NameSilo

GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rom said:
I was just looking around and noticed most people are rating the customer service 1 star...

Have you ever used their customer service?

They have the best and fastest customer service in the industry.

~Rom
Basically, i had a domain pulled to me, and in the DNS it said it had 4 nameservers, the old ones and the new ones. I asked what is wrong, but they never gave an answer. I asked them;

'Why don't you accept payments using paypal?'

They replyed saying

'Yes, we do accept paypal'

Then i say 'You don't i can get it work from my funds'

They say 'We only accept credit cards via paypal'

I say 'Why?'

Then they reply saying 'To protect ourselves from scammers.'

It wasnt EXACTLY the same as the above, it was a lot longer and i was completely confused because of the way he was replying.

Rob

•••
Robert Allen said:
Basically, i had a domain pulled to me, and in the DNS it said it had 4 nameservers, the old ones and the new ones. I asked what is wrong, but they never gave an answer. I asked them;

'Why don't you accept payments using paypal?'

They replyed saying

'Yes, we do accept paypal'

Then i say 'You don't i can get it work from my funds'

They say 'We only accept credit cards via paypal'

I say 'Why?'

Then they reply saying 'To protect ourselves from scammers.'

It wasnt EXACTLY the same as the above, it was a lot longer and i was completely confused because of the way he was replying.

Rob
They answered every single question correctly...

They accept Verified PayPals only.

•••
Rom said:
They answered every single question correctly...

They accept Verified PayPals only.

See now i keep reading this, but i do not have a verified account and i can pay via funds or CC. Bank funding has been setup although i have not technically verified the account by confirming the telephone number etc.

•••
Trouble in paradise

Just checking and nobody mentioned SPAM problems. GoDaddy will wipe you off the map due to Spam complaints and recovery is slow. Others don't have the plug to pull so complaints are referred.

Not many have received spam complaints but it happens. And when it does, go-daddy can be difficult to work with.

•••
I've found that Godaddy offer quite a solid service, but without coupons/codes the prices are a bit expensive

(I made this site to help ;) - www.coupons4domains.com

•••
Very Pleased!

I rarely ever have problems with GoDaddy.com and use them for practically all of my domains! I would highly recommend them!

•••
Pretty Good

Godaddy is pretty good and got a good customer services is just their panel is begin stupid these days but everything els is good. The thing that pisses me off is in the process they ask you to much stuff and i get lost pressing on things wehn i come to checkout the total is like 100 $.

Last edited:
•••
To many adverts when purchasing but still my fav

Have most of my portfolio hosted with these guys, been using them for a while now and havent let me down once

•••
I am happy with them

I just bought 8 domions with them And a ssl and the shopping cart. They called me to see if i like the shopping cart. I also got cashparking. He told me not to renew it because i don't have enough domains.That it would be a waste of $. People that own hundreds and thousands of domains do good. Was nice and polite and fixed my nameserves for me. Good experience so far!

•••
Review

I reg'd my first domain with godaddy yesterday. It said that there was free id protect. When I went to check out they were charging me for it. I felt there was very little included for free compared to some other regs. The stuff that is free has godaddy all over it. I was surprised that they charge for monetized parking and then want a cut too. Prices are low - but you get what you pay for. Won't go back.

Last edited:
•••
Could do without all the 'upselling' - otherwise happy with service

Too much upselling. Good customer service - they always answer fast & their tel # is local for me.

•••
Review

I will very scarcely use Godaddy anymore. The Customer Service is terrible. They provide no information what-so-ever about the problem you are trying to resolve. The interface takes too much time and searching to find certain things. Not many features at all.

•••
Review

For overall value, I find GoDaddy great. I love the fact that I can always get a rep on the telephone quickly and my question / problem is almost always resolved. They're also quick to have DNS changes in place and up and running, and their pushes are fast and efficient. I also like the various discount codes that are available from time to time. Thus far, I've had nothing but satisfaction from my experience with them.

•••
Good

Pricing is great - getting $6.95 + 0.22 with coupons even when buy one domain at a time, comparable to domainsite at $6.99 ICANN fee included. Customer service is at times disappointing though - there is no 'proper' online ticketing system, and most of the support staff do not answer your questions unless asked several times. Control panel and shopping cart is at point tedious to use, but I guess I'll live with it - maybe it's the tradeoff for all those extra features that probably dont work anyways.

•••
crap

This is one dodgy company full of crap. As long as they can get away with it they will do anything to you. They might even cancel your domain and sell it on auction.

Read here about familyalbum.com story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
Review

Been with them for years, don't like the clunky admin panel but the download to .csv feature is nice. DNS takes way too long at times. I always search for coupons when regging because they're pricey (especially for whois privacy). I found a way to get free privacy is to take advantage of the reg 5 names/get free privacy whois: reg a few .99 cent .infos to get domain count to 5 and there you go.

I don't like the way GoDaddy markets themselves, but whatever. I'll keep using them to receive domains and snarf the 99 cent .infos.

•••
Bulk Domain Reg. Misleading; Domain Management complicated. Support wait=30 mins.

IMO, Bulk Domain Reg. Misleading. As far as I know, it allows you to submit domain names in bulk for availability, and it identifies one that are still available, but I could not get all the ones available to be registered in One shot.

Domain Management complicated. Their Phraseology and categorization can be ambiguous. Commands and features are too nested or inserted deep.

Support wait can exceed 30 mins. They should be able to say "wait time is 143 minutes." But they don't. This can lead to a complete waste of time.

Also, they should provide a BASIC COUNTER that records hits for free or very low charge. Their Mapping System is cute and looks useful, but it is a 3rd part USELESS software.

GoDaddy's Email is HORRIBLE. I used to think Hotmail was worst and braindead, but GoDaddy's 3rd party email interface is SO SLOW that it actually ENCOURAGES you to use its plain-text version.

I still like GoDaddy, (and I trust them completely) but I wish they improve quickly. Instead they keep adding more stuff and their system doe snot remember any of your preferences. This just annoys me.

BTW, I have used Yahoo Domains, but it has less functionality, and NO ONE at Yahoo is paying attention; it has no improvements or additions since 2000. Can you beleive that? So, its possible that I am comparing GoDaddy with a really bad service. :td:

Last edited:
•••
Not so bad registrar, isn't it?

•••
Being an ex-godaddy employee, I can say that their domain services are A+ anything else is a joke.

•••
Godaddy Executive Accounts

If you are a major domain buyer you can ask for your own Executive Accounts rep. You can use your rep to buy, sell or do most anything - you don't have to go through their dreaded maze.

•••
GoDaddy sucks these days

Godaddy hmmm, their 'new' interface is the worst that i have ever seen, and still they keep it in place. They probably received plenty of negative feedback regarding their new interface and they won't admit their mistake, they are acting more and more like a monopolistic corporation. Moreover, Godaddy is trying to charge you all the time for useless features. A good company doesn't trick its users with a complicated shopping process to force the buying of useless features/software. Sounds very dishonest practice to me. Then there are horror stories. When a problem arises, GoDaddy favorite answer is "It's not our problem, you need a court order". Don't count on their help. Also they are veryyyyyy sloowww to issue refunds when they overcharged you. GoDaddy was still user friendly a few years back, now it's a ruthless company trying to make a quick buck at the expensive of its customers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoDaddy
Go Daddy general counsel Christine Jones stated that Go Daddy's terms of service "reserves the right to terminate your access to the services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever."

Last edited:
•••
I have not experienced this at all - my refunds are issued the same day I request them. The new control panel is designed for "power users" - and handles hundreds of changes in seconds. I find it easy to use - and very very quick to respond - a great improvement over the old system,.

•••
Don't fall for the marketing & hype. Stay away!

Terrible customer and technical support. They don't have a clue. And what does a race car drive know about domain names??? Don't use if you're trying to snatch up a name that is recently released back to the public either. You'll have to wait at least a day because they pull from cache and the domain name search shows the name as not being available but the name shows as being available (and registerable) on other registrars web sites.

•••
still the best imo

still the best imo, never had any issues

•••
GO away from GODADDY

I have had over a dozen domains with Godaddy for over a year. Then I noticed that I could not login to my account, so I checked whois for one of my domains and it showed a different owner. Someone had hacked my account. I contacted godaddy by phone and he told me to send an email to a certain department. That department took about 24 hours to respond and told me to contact a different department. After I finally made contact I was told to fill out a form, scan it, and email it to that department and they would get my domains back, but I had to open a new account. But you cannot just open a new account, the only way to do that is to BUY a Godaddy product. I was told that I had spyware on my computer and that is how they hacked my account, but there was NO OTHER account of mine that got hacked, only my Godaddy account. A person on the phone told me that they had an entire department dedicated to undoing stolen accounts, yet insisted that Godaddy was not hacked, but my computer!!!! EITHER GODADDY has really BAD security, or they are doing it to get people to buy more product. It actually happened a second time one week later!!! Part of the transfer process I had to engage a lock for 60 days preventing me from transferring my domains to another registrar. As soon as that time is up I AM TRANSFERRING ALL MY DOMAINS!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back