Dynadot

GoDaddy now offers a parking program

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
And they actually charge for it. :td:

Godaddy's Cash Parking

The Godaddy promotional email stated "New Web Trend" in the subject line. New? Where have they been?

%%-

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't trust GD with my domains. ND and Fabulous are my top choices.

•••
My guess is, they devised a new way to milk out newbies with another wasteful program :alien:

•••
Thats bold an interesting move, having people pay for parking.

•••
I posted this about a month back, do a search for it, you'll find some other interesting responses. One guy put a bunch of his domains there just to try it out, not sure if he has updated with the results yet or not.

•••
I have heard that people parking domains on it over 2 weeks and received $0.00.
The same name @sedo got at least 2 bucks.

•••
Instead of paying you (for the parking), you pay them? D-: I don't get it...

•••
If GoDaddy's parking is anything like the WWD parking such that when someone owns a domain and has it parked with your WWD reseller, you get revenue from it, then take my word for it: it really sucks! I get barely any revenue from it:

Month Impressions Gross Revenue
December 2005 13 $0.00
January 2006 93 $0.00
February 2006 567 $0.00
March 2006 353 $1.16
April 2006 170 $2.52
May 2006 165 $1.18
June 2006 32 $0.24
July 2006 87 $0.86

Wowwee, look at all that money!

•••
It's absolutely absurd, and must cater to the uninformed.

If you new about Fabulous, NameDrive, and the like, you obviously wouldn't pay GD. They feed off the ignorant.

D

•••
Premium: Earn 80% of the advertising
revenue on your parked domain
1 month: Just $24.99/mo

They even have a nice icon saying "Domainers Choice" :lol:

•••
The funny thing is I don't think they give ANY example of what a domainer might make if parking with them and making 80%. So we're simply to take their word for possibly making something off of parking our names there and forking over $25/mo to find out when every other parking service is begging for your names for free.

It's almost like taking their word for being able to backorder an awesome name that's dropping and giving them the $18 or whatever it costs instead of places like Pool and SnapNames that DO catch the names and DON'T charge upfront. And then Bob Parsons tries to be the crusader for domainers in his blogs against kiting and .eu cheaters...yea, whatever Bob. Keep sucking in drooling retards with your booby boob-tube commercials.

•••
but at least they let you choose (and pay for monthly) whether you want 60% of nothing or 80% of nothing

•••
That kind of strategy is not unlike the nonsense appraisals they hand out to unexperienced domain owners.
Basically what they do is lure people with the prospect of easy and quick profits.

But we know here that domaining is not a get-rick-quick scheme.
Again, I think only the noobs will fall for this trap. I actually doubt many of their customers will recoup the cost of parking membeship.

•••
so, 80% of nothing vs 60% of nothging, which one is better ? I need a computer caculate it..lol

•••
Id not pay for parking my domain :(

Rather id just park it at NameDrive.

•••
I agree it is not attractive at this point. In fact, they don't even have keyword optimization.

•••
You can choose GoDaddy and receive 80% revenue from parking for $24/month.

OR

You can choose NameDrive and receive 80% revenue from parking for $0/month.

WHICH DO I CHOOSE!?!?!! ;)

Last edited:
•••
i go with the longest of experience, free and high earns.

BillyConnite said:
You can choose GoDaddy and receive 80% revenue from parking for $24/month.

OR

You can choose NameDrive and receive 80% revenue from parking for $0/month.

WHICH DO I CHOOSE!?!?!!

•••
Any examples of GD parked pages that might suggest it's worth paying for??

Nevermind, I found the "See it in action" bit now. Nothing special indeed!

•••
This is ridiculous.

GoDaddy already makes a fortune from the domains that are automatically parked with them when they are registered at GoDaddy, which is more than 3 million. As I recall, it states somewhere that this advertising revenue helps GoDaddy keep prices low, which is a ridiculous statement. They're now trying to screw domain owners further by offering they crappy CashParking program.

Example: fishinginia.com

•••
GoDaddy I use to use, I was a Newbie.I had hosting for a 3 monthes, and two domains. The cPanel was so hard to use I just forgot about my website. And wasted about 50 bucks. The hotline is horrible to, the people cannot help there.
If you want to listen to me, just don't park anything there, and just don't even go to that site, everything is more expensive. I still cannot believe you actually have to pay to park it, what kind of person would do that :P.

•••
What I hate is when you just want to buy a domain and before you get to the payment page they try and sell you about a thousand different things. :-/

•••
Alright all, call me a noob. I bought into GD Cash Parking figuring it's better than leaving my domains undeveloped for awhile. Have around 50 domains listed with it. Had it for about a month. Revenue received: $0.00. I basically resorted to using it as a tracking report to see which of my domains are getting traffic from interested parties.

So, now that I've thrown more money at GD (by the way, I don't buy into their other services), any suggestions on how to turn this around?

Pull out of Cash Parking, make my own pages, put adsense on them? Then ride it out and look at NameDrive as they each expire.

Look at moving to NameDrive now?
Sedo?

I don't have time to develope these domains into full sites, but could make a template page for all of them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

•••
pcoptimized said:
So, now that I've thrown more money at GD (by the way, I don't buy into their other services), any suggestions on how to turn this around?

Pull out of Cash Parking, make my own pages, put adsense on them? Then ride it out and look at NameDrive as they each expire.

Look at moving to NameDrive now?
Sedo?
Just chalk it up as a lesson learned and create an account at Sedo or NameDrive and point all your domains there. Either one will work just fine and also provide the tracking information you're looking for. Best of all, they're free. I use both of them. In my opinion, NameDrive is better for parking revenue but Sedo is good if you're looking to sell your domains.

-Bill

•••
Thanks for the advice. It's time for me to "diversify" my portfolio. :)
Good thing I found NamePros. Well, maybe not. I'm starting to get wrapped up in buying/selling/monetizing domains and it's taking more of my time. :laugh:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back