason this is so puzzling to 'domainers' is because essentially none of you are involved in relevant, front side eCommerce.

You're involved with splogs, sham development, "minisites", affiliate networking, Wordpress.

How you know if you fall into this category: If your main concern is "traffic and clicks" rather than "clients and relationships"...

Hallelujah!

I also love those who claim link-wheels aren't "black hat".

Last edited:
•••
PANIC!!!

*Runs around and around the room and jumps out of the window*

I wasn't around domaining back when the crash of 2001 happened, but I heard many great domains were dumped because people thought it was dead, it could just be that we may see more of that, but a great memorable domain like exact match will still have value because it is not just a random jumble of letters, numbers and dashes shoved infront of an extension no one recognises :)

•••
:lol:

You give so much to this community, is just amazing.

First you generalize your comment saying and I quote - "none of you", then a few lines later you write the conditions that would qualify some one as?

Why someone with your experience and knowledge, don't explain to us what front side eCommerce means. Is that even a term? I have heard of front end eCommerce, but haven't head of front side. Are you trying to imply of user experience? I guess that would be a different topic, as well "clients and relationships".

There's a big difference between "none of you" and "essentially none of you".

Also, amusing to argue semantics, about how you don't know what "front side eCommerce" is, but you DO know what "front end eCommerce is". The reason 'joo no understan' what dat word mean' is because you are a muppet, señor.

I wasn't around domaining back when the crash of 2001 happened, but I heard many great domains were dumped because people thought it was dead

Two totally different things.

People dumped speculative domains in 2001 because tech had been used as a vehicle to perpetrate a gigantic investing scam and businesses weren't sure what kind of marketing role the internet would play in their customers lives, going forward. Their domain holdings looked like dead weight to the bean counters.

All the hope for what the 'internet could be' - which inspired all that maniacal investing in the first place- hit its first growing pain at the turn of the millennium, people panicked, idiots thought it was going to be the CB Radio of its day and even bigger idiots jettisoned large swaths of speculative domain names. In some cases, the original registrants were totally oblivious to the fact that they were dropping domain names with immense PRESENT value, in spite of the tumult that was going on in tech at that time. It was just a huge fucking maelstrom, I remember it well.

Along the way, a few domainers cleverly figured out that, while the epic one-word domains were all registered by 1996, a lot of the descriptive keyword strings that were either dropping (or in many cases, still available) received not-insignificant amounts of traffic. Since that traffic could be monetized, they could pay for their cost to carry- in come cases, many times over. Rinse and repeat. Add resales to the mix for fantastic ROI multiples and 'domaining' was born.

What we see here is a totally different thing- it has to do with search engines, how those relate to consumers and how they interrelate with exact matching domain names.

Ironically enough, I've found that people who BEST understand how a domain name relates to consumers are people who are uninvolved with either domaining or tech. Both those fields are susceptible to their own bullshit narratives that aren't true.

Last edited:
•••
There's a big difference between "none of you" and "essentially none of you".

Also, amusing to argue semantics, about how you don't know what "front side eCommerce" is, but you DO know what "front end eCommerce is".

I see your twitter handle is "Enrique Rojas" so perhaps English isn't your first language but presuming it is, are you retarded? Oh, wait. Yes, you pretty much answer that question with every single post you ever make- like, at the level where we can assume both your parents were dumb, rather than just one.

That's all? Is your insult suppose to be intimidating ? Since you could not explain what front side eCommerce is, you went with a mom joke, and nationalism. Say is all semantic and call it a day. I don't know what front side eCommerce is, never heard of it. I know about front end, and back end. Those are terminologies. I see your kind. You just a wannabe sweet talker. Why you angry? Did your girl left you for another girl? Or maybe your boyfriend left you for a girl. So sad. You give nothing to this community, why you don't delete your account? NP'ers behold in front of you a :great:

I am dumb, too damn dumb. 16 years ago your mom told me to use a condom, I say no. It doesn't feel the same. Look at you, what came out of that. Damn it!!

•••
I also love those who claim link-wheels aren't "black hat".

wat

If you think link-wheels are black hat, you don't know what black hat is...

•••
wat

content is king .... with pictures.

•••
•••
wat

You're probably right. I'm sure link wheels are built using high quality sites with natural links that have been placed there for the benefit of the readers of those sites and not in any way to artificially raise search engine rankings.

I stand corrected.

•••
•••
That's all? Is your insult suppose to be intimidating ? Since you could not explain what front side eCommerce is, you went with a mom joke, and nationalism. Say is all semantic and call it a day. I don't know what front side eCommerce is, never heard of it. I know about front end, and back end. Those are terminologies. I see your kind. You just a wannabe sweet talker. Why you angry? Did your girl left you for another girl? Or maybe your boyfriend left you for a girl. So sad. You give nothing to this community, why you don't delete your account? NP'ers behold in front of you a :great:

I am dumb, too !@#$%^&* dumb. 16 years ago your mom told me to use a condom, I say no. It doesn't feel the same. Look at you, what came out of that. !@#$%^&* it!!

Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce the intellect of a typical "SEO Professional".

I mean, seriously dude. Sparring and arguing can be fun, but you just flat suck at comprehending written words. It's hilarious. Like, I'll say "look at this idiot who just fell off the turnip truck", then you respond with "Haha you're so dumb I drive a CAR not a truck! It's YOU who drive the truck and eat turnips!!"

0% chance you're a successful SEO practitioner, or you're just flogging the "Local SEO" scam where you convince hairdressers and tow truck drivers that getting them to rank Page 1 for their specific business name + city is a a rare skill worth paying for.

Anyway, I'm not angry, but people like you are typical of why namepros is a toilet, these days. It's kind of obnoxious. It's a lot of half retarded, "tech professionals" who drive 8 year old Honda Civics and still have roommates.

The names you're trying to sell for thousands of dollars really tells the tale of the tape.
You need STFU and do less talking, more listening, holmes. You're still playing the domain game at Level 1.0 and the sooner you 'get that', the sooner you can move up.

Last edited:
•••
Actually i agree with Fonzie.
Lets face it. Most Domainers want to be on first page of Google with a crappy minisite full of adsense and affili links and worthless content nobody needs. And many SEOs played games with Google they shouldn't play. A game they can't win. The time of lazy money making is going to end very soon.

Also i am pretty sure Google knows about all this Domain business and this Penguin was the first step to take away a piece of Domainbiz cake,
because Google doesn't gain anything from the money paid from someone to a Domainer. Or by organic results. By making generic domains more and more worthless, people will spend their money somewhere else (i.e Adwords) to show up on better positions.

I think many SEOs and Domainers ruined the bonus of keyword domains in the past and now we get the answer. Plus Google is getting more and more crappy as a search engine (with no serious competition) and simply wants to make more money.

I am not saying all keyowrd domains will become worthless, but many will.

We should be prepared for a new battlefield.

•••
Anyway, I'm not angry, but people like you are typical of why namepros is a toilet, these days. It's kind of obnoxious. It's a lot of half retarded, "tech professionals" who drive 8 year old Honda Civics and still have roommates.

The names you're trying to sell for thousands of dollars really tells the tale of the tape.
You need STFU and do less talking, more listening, holmes. You're still playing the domain game at Level 1.0 and the sooner you 'get that', the sooner you can move up.

I am not saying you are right or wrong but I will say your tactics are not needed around here.
You say your not angry but your post have been laced with insults and name calling.
Even though it looks like you are new here I have a feeling you were a member here once before and probably got deleted.
Namepros is Not a toilet, you are out of line calling people half retarded and and you are also out of line telling someone to STFU.

This is a discussion board not an insult board.

Since this is the anniversary of the LA riots I will say,
Can we all just get a long? :)

•••
agree lennco, but this is even worse

16 years ago your mom told me to use a condom, I say no

•••
agree lennco, but this is even worse

Yep you are right, but did Fonzi start it with this?
I see your twitter handle is "Enrique Rojas" so perhaps English isn't your first language but presuming it is, are you retarded? Oh, wait. Yes, you pretty much answer that question with every single post you ever make- like, at the level where we can assume both your parents were dumb, rather than just one.
they were both out of line but it takes a bigger man to not sink to that level :)

•••
Some Google SEO hack sat in meeting room somewhere and thought, hey all these popular websites aren't keywords so lets change the algo to favor those domains which aren't necessarily keywords!

Those times didn't last, these times won't either. Enjoy the ride.

•••
Some Google SEO hack sat in meeting room somewhere and thought, hey all these popular websites aren't keywords so lets change the algo to favor those domains which aren't necessarily keywords!

Now that I agree with.
I give it 6 months.

•••

Agree. It does not make sense to penalise keyword domains when many are already developed as successful sites with content that users and Google like.

I can only speculate about SEO and how Google really operates, but keyword domains will always benefit if people create links to the domain containing the keyword string. They may benefit less in future but I'd guess there will still be some benefit.

•••

It's more like "Hey, the correlation between keyword in a domain and a premier user experience isn't as strong as we had thought..."

Domainers and sham developers (often coming from the SEO camp) have competing interests with G. Their goal is to "rank content". Google is trying to serve the needs of both their users/searchers and the businesses who pay for clicks.

Businesses want customers, clients, sales. Users want relevance. Hoax developers don't care about the same things that businesses (who buy their traffic), users (who search their content) or Google (who provides the whole show) care about.

This is why Google has to determine which relevancy signals are most consistent across the types of content that users actually want. They learned that the domain itself can be used to manipulate SERP by implying a degree of relevance that the ultimate user experience doesn't live up to.

As far as domainers go, so few even begin to understand what 'users want', mostly because the domainer business model isn't about building a relationship with that user. It's about "traffic and clicks".

•••
What i have also observed is that only a smart portion of SERPS were actually affected by the penguin update, BUT this small portion was the most hotly contested part of the keywords. (loans, insurance, coupons, banking, etc.) and thats why most SEOs are crying about it now and thats why it seams like a huge portion of SERPs were affected (which is not the case)

We more or less got off lightly from it, as we have some sites with less competitive keywords. But one of our sites simply VANISHED completely from google (and that was optimized for car insurance)

•••
Those who were always following the rules will benefit from this. It does hurt if you never were though :).

•••
why namepros is a toilet, these days.

And with your racist, vague, irrational, offensive, please give me attention posts makes you what part of the toilet?

You are a cancer, and every threat you post in, just dies. Becomes nothing about the original post.

Yo look like a rapper with no career. You can put words together and thats it. You got no delivery. Now listen up, holmes. By the looks of it, you are just frustrated.

Please do this community that you call toilet a huge favor, and leave. Delete your account. Wrinkler is in shame, because your not keeping the Fonz reputation up, your actually damaging it. You bad joke, or should I say wrong chaff. GTFO.

•••
wow, lets not get too personal here.

It looks like that there is not much changing and this update is sticking, not much bouncing around, rather than argueing with each other lets find out what this all means. It does look like that sites even small ammounts of bulk (spammy) links are being hit, as well as ones with the same anchor text or only keyword anchor texts in the links. The low content bad content issue should have been hit by the update panda 2.0 around the 19th so if you got hit then it was a panda issue, if you got hit around the 24th then spam links and too many keyword anchor texts and maybe some other things seem to be what got you in trouble. So just dump those projects and move on ,or try to fix them if possible?

•••
Hey fonzie, your an idiot with a big mouth. I agree you probably were a member that got banned, previously.But ya your a goof, if you think namepros is a toilet why dont you find another forum to act immature in. The fonz was cool,your not

•••

Last edited:
•••
No need for the personal attacks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back