Dynadot

.me Dot ME is gaining notorious reputation now.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
After a year since .me was launch, it becomes more and more adopted by big companies.
Recently 2 big companies are using .me:
WP.me (wordpress) and godaddysaves.me (Godaddy), soon others will join the club.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
this dude is constantly trying to get on his 'soap box' about dot pro , he needs to respect what the thread is about , this is about .ME not .YOU or .PRO

•••
And however .me is not much very better than .pro ;) Both worthless, except for excellent keywords, and some hacks, only for .me .

•••
tell the people who have had good .me sales the extension is worthless, way higher on the domain ladder than many extension..... wordpress seem to think its worthwhile

•••
•••
If you don't want to discuss .pro, don't bring it into a .me discussion. If you look at any .pro related comment I have made on non .pro threads, it's only ever in response to a negative comment directed at .pro. There are about a dozen playground bullies on NamePros who make the same lame comments about certain extensions being worthless on every alternative thread.

If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything. Go and start a .com, .net and .org are best thread and stay there. .pro, .cc, .me, .nu, .im, .tv, .mobi threads are started by enthusiasts, they are not for you. I have a vested interest in .pro, if you make inane or inaccurate comments about it, I will put across the Pro .pro view so other people reading the thread can make their own mind up. The irony is that if the serial critics of alternative extensions on NamePros could focus on what they have a positive or financial interest in, far fewer people would have even heard of .pro. A small part of the sixfold rise in .pro registrations during the last 15 months is down to you, so thank you.

•••
If you don't want to discuss .pro, don't bring it into a .me discussion. If you look at any .pro related comment I have made on non .pro threads, it's only ever in response to a negative comment directed at .pro. There are about a dozen playground bullies on NamePros who make the same lame comments about certain extensions being worthless on every alternative thread. [...]

Then my question is legit: do somebody pay you to defense .pro on every thread? Or is it just passionate love?

In the first case it wouldn't be ethical, in the second it would be insane.

However the bullies are more than a dozen, as i can see they're ... almost all the members, saying the same thing: all the minor ccTLD and unknown and unuseful generic ones, .name, .pro, .tel (even if .tel is a little different), and even .biz and .ws are generally worthless. There always are keywords and hacks (especially with some ccTLD) with some value, for every TLD, even .pro ;) and everybody know that, as well as everybody has some minor extension in the heart. For example i love .in, my first big sale was a .in ($1,600) and i will always support .in domains and .in market, but i would never defense .in on every thread where someone says "it is worthless". Because about.. 80% of the names (and maybe more) with some value in .com and .net are worthless even in my heart extension, .in (which is very very more powerful than .pro).

•••
Then my question is legit: do somebody pay you to defense .pro on every thread? Or is it just passionate love?

I have a big investment in .pro. I try to cover it up with my .pro avatar, .pro signature, reporting .pro buys like Game.pro, running .pro competitions, and posting about .pro but some people are clever, they see straight through me. If you know somebody who would pay me to defend .pro on NP, please give them my details.

•••
I have a big investment in .pro. I try to cover it up with my .pro avatar, .pro signature, reporting .pro buys like Game.pro, running .pro competitions, and posting about .pro but some people are clever, they see straight through me. If you know somebody who would pay me to defend .pro on NP, please give them my details.

It's like in the current economy: if governments and authoritative sources says and says some shares have value, investors would buy them just because they are repeating, and repeating, and repeating that.

Well, something similar.
I hope you will have your success with .pro, but if i (or everybody) want to believe this extension is worthless, don't try to change my mind. You can argue your love for .pro (maybe with different arguments and not always the same), yes, but don't strictly defend it in this way, it's insane!

•••
Agreed 100%
Reps added

I hope you will have your success with .pro, but if i (or everybody) want to believe this extension is worthless, don't try to change my mind. You can argue your love for .pro (maybe with different arguments and not always the same), yes, but don't strictly defend it in this way, it's insane!

•••
i've never seen .me come up in a search.

•••
just ignore that dude , if you respond to him, he just keeps going and justifies it by saying you started it , this is not a case of bullying its a case of crapping on about a different extension to the subject of the thread ....

..... i suggest start your own thread and if your extension is as good as you say , there will be many people joining in , quite simple really

•••
It's like in the current economy: if governments and authoritative sources says and says some shares have value, investors would buy them just because they are repeating, and repeating, and repeating that.

Well, something similar.
Here's what is really INSANE: yBoutube.com and NokiaBoard.com from your signature. The word TRADEMARK comes to mind. Here's your future:

Google has won a lawsuit against a teenage schoolboy about a domain name, googblog.com. Google moved to the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) to win back the domain name registered on the name of one Harit Shah from Surendranagar. The lawsuit was filed on 26th of March ‘09.

These two domains show why PRO isn't for you. You have to be a PROfessional to buy a PRO. You are still in domain-hack phase.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Try doing a search on the English word Me. The name Domain.me is number two in Google. Google doesn't seem to mind.

•••
Here's what is really INSANE: yBoutube.com and NokiaBoard.com from your signature. The word TRADEMARK comes to mind. [...]
These two domains show why PRO isn't for you. You have to be a PROfessional to buy a PRO. You are still in domain-hack phase.

Well, i don't see reasons to attack me in this way BUT.
Since it's offtopic i shouldn't reply to you, but i'm not professional then i will do the same.

Have you never done mistakes in buying domain names at your beginning?
Assuming the answer is "yes", wouldn't you like to give some little value to your mistakes to not lose at least the reg fee?
Assuming the answer is again "yes", wouldn't you just build some backlinks to give to the domain names a PR1 or PR2 and then develop minisites with links to your other sites and increase their PR too and maybe SE ranks, then put some other links there too etc...?

If your answer is "no", it just means we have different ways to use our domain names.

However i should change my signature, because i've been busy all the last month and i didn't have much time to develop this project in a better way, and the domains have been expired. Maybe i will go later. After your reply.

•••
this dude is constantly trying to get on his 'soap box' about dot pro , he needs to respect what the thread is about , this is about .ME not .YOU or .PRO

eww @ .pro

i did sell a .me once. i made $1000

•••

It will depend where you search. If you only search on g00gle, then I would not be surprised by your comment.

•••
•••
eww @ .pro

i did sell a .me once. i made $1000

he never did tell us the name of the amazing one word .com he got for a steal ???

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back