Dynadot

GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Say No To Godaddy

Why would any one use a company that basically holds your domain names for ramson if they fell like it. I personally had 70 domains with them once, I have moved them to namecheap.com - SAY NO TO GODADDDY

•••
Godaddy charges you even for breathing.

Now make money parking your domains... but you need to pay them in order to supposedly be paid

•••
Godaddy is no longer as popular as it once used to be. Reseller accounts from eNom and DirectI are popular with many domainers. Also, other registrars have stepped up to the mark.

Godaddy is now targeting first-time buyers by going into mainstream media.

•••
•••
Awsome company

Ive used godaddy for YEARS now and there service is next to none.

Only complaint is not being able to pay with a paypal ballance.

•••
Review

Ultimately, GoDaddy cost me a lot more than it saved me. Their customer service gave me a terrible experience - I ended up being charged 3 times for one order, and even when I emailed the billing information and spoke with them on the phone, they refused to refund me (it sounded like they hadn't even really looked into my issue) and seemed very disinterested in my complaints.

I think this is a company that just wants to bring in the money, hand over fist, and they're willing to let their customers take the fall for a quick buck.

•••
Review

several aspects are not good with godaddy, 1st being holding your domain hostage from transfering out for 60 days if you change the registrant information. I did a bulk change with updated emails,ect before I was attempting to transfer out. An internal lock with godaddy, (not icaan regulation), is that they will not let you transfer out if you make changes, I assume the registrant name field. As I was on the phone with them, I gave my pin#, etc. to prove that I was I, they still would not release it. As it will expire before 60 days, I, along with many hostages, must renew with godaddy. I even asked them if they needed a blood sample because they said it was an automatic security issue. Other issues have been my fault, for I have been hit with try for free services, wich I forgot to cancel. no refund for $100 down the tube, its my fault, but BE CAREFULL with the autorenews. ww reselling also stinks, where they called me to renew and I declined 5 times, then they still billed me. 3 weeks later and I am "promised" I will get the other $99 back. advice is to keep eyes open with multiple registrars, autobilling, etc. trying to get them all with registerfly for cheap xfer prices, but they have thier share of problems as well

•••
Godaddy is decent, ignore the ads

They are nice and cheap and feature rich. I currently have 3 domains registered with them and cannot be any happier. I even aquired one using the backorder service. Naturally, as has been mentioned before, the ads you are constantly given during registration and even after are a bit much, but if you look past that, they are a solid company.

One flaw is they make you pay for private domain registration, other places offer it at no extra cost. (although, godaddy.com is pretty cheap to begin with, and may still be cheaper even when you add this, depending on the company.)

I would recommend godaddy to anyone. Good service, good prices, decent customer service.

•••
With godaddy I don't really feel like I own the domain. They make it hard for you to deal with there competition. In the end the are probably the most expensive way to go.

Pay to park your domain name with them and receive a % of the profits.
LOL what a joke.

•••
GoooooooooooDaddy

w00t!

Great Loopholes! :)

•••
I use Godaddy to register all my domains

I like GoDaddy the best.
1. The are cheap... There are always coupons out that lower .com domains to $7.
2. Good features... they offer everything (for extra of course) and have promotions such as $2 domains with a non-domain purchase. So you get email and a domain for $5.
3. Good interface. Might be a little cofusing but once you get use to it, it's perfect.
4. Customer service is good from what I can tell. I never really needed them and they do call when a domain is about to expire offering to help me out.
5. I am able to set up nameservers as soon as I get a domain with NO waiting.

Overall, I can't really ask for more.

•••
godaddy will push your expired name to thier backordered client

in less than 45 days, godaddy will simply push (transfer to another client and keeping your annual expiry dates the same) to another client that has backordered it. i allways thought that every registrar has to allow the name to purge natually as they do in about 2-3 months. I do not know how a domain can be pushed and the winning registrant gets an 11 month domain? in 8 years and 300 names, this one slipped by me. this is after my names were locked by canging the registrant field. I sent an email to icaan to see if this practice is legal.

•••
I like NameCheap the best but my 2nd preference is GoDaddy :)

•••
I've found go daddy to be pretty good. Also

They have a reseller program. When you become a reseller they don't allow you to use there trade mark name go daddy to advertise. When you sign up you get google advertising credit and can register domain names really cheap. Thats one of the reasons I've tried it out. I've always found Go Daddy to be pretty good.

•••
•••
Poor support

I don't like the interface and their support were not very helpful.

•••
After NamePros its the best

Not only could I walk to the office to reg. a domain, but I can do it online as well :) , best service ive seen.

•••
Thats cheap and it sounds really good!

•••
Too much hard sell and self-infatuation

hell, it takes ages to make changes, many click throughs to get things done. Definitely a stalling process in, for example, transferring away domain names. And, dammit, all those damn bloody ads. DRIVES ME CRAZY. It takes too long to get things done and too much self-promotion on the way... Moving my 1200+ plus domain names from there to a NO-HARD-SELL-ALL-THE-TIME registrar

•••
GoDaddy is the shit. The only bad part about it is that they have a terrible website. Personally, I dont even use it, I just call in. The reps are always nice and courteous, and they always have some coupon code they can through at you to save you some bucks here and there.

When it comes down to it, GoDaddy is the wave of the domain future. Look at http://registrarstats.com. They simply dominate the industry. I'm sure they are reworking the website to be more user friendly.

One thing I love is that their resellers can offer cheaper domain prices than them. Check out http://spazdomains.com, that place is a reseller and offers fantastic rates on everything.

•••
very good!

when you you know how to buy, you can enjoy the most.
i buying Com, in 6$..

•••
Taikaish said:
when you you know how to buy, you can enjoy the most.
i buying Com, in 6$..

How you buy for 6?

•••
not the best

Highly advertised but below expectations. Unfriendly control panel and lack of good support service with limited contact options.

Prices are usually good with coupons and running promotions, but regular prices are not the cheaper in the domains market.

•••
You get what you pay for

Cheap domains? Yes but beware of hosting here. GD's approach is to charge for every little upgrade. The interface is full of advertising and endless upsell pitches during the sign up process. Domain manager panel is buried--after logging in for the first time, you have to look real hard for the link to manage your account.

•••
Seriouswrong said:
Why would any one use a company that basically holds your domain names for ramson if they fell like it. I personally had 70 domains with them once, I have moved them to namecheap.com - SAY NO TO GODADDDY

namecheap way better I basically like the idea of adding funds manually by paypal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back